Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not saying that I'm *not* interested, but how do you have creative difference with the guy who directed the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony - FEATURING Daniel Craig as Bond - and replace him with Purvis & Wade (GRRR-HRR-HRRR-RRRR) and the guy who directed a Netflix show by saying "Remember, you're Jonah Hill and Emma Stone - and SCENE!"

This has "missed opportunity" written all over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, slothian said:

the guy who directed a Netflix show by saying "Remember, you're Jonah Hill and Emma Stone - and SCENE!"

I will say that's not fair. Maniac may be his most recent thing but both Jane Eyre and Beasts of No Nations were very well directed films. Also, he did some great work on the first season of True Detective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

I will say that's not fair. Maniac may be his most recent thing but both Jane Eyre and Beasts of No Nations were very well directed films. Also, he did some great work on the first season of True Detective.

I'm regularly unfair.

Also, I will concede that I am basing that description of Maniac on what the director himself told the BBC website, and have not seen the actual show.

But I maintain that we're missing out not having a Bond film with Danny Boyle's stamp on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, slothian said:

I'm regularly unfair.

Also, I will concede that I am basing that description of Maniac on what the director himself told the BBC website, and have not seen the actual show.

But I maintain that we're missing out not having a Bond film with Danny Boyle's stamp on it.

I’ve only seen two Danny Boyle films, both of which involved major poop scenes played for laughs, so I’m not too bothered.

I’m gonna finish Beasts of No Nation and at least try Maniac. I didn’t care for Jane Eyre but that was because it was Jane Eyre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, teenalphabro said:

As the most recent episode of The Show shows well. 

But I usually acknowledge when I'm being unfair, unless you have a specific example otherwise.

1 hour ago, You Know Who said:

I’ve only seen two Danny Boyle films, both of which involved major poop scenes played for laughs, so I’m not too bothered.

Could you extrapolate? I'm not saying Boyle is a flawless director (I fucking hate The Beach, which stars your favourite guy Leonardo DiCaprio) but poo scenes played for laughs......?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

35 seconds in and I thought of Adham Fisher.

I'm liking the insistence that the Craig era isn't just an anthology of done-in-one Bond stories, but an evolving, sequential story about one guy. Especially with this being the final Craig film, it's that which has got me most interested as opposed to anything in the trailer, really. But the masked villain looked really cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Ooh. I can hear the modern Bond-izms (RE: Casino Royale), but with a different twist. It sounds like a Millennial James Bond lamenting a lost love. In Billie Eilish I can kind of hear hints of "Black Sheep" from the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World soundtrack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.