Episode 4

Blane

Cash sounds NOTHING at all like I would imagine it to be....

Anyway, I personally dislike the "upcoming releases" section mainly because it SCREAMS filler to me which I don't think it is. But it goes on for way too long and it's time that could be spent talking about more important things in my opinion. It's a cool segment but I think you should cut it down to highlighting some important releases or things you think the listeners would enjoy instead of rambling off a huge list.

Jenny is definetly coming out of her shell and the show definetly has a nice dynamic with her and you bantering back and fourth.

I'm not totally done listening through so I'll have to edit in my thoughts on the Saw backlash later.

But by the way as a fanboy of the original Saw, Saw II was a MAJOR let down for me as well. I'd give it a 3/10.

Edit: Ok the things about the Saw fanboys is understandable, the guys are total retards but you gotta realize that you'll get the same reaction out of most of any fanboys if you diss on their favorite thing. Look at this way, you expressed and wrote your points in such a good manner that it evoked a reaction that strong out of those people.

Anyway in the past night I have listened to episodes 2-4 and they get consistently better.

Thanks.

Truly wish there was a way to do call ins or something like that.

Same here. I'd very much like to have people "live" on the air with us. But since that isn't possible, I'm working on other ways to incorporate more people into the show.

Truly wish there was a way to do call ins or something like that.

Same here. I'd very much like to have people "live" on the air with us. But since that isn't possible, I'm working on other ways to incorporate more people into the show.

It's possible, it's just complicated. All you really have to do is record the podcast as a Skype conversation. And the beautiful thing about Skype is that you do it all over a computer, even on 56K, so no expensive long distance calls (and Skype itself is free). But like I said, it's complicated. Certainly not impossible, though, and there are numerous online tutorials about it.

I enjoyed the part about WE3, but it was late last night when I listened to the show and that was really the only part I was paying close attention to, as I had other things going on. I'll probably listen to it again a bit later and give more detailed feedback.

Come on Yoda, face your fears/hatreds of Smash Brothers and Burton's Batman. It'd be damn entertaining! ;)

Liked the show a lot, although most of the things discussed went over my head from not being a hardcore gamer or reader. Could there be something a bit more mainstream in the next show, perhaps?

Oh, and do more writing. :*

Come on Yoda, face your fears/hatreds of Smash Brothers and Burton's Batman. It'd be damn entertaining!  ;)

Recently Jen and I recorded a commentary track for America Psycho 2 (which was posted on the mainpage today), and I'm thinking of doing the same for Batman. So keep an eye out for that.

Liked the show a lot, although most of the things discussed went over my head from not being a hardcore gamer or reader. Could there be something a bit more mainstream in the next show, perhaps?

Thanks. And as noted at the end of the show, we're covering Green Lantern: Rebirth in the fifth episode. Though GL isn't as mainstream as, say, the X-Men, Superman and Batman, he's known by the general public thanks to Challenge of the Super Friends and the current JL cartoon. On the show after that, however, we'll be discussing an Image title that doesn't garner a lot of press, but very much deserves it.

Oh, and do more writing.  :*

:punch: :P

I downloaded it a while ago, but finally had the time to listen to it. Might as well respond here...

I like the converstional, back and forth tone the show has now that Jenny joined in. I like it.

I can sympathise with your frustration with SCIII, Yoda. I rushed out and got it in the first few days it was out. When I loaded it up, though, and started to play through ToS with my (ex) favorite character, Mina, I got KILLED. I had to face nearly everyone more than four, five times. Don't even get me started on that asshat, Abyss.

Still, I told myself it wasn't crap, it just couldn't be after all the praise I had seen for it. After all the hope I had put into it. I've gotten alot better with the game now, and it's great fun. Now, instead of trying to get off as many power moves as fast as possible while hoping the AI wouldn't guard (SCII), a great deal of strategy is required. Mixing up high/low attacks, throws, and guard impacts are needed to beat the CPU instead of dumb luck. It's the challenge that spurred me on and showed what a good game this is. And if, the AI is still too frustrating, the VS play is still wonderful. You're doing the right thing, giving it a second chance.