Episode 1071: Supergirl 1984 and 2015

RSS

Today, Dan and Mike discuss all things Supergirl. First they dive into the oddity that is the 1984, Helen Slater-led Supergirl movie. Then they cover three episodes from the 2015 Supergirl TV series: "Pilot," "Stronger Together," and "Worlds Finest." [ 2:13:05 || 66.5 MB ]

Man I dunno. I really think Supergirl is one of the worst CBMs of all time. It makes zero attempt at having any sense, is horribly acted with terrible special effects, and watches like its totally bereft of any effort to treat the audience as anything above idiots.

I especially disliked how Kara somehow knew everything about Kal-El's life as both Superman and Clark Kent on Earth despite having never been on Earth before, nor having even met him before. Maybe I missed something, but I remember her knowledge of him came from being in his franchise rather than any other given information.

I didn't hate this movie, but I truly think there's nary a redeeming quality to be found in it.

• Missy changed the title to Episode 1071: Supergirl 1984 and 2015