Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Keith

Going Online with the DS?

So is anyone going to be going Online with the DS? I know they've only a couple of games out at the moment and won't have many others released this year, but I'm curious if there will be many individuals who will take part going online with Nintendo's little handheld unit. I'm hoping to get DSL sometime this year so I can maybe take part in it with Mario Kart and Animal Crossing, but at the moment that's just wishful thinking.

I just bought Mario Kart over the weekend, but when I tried to use my existing wireless port, it didn't detect it. :( So now I have to go get something that will work, and I'll definetly be going online once I get it. I also can't wait for Animal Crossing, just so I can meet and trade with other people, instead of just trading with one or two other people.

As soon as I figure out how to do this, I will.

My DS library is barren to say the least. MarioKart looks like it will be making its way to my DS very soon, though.

I'll be picking up Mario Kart: DS soon enough, as well. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to go online with it without too much trouble.

Has any else been able to play the full cup in Mario Kart WiFi? So far I've done about 20 races, and every time someone drops out in the middle, shutting down the game. :grumble: Stupid quitting bastards...

Friend Code: 4810-9724-1735

I've got peaches growing in my town, and lots of them. ;)

My AIM name is Shinmaru007 in case you catch me online. I'll likely be on there at the same time I'm playing Animal Crossing.

Has anyone else found a place that is an "Internet hotspot" that they could recommend to me while I await my Wi-Fi adapter?

Well, after a long wait, I've FINALLY gotten myself online with the Nintendo DS. Wasn't a great idea to on Mario Kart Online since I hadn't played the game for months and was getting my ass handed to me. But still, I really enjoyed it.

Is anyone else picking up Metroid or Tetris? I've been thinking about getting one or the other, but can't figure out which one I'd prefer. Has anybody played these games yet?

Well, after a long wait, I've FINALLY gotten myself online with the Nintendo DS. Wasn't a great idea to on Mario Kart Online since I hadn't played the game for months and was getting my ass handed to me. But still, I really enjoyed it.

Is anyone else picking up Metroid or Tetris? I've been thinking about getting one or the other, but can't figure out which one I'd prefer. Has anybody played these games yet?

My friend bought Metroid and I loved the controls. If you've played a PC first-person-shooter, you'll get used to the control scheme very quickly. I'm thinking about buying it, too.

So has anyone been looking at the DS Opera Cartridge for surfing the net? It looks pretty awesome. Last I saw its supposed to cost about $35 or so.

So does anyone still play Animal Crossing or Mario Kart? I'm trying to get back into the DS Online, but I really don't know many people to play against(Though I actually suck at it <_< ) or whose towns to visit.

I also got Tetris DS. Doubt anyone owns that, but I figured I'd at least mention it.