The Sarah Connor Chronicles (NON-SPOILERS)

Missy

Terminator TV

Sarah Connor's coming to the tube

As Arnold Schwarzenegger’s killer droid might put it: “Come to TV if you want to live.” Sarah Connor wants to live, so she’s coming to TV.

Awful, awful wordplay aside, there’s news that C2 Pictures, who were behind Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines are bringing The Sarah Connor Chronicles to TV.

The show – which will trace the events that occurred between the second and third movies – is being set up at Fox. But Linda Hamilton fans will be disappointed: she’s not expected to return to the role of Sarah Connor. There’s also no word on if the most recent John, Nick Stahl, will be involved either. And given the timescale, it’s unlikely that The Governator himself will turn up for anything more than the odd season-finale ratings-grabbing cameo, if at all.

James Middleton, a senior C2 executive who’s producing the series, said it will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of T2 when the character went on the run. "She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world.”

And Josh Friedman, who penned the first draft of Steven Spielberg’s War Of The Worlds, is in charge of writing the pilot and running the show. "The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

Just don’t expect too many huge, James Cameron-scaled set pieces. This is TV budgeted, after all.

"There's going to be a healthy dose of both (action and family drama)," Friedman said, noting that the Terminator mythology "has a lot of big ideas in it that don't cost you a dime to explore."

• 9 months later...

From Cynopsis:

Fox has ordered up a new project based on the Terminator movies, called The Sarah Connor Chronicles, from Warner Bros. TV and with David Nutter set to direct. According to Variety, the project picks up after the last Terminator film, T2, and follows Connor and her son John now 14 years old.

From Cynopsis:

Fox has ordered up a new project based on the Terminator movies, called The Sarah Connor Chronicles, from Warner Bros. TV and with David Nutter set to direct. According to Variety, the project picks up after the last Terminator film, T2, and follows Connor and her son John now 14 years old.

Wasn't the "last" film T3, isn't Sarah dead??? Seriously, this is such a bad idea I don't know where to start..

- So it's going to be some lame show about a mom and her kid, using the Terminator films as an umbrella to get audiences.

- When I read this I thought cool, a show set in the future about the humans vs cyberdine...

- Or couldn't you do it so the first episdoe is on the day Cyberdine becomes self aware?

No one is going to watch a show about Sarah Connor being psycho and teaching her son to be a military general, it's just lame!

And Josh Friedman, who penned the first draft of Steven Spielberg’s War Of The Worlds, is in charge of writing the pilot and running the show. "The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

Well, it's the thought that counts, I guess. <_<

• 2 months later...
Lena Headey ("Imagine Me & You") has landed the plum leading role in the Fox pilot "The Sarah Connor Chronicles." Project, from Warner Bros. TV, continues the "Terminator" movie franchise storyline by focusing on Sarah and her son John, as they fight attackers from the future in present-day Los Angeles. Headey takes over the role made famous by Linda Hamilton in the first two "Terminator" films. Headey's credits include the features "The Brothers Grimm," "The Cave" and "Ripley's Game." She appeared in the telepics "The Gathering Storm" and "The Lonely War," as well as the mini "Merlin." Josh Friedman will write and David Nutter is set to direct the "Sarah Connor" pilot.

She's also in 300. She does look like she can hold her own in a fight.

lenaheadeybz8.th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The pilot hit the Bittorrent sites today. Not that I'm promoting piracy, just saying :whistle:

Edit:

Summer Glau from Firefly is in it. I didn't know that before hand and was quite happy about it.

Sarah Conner is a badass. She hides weapons in the wall of their house, and is always ready to fight.

John Conner seems like a whiney kid, and not the cool kid from T-2.

The bad Terminator is pretty cool, in that he has sort of a personality. He even passes himself off as a teacher, but his gelled hair seems kind of weird for a killer cyborg from the future. He hides weapons inside his body, and cuts them out when needed.

It mostly takes place in 1999.

There is an FBI agent trying to bring Sarah in, and is obsessed with her.

I can't tell anything else or I will spoil it. It was pretty good. Not spectacular, but good.

• 2 months later...
Fox's midseason sci-fi drama "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is getting a "Terminator" branding and a Monday night berth.

The series, an offshoot of the "Terminator" feature franchise, has been renamed "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." It will premiere at 8 p.m. Jan. 14 and will run Monday night alongside veteran "24."

At its upfront presentation in May, Fox announced a spring launch for "Sarah Connor" at 9 p.m. Sundays. That evoked parallels to the run of another sci-fi drama in the time period, "The X-Files," before the network switched to an all-comedy Sunday lineup.

The plan changed last month after Fox brass opted to extend the upcoming seventh season of "24" into June. (With a three-hour premiere instead of a four-hour/two-night premiere and no back-to-back episodes, "24" will run through June 16.) That led to shifting the return of "24's" regular companion, "Prison Break," to April so that the two series can wrap their seasons on the same night, opening the possibility to launch a 13-episode midseason series on Monday in January.

"We came around thinking this is a golden opportunity to make 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' part of the huge surge of excitement in January," said Fox scheduling chief Preston Beckman, referring to the network's January rating surge from the return of "American Idol" and "24." "Fortunately, Sunday night is doing fine with our animated comedies, so we could do that."

"Terminator: Sarah Connor," from C2 Pictures and WBTV, stars Lena Headey as Sarah Connor, who, along with her son John (Thomas Dekker), battle attackers from the future.

Why Monday? There are too many shows I want to watch on Mondays already.

• 2 months later...
What was with the inconsistency in this show? First the girl terminator acting like a normal high school girl, but now she doesn't know how to act human???

Probably her programming. She was programmed to act a certain way until her reveal to him, than after that, it was left up to her to continue learning. She does give off smirks at times and tries to learn on her own, but it'll take time.

I also noticed in last nights episode that when the Terminator examines her(after crashing through the window)she is an unknown model. I assume this will come into play later. I think the show is better than I thought it would be, still some kinks to work out, but remember it's still new, give it a chance.

Shows like Full House, Family Matters, Buffy and Hercules did poorly its first season and than went on to become high profile shows. So far, it isn't doing bad in ratings.