Episode 573

RSS

This week on Dread Media, we focus on brand new releases. First up, Desmond and Tom logically process the new Netflix sci-fi release starring Gary Oldman as a house: TAU. Then, Rich the Monster Movie Kid returns to review the Orwellian Purge prequel, The First Purge. Only one of these songs could actually be considered new: "New Model No. 15" by Marilyn Manson, "The Big House" by Tau Cross, "Electric Eye" by Judas Priest, and "Purge the World" by Exodus. [ 1:13:44 || 35.6 MB ]

Would it be possible to put times in the episode description of when segments start, so that if we're really interested in a specific review we can go to that section first?

Maybe I misunderstood the series, but the premise of The Purge is strange. It was established in the first movie that economic growth is way up and crime is way down because of the Purge... and we find out later that the purpose of the Purge is to kill poor black people. So according to the logic the script gives us, killing a bunch of poor black people has resulted in peace and prosperity.  Which is a terribly evil message. Just pure evil.

Now, to be fair: I do not think the people producing this are a bunch of literal Nazis who actually believe this is a good message. It is more likely that they have not thought this through nearly as much as they should have.

5 hours ago, S-T said:

Would it be possible to put times in the episode description of when segments start, so that if we're really interested in a specific review we can go to that section first?

It is possible. I wouldn't even consider doing it unless Patrons asked for it. I put a lot of time into the show and don't necessarily care to do even more if I don't have to. It's not difficult to assume after listening to a few episodes that the feature review is about 25 minutes long. But, I don't do the show for people who want to skip through stuff.

As far as The Purge stuff is concerned, I don't know. I haven't seen one of the movies.

5 hours ago, Dread said:

I put a lot of time into the show and don't necessarily care to do even more if I don't have to.

Which is fine. I'm not complaining, and I definitely appreciate the work you put into it. (And the many hundreds of hours all of the Earth-2 pod casters put into their shows.)

Nice episode BTW. I liked it.