Suggestions for future episodes

Missy

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm obviously doing the monthly trivia thing, reviews and editorials are the core of the show, and I'll respond to your e-mails and voicemails on the air (when more come in!). But I'd like to host some fun segments that will not only serve to lengthen the show but also keep it from becoming stale down the line.

Suggestions?

You should find some funny little soundbites to segway between segments. Cash recommends Monty Python sound effects~

Seeing how this is about other little segments though, I'd have to say that maybe you give a rundown of the video games, DVDs, and movies that are coming out in theaters in the upcoming week or something. I personally usually know the music and movies, but I never know movies that are coming out.

I'll try and think up some fun stuff and see how some of the things I used to do on my radio show might translate.

Starting with the next episode (I think) the show will open and close with a song / theme, so the idea of adding sound effects / songs for transitions is one I'm keen too.

I also like the idea of covering what's hitting stores and theaters that week.

Maybe have Top 5 and a Bottom 5 List of the Week/Month?

Building on that, you could pick around five of something, like 5 fighter games or 5 action mangas, and then put a poll up on the forums and have the members vote on them. One week you can announce what the poll is for next time, tell everyone to come vote on it, then share the results on air the next week.

Maybe have Top 5 and a Bottom 5 List of the Week/Month?

Building on that, you could pick around five of something, like 5 fighter games or 5 action mangas, and then put a poll up on the forums and have the members vote on them. One week you can announce what the poll is for next time, tell everyone to come vote on it, then share the results on air the next week.

Great suggestion! Time (and memory) permitting, look for me to implement this starting with the next episode.

• 2 months later...

How about a "Stump Yoda" segment? We send trivia questions to Jenny, and she reads 5 to you. They could be different categories like Marvel, DC, Smallville, ect. It would of course just be for fun since you can't give prizes to yourself, but it would be fun and could open up discussions about the questions asked.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few off the top of my head.

Villains

Zombies

Mutants

Maybe something like an all overseas episode, focused on stuff from other countries, or an "underground" episode, focused on lesser known works.

Anti-heroes (just imagine the kinds of discussions you could have about them)

Anime/manga (later this year, around when the 2nd Annual Anime Fortnight rolls around) :happy:

Robots/mechs/androids, stuff of that nature (Iron Man could be included in that.)

• 4 months later...

How about an episode dedicated to teams?

Could be comic books, video games, cartoons, movies, etc. and it seems quite interesting. Like what makes a team. You could always go in-depth on stuff like what makes Tales of the New Teen Titans by Wolfman and (mostly) Perez a flawless run of comic books while Team Titans was well...

Just a thought.

PS Did I miss that zombie episode? There are a few to catch up on but I don't see zombie in the explanations on iTunes. Just wondering. I loves me some zombies.

We haven't recorded an all-zombie episode yet, but we will. Eventually.

The team idea is cool as well. We'd probably do something, like, each list our top 10 teams (from all forms of media), and then explain what made them so great.

We haven't recorded an all-zombie episode yet, but we will. Eventually.

The team idea is cool as well. We'd probably do something, like, each list our top 10 teams (from all forms of media), and then explain what made them so great.

I'd have to get in on both of those :yes:

Our next "all-" episode will probably happen around episode 60. Looking at our schedule, my guess is either episode 58 (15 September) or 63 (13 October). As it stands, I have us marked down to review Pulse and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (respectively) on those dates, but I couldn't give a crap about either movie. So maybe I'll swap one out for an "all-" episode.

What our topic will be (zombies, teams, action figures, etc.), however, I've yet to decide.

Once we decide, I'll let everyone know (both on the show, and on here) so y'all can help out.

Our next "all-" episode will probably happen around episode 60. Looking at our schedule, my guess is either episode 58 (15 September) or 63 (13 October). As it stands, I have us marked down to review Pulse and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (respectively) on those dates, but I couldn't give a crap about either movie. So maybe I'll swap one out for an "all-" episode.

What our topic will be (zombies, teams, action figures, etc.), however, I've yet to decide.

Once we decide, I'll let everyone know (both on the show, and on here) so y'all can help out.

September 15th would be good. It's not long after Dead Rising comes out on the 360 and I can do a review if you want.

• 3 weeks later...

September 15th would be good. It's not long after Dead Rising comes out on the 360 and I can do a review if you want.

Never mind. Dead Rising has a major flaw that makes it nearly unplayable for standard definition television users.

Damn. What's wrong with it?

Something that is becoming a problem on the 360. The text is too small when played on most SD sets, so you can't read it. Dead Rising doesn't use speech during gameplay, only text. I can't read what anybody is saying, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has this proble also, and I had a real problem getting through the tutorial because I couldn't read what it wanted me to do. It didn't matter after the tutorial though, because you didn't have to read anything after that.

• 1 month later...