Episode #3

J Marv

You asked why they would release games early, and I'm pretty sure that it is a result of promotions (most notably Mountain Dew's) that allow you to "Win before you can buy." So, I think Quake IV and Madden '06 are being released "early" to accomodate those winners (as in, they have something to play if they just win the system).

I enjoyed the show, and I think that Jenny adds a nice element to the show, as it gives you somebody to play off of.

Jenny is really quiet though (relative to you, Yoda). I'm not sure if it's just her voice, or if she wasn't close enough to her mic or whatever. It's not really a huge thing, just something I noticed.

In truth, we're both quiet speakers and were the same distance from the mic, but I project for the show. Hopefully she'll become more comfortable as we record future episodes, and this will become a nonissue.

Oh, and while I see what you're saying about the Xbox 360 (are winners getting their systems on the release date?), why was it done with the PSP? I don't recall any promotions such as this "every ten minutes" one.

What did you think of the length? You were the one who said you preferred the longer shows. Was an hour too long? See, I like that length, but I can see where it could be a bit much.

I thought the length was good, maybe a smidgen long (but most of that is still growing pains as it seems like you're still trying to get the show settled into a form). Honestly though, this episode was a lot different from the other two in terms of content that I'm not sure it would be a very valid comparison.

And I don't really know about the PSP games. Honestly I was just speculating about the XBox 360 ones, but it seems to me the most likely explanation.

EDIT: After reading Cash's post, I think I should clear up my length statement. It's not that the time itself is too long, it's how much of the time is content; if that makes sense. Like it could be 3 hours for all I care as long as there's always show content.

Dropped feedback via phone again and I really enjoy hiding my accent on the phone so that people can actually like... understand what I'm saying.

As for what I didn't bog down the phone message with:

1. I was on the show twice and I equal ratings. When I did guest commentary with Seagull over at the Oratory for his live review, the main page shut down. Sure, it could have been Rajah, but we prefer to think that it was all me!

2. Everyone loves Kareoke or however it's spelled. You know you love it! Jenny admitted it on the air, but you can come out and say it too, don't be embarassed :P

3. Oratory plugs rule

4. I was going to say that Jenny was a little soft, but Marv took care of that and you addressed it, so no biggie.

5. LOVE the way you two play off one another. Provides a fun dynamic, and coming out of radio, having someone else there was always a lot better for me. The highest rated show on our station was my lunch hour show - the Nooner with Cash :P - and the second highest was when I buddied up with a guy and did a 6 - 8 show... and after that it's morning shows, which always featured a team and then team shows throughout the day. No clue why, but I think it's the dynamic and ability to have a conversation with someone you can actually see.

6. I liked the length, but you could make them 2 hours and I'd say that I liked it. I listen to it while I'm sitting here at the computer, so you could go on and on and on and I'd be like, "sweet, more information!"

7. Gizmoduck.

I was going to send voicemail, but it would have been a rambling, incoherent mess, so maybe next time.

1.) I didn't mind it being an hour+. Like I said before, I rather enjoy having more to listen to. The longer, the better.

2.) At first, I wasn't keen on the banter between you and Jenny if only because it just seemed awkward and a bit too rambling-ish. However, I overlook that because it was the first time you all did this together. Plus, it actually grew on me as the show progressed to where, by the halfway point, I was enjoying it and laughing with it. So, it looks like your duo is going to work out pretty well.

3.) I commend you immensely on the "What's New on Earth-2?" segment because it makes people more aware of what we are posting on the mainpage and what has been posted since the last "E-2: The Show" episode. And with your encouraging of feedback, (and I think I speak for all of us when I say this) it makes the mainpage writers/artists feel like their work is appreciated that much more.

4.) It did seem like Jenny was a bit apprehensive throughout it. I think a lot of that is due to her softer voice, though, which J Marv and Cash already touched upon. But it did seem like she didn't know exactly what to say at several points and that made it a bit awkward. But like I said earlier, I'd chalk that up it being the first time you all did this jointly, so it's not a big deal at all.

5.) Cash, it's spelled "Karaoke". And Karaoke is teh suk. :ph34r:

Overall, another very solid episode. I'm loving this more and more.

I was going to send voicemail, but it would have been a rambling, incoherent mess, so maybe next time.

Send it anyway. I like playing that stuff on the air and responding to it.

2.) At first, I wasn't keen on the banter between you and Jenny if only because it just seemed awkward and a bit too rambling-ish.  However, I overlook that because it was the first time you all did this together.  Plus, it actually grew on me as the show progressed to where, by the halfway point, I was enjoying it and laughing with it.  So, it looks like your duo is going to work out pretty well.

Obviously the first few minutes are improved faux bickering, so that might explain the awkwardness. But I do agree; I've listened to the show several times (I do this with each to see, well, hear where I can improve) and we really do gel partway through the Astonishing X-Men: Gifted review.

3.) I commend you immensely on the "What's New on Earth-2?" segment because it makes people more aware of what we are posting on the mainpage and what has been posted since the last "E-2: The Show" episode.  And with your encouraging of feedback, (and I think I speak for all of us when I say this) it makes the mainpage writers/artists feel like their work is appreciated that much more.

Yeah. It dawned on me that since this is now listed on iTunes, there will be people who've never visited the site listening to the show. So I better encourage them to come with promises of fantastic writing and all that.

Hopefully that will result in more people reading the site and thus more feedback for the writers.

4.) It did seem like Jenny was a bit apprehensive throughout it.  I think a lot of that is due to her softer voice, though, which J Marv and Cash already touched upon.  But it did seem like she didn't know exactly what to say at several points and that made it a bit awkward.  But like I said earlier, I'd chalk that up it being the first time you all did this jointly, so it's not a big deal at all.

There's a point early on where Jenny awkwardly says, "Uh... yeah," before continuing on with her thought. And I think that's the moment (or at least one of them) you're referring to.

In truth, that was actually my fault. I gave her a visual cue to continue talking, and she wasn't expecting it.