Episode 65: Andy Serkis

RSS

An episode of Hey, an Actor that has been three-plus years in the making, The Brothers Wilson are able to use The Year of the Rings to finally talk about the crown prince of motion-capture: Andy Serkis. The coverage of The Lord of the Rings is picked up with the full debut of Smeagol / Gollum in The Two Towers, whilst further mo-cap is covered in Steven Spielberg's adaptation of The Adventures of Tintin. And without the digital effects, we also cover Serkis' portrayal of English rocker Ian Dury in his biopic Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Along the way, discover amazing things brought up in conversation, such as trees not having lungs, overrated British sitcoms, and new HAA character Pandywise the Dancing Clown. The episode also sees the debuts of the Hey, an Actor caption competition and one Lincoln "Link" Wilson. [ 3:25:13 || 98.9 MB ]

I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to watch Tintin and send in feedback. Like you guys, my brother and I also watched the 90s cartoon and read the comics from our library. It’s one of those international comic franchises that’s always interesting to learn about. Wish we had done it on CBFR...🤔

43 minutes ago, Donomark said:

I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to watch Tintin and send in feedback. Like you guys, my brother and I also watched the 90s cartoon and read the comics from our library. It’s one of those international comic franchises that’s always interesting to learn about. Wish we had done it on CBFR...🤔

I should warn you that Herge's black people look like Mr Popo/Jinx. I've not read Tintin in America in a while or The Blue Lotus at all but I can't imagine him portraying Native American or Chinese people tastefully either.

• 7 months later...