Weird Dreams

Donomark

Unless it's been done before, maybe a topic about the bizarre dreams we have why not?

zoidberg.png

For instance, last night I dreamt I met Elden Henson in the bathroom of this hotel-boat/ship hybrid, at which point it was revealed he was there to rob the place and the events that followed were a mix of the film Under Siege and an episode of Cowboy Bebop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are some of yours?

The one that always sticks out:

For some reason I bring Rihanna to board game night at my friends house.  But first, I have to get everybody to sign an NDA.  But when my friend takes a picture his victory in some game, he gets Rihanna in the background.  And for some reason, with his 33 followers, it goes viral.  And this, again for some reason, lands me in a 'rap beef' with Drake.  Which then leads to a tag team rap battle in the Skydome after a Blue Jays game.  Only, Jose Bautista homers in the 9th (major bat flip) to send it into extras.  And then I wake up.

I had a dream a few years ago that I was back in high school. The funny thing about it was I looked around and all of us were the age we are in present day. I looked at my former classmates and said "Why are we here? We are all in our mid to late thirties* and have long since graduated. Let's get out of here."

*Now that would be early to mid 40's.

• 2 months later...

Last night I had a dream that I was being attacked by a giant snake. I woke up too frightened to move. I wondered what it meant. Reproductive problem? change? Not an hour ago, I heard the word "python" and then it all came clear. The township between where I live and where I work has had a python reported missing. So I am relieved to know that my subconscious was reminding me that there is a 14 foot snake on the loose somewhere near my house...... Oh No. 

3 hours ago, Rjoyadet said:

Last night I had a dream that I was being attacked by a giant snake. I woke up too frightened to move. I wondered what it meant. Reproductive problem? change? Not an hour ago, I heard the word "python" and then it all came clear. The township between where I live and where I work has had a python reported missing. So I am relieved to know that my subconscious was reminding me that there is a 14 foot snake on the loose somewhere near my house...... Oh No. 

Hahha!

i killed a snake with my lawnmower a couple days ago. It was like "Is that a -- *vdddt* Oh shit!"

I dreamt the other night that I was sitting at a patio table beside a huge dumpster and all of a sudden a huge weird high pitched noise kicked up and I was like "that's the rats in the dumpster!" and then Ib woke up at 4:30-ish AM to that exact noise from the birds outside my bedroom window. My neighbours cut down two dead trees in their front yard and that clearly pissed off the birds that were coming back to their hangout spot early in the morning after a night of partying.

This time I dreamed I was in a class studying rap music. Today we were meant to listen to Tyler the Creator, and for some reason Tyler was a student in the class. He started going around being his troll self, and was kicked out. We continued listening, and it was only when I woke up that I realized the song in the dream was an Earl Sweatshirt song.

I dreamed last night that I was a guest auctioneer for a suped up Mercedes, but I was really tired and couldn't keep my eyes open, so while I was barely able to read the copy another guy was keeping tabs on who was bidding and what amount. That guy went on break at the end (because why not?) and the last bid anyone could remember solidly was 22K and it was by Donald Trump. We were desperately trying to find the guys who bid after him as we were all sure it happened, but he ended up winning and I got really mad.

I think it was about NAFTA.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a dream the other night where I saw/experienced the events of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which turned to involve Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones chasing a baby raptor through a giant old university or museum in Dublin/London/some dreary European city in winter for two hours. It featured Crook and Jones because I've been doing a rewatch of Detectorists lately and since Jones is going to be in the next movie. For some reason, the raptor had bat wings but never flew and neither did the only other dinosaur in the dream (picture this one but pink with bat wings).

Overall it was a strange mix being bizarre and dull and gave me a spark of optimism for Fallen Kingdom, which I don't expect to be good but which can't be worse than the dream I had about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some random ones I remember.

• Falling off a fire escape, before I hit the ground I feel proud for executing a perfect goofy holler. 
  • I was in a mansion that apparently was owned by Darksydephil we run out in terror as the mansion is struck by lighting and the clouds form the face of Robert Stack. 
  • playing a mysterious vhs tape I see a woman in a buzz cut and a purple and gold dhoti wrap. She instructs the viewer to rub ground beef until the blood coagulates into a blob. Then hold the blob and jump on your left foot 32 times, but do not look in to the eyes of the cloaked figures. I follow the instructions and find that with every jump I go north farther and the distance increases exponentially with every jump. Starting from my poorly lit house I am now jumping down the main road as it is dark and cloudy overhead. I see the cloaked figures going south. They look to me and intense bright lights come from underneath their hoods. Resisting the urge to not look at them is getting weaker. Then I wake up.
    • Now that I shared it, Alejandro Jodorowsky will probably tell me my subconscious plagiarized a story he is working o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I rarely have night terrors but an episode ruined my sleep last night. A loud noise woke me up. I felt too terrified to move. I remember trying to tell myself it was all a waking nightmare. That didn't work so I began to pray and got my Bible and read a verse I had underlined. I could sense the ... eh  whatever it was that was terrifying me nope out of my room. That gave me enough confidence to see if the loud noise really was an intruder. I used a trophy as a weapon, bad choice, good thing nobody was there.

Sometimes I write or illustrate my dreams on index cards. I looked at mine and they were illegible scribbles. My memory of writing them made me decipher the following

"Night"

"Exploding head syndrome"

"Why does this (illegible) obscenity terrify you"

"it's (illegible) unstoppable"

"fear the night mare"

"night man"

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm in the crowd at an NXT event at Full Sail University.  Whatever match is happening, it is broken up with a run-in by Emma.  Then Emma introduces her new tag team partner, Radar O'Reilly.  Not Gary Burghoff.  Radar.  And he cuts a great babyface promo about wanting to be the best, but first he has to go home.  Jump cut to me and Radar arriving at an amalgam of my old job, my current job and the 4077.  We walk inside and Jamie Farr starts yelling at us for being late.  Not Klinger, Jamie Farr.  So, they start arguing.  I pick up a jar of salsa that is on the floor (because dream) and put it on the desk.  Jamie Farr picks it up mistaking it for his coffee cup and takes a huge chug and dream ends.

I get the wrestling part.  I watched NXT right before sleeping.  That makes sense.  But I haven't watched M*A*S*H in years.  No idea where that came from.

I had the strangest dream a couple days ago. I got a job at an IT company and the first day / orientation literally took over 24 hours straight filling out forms and such.

Then we had to walk up some structure with ridiculously unsafe stairs, walk down the other side and go back into a hallway and fill out more forms. The stairs were so unsafe with huge gaps you could fall through, 50 feet to a concrete floor, that OSHA would never allow them to exist.  Furthermore, the structure was totally unnecessary and served no purpose. Had that thing not been built we could just walk directly to the other room.

Yes. I nitpick my own dreams.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, S-T said:

Then we had to walk up some structure with ridiculously unsafe stairs.....

I have had that come up in dreams, except it is not an office but a wooden mansion and when I go inside the floor gets creakier until I am on a narrow stairway over deep falls. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 12:43 AM, The Master said:

A week or so back I dreamed Shana and I were dating in high school, then it turned out she was a mermaid but was floating in a Ryder truck full of water but the back was open so who knows how it didn't spill out.

Force field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night where I was running a D&D session where the party found an abandoned island. There was some evidence of prior habitation.

Upon further searching, they found a secret base that indicated the island had been used as Psy Ops during the cold war by either the US or USSR to find methods to drive human beings insane but it looks like they abandoned the project when all attempts failed. This apparently was what some rich guy had hired the party to find out.

Finally, while waiting for their boat to arrive to pick them up, they found the remains of a crashed ship. Written on it: S.S. Minnow.

The party was on Gilligan's Island.

Last night's weird dream was basically seeing some weird Avengers Go To Disney Land movie.

Tony, Bucky, and Steve were investigating something but it meant they has to go to Wakanda. Steve was jealous of Bucky or something which prompted him to at first insist he would he spending the night in the hostels where Bucky is until Steve pointed out the beds were uncomfortable so Tony insisted on the best room in the hotel. Steve threw some shade about Tony being damanding.

Anyway, after a scene of Bucky thanking T'challa for saving his life, Bucky and Steve went to "Disney's Disavowed Wakandaan Theme Park." (That is literally what the dreams subtitle called it.) This involved some argueing over roller coasters and Bucky and Steve seeing a production of Carrie The Musical the park had. Chris Pratt was also in the audience but he was playing Andy Dwyer instead of Starlord. He was really disappointed with the musical because he was hoping for something with more action.

Also, for some reason, my dream also used Brandon Routh as The Atom instead of Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. Steve wouldn't let him go with then on the mission because he couldn't have another dead Avenger on his conscience.