Every film you've watched in 2020

Missy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kiki's Delivery Service: I never fail to be reminded how charming and beautiful the film is!

The Cat Returns: It's cute. Not my favorite but good.

Fantastic Four: Not my cup of tea. Basically, someone had a basic idea of the Fantastic Four and decided to make a body horror film instead.

The Princess Bride: It's a classic for a reason.

Films: 254
Documentaries: 1

Rewatches: 7
Mst3k/Rifftrax/Other Assisted: 28

Con Air: What's to say that hasn't already been said? John Malkovich and Steve Buscemi are both in much better movies in their minds. Dave Chappelle is hilarious.

This movie is patently ridiculous, downright bad and I absolutely love it. 

It's incredible how bad a guy like Nick Cage can be, when I know he's actually a good actor. 

13 hours ago, Molly said:

It's incredible how bad a guy like Nick Cage can be, when I know he's actually a good actor. 

I truly believe that everything he does is a choice. There is no "fuck this movie is the shits, so who cares?" with Cage. He knows exactly what every film's performance needs more than anyone else.

An Extremely Goofy Movie: I don't like that pretty much all of Max's Character Development from the first movie got pushed back but, otherwise, I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially all the 70s music throughout.

Cinderella III: A Twist In Time: Probably the best of the Disney Straight to Video features. It helps that everyone gets better characterization and there are actual stakes at least.

Frankenstein: It's a classic for a reason.

Kentucky Fried Movie: One of my favorite, "Hey, we got a bunch of sketches, let's release it as a film" films. Zinc Oxide and You is a freaking treasure!

Monty Python and The Holy Grail: Absurd, cheap, and wonderful for it!

Films: 259

9 hours ago, Dread said:

I truly believe that everything he does is a choice. There is no "fuck this movie is the shits, so who cares?" with Cage. He knows exactly what every film's performance needs more than anyone else.

That may be true. I don't think I've seen him give a bad/weird performance that didn't perfectly fit a bad movie. 

Karate Kid III: Another movie where clear communication would solve a relationship problem, something that continues into Cobra Kai series.

Had Daniel simply explained what was going on - that a group of criminals was threatening to murder Daniel and gang rape his female friend unless he entered the tournament - much of the conflict between him and Miyagi could have been resolved.

Also, buying a gun could help. After what happened at the ocean, put a bullet in Mike Barnes and his friends the next time they show up to attack Daniel. Justifiable homicide, in self defense and defense of another.

Silver's plan depends on Daniel not wanting to defend his title and on Miyagi refusing to train him - neither which he could have known when he hatched the plan. It seems like this master scheme by this mega rich criminal leaves a whole lot to chance.

Also - Terry Silver dumps nuclear waste, which has... what to do with the plot? Other than making him seem more evil and turn him into to a Captain Planet villain?

Films watched: 43

Maybe the final tally, depending on if we watch a movie tonight or not:

Host: not bad. Some really great in camera effects in places.

Blade: holds up. This movie oozes cool, and that's the reason Marvel Studios exists. It's so good.

Blade II: the CGI is hunker than I remember, but it's still a blast. Great script from Goyer and a terrifying monster.

• Features: 138
  • Shorts: 2
  • Documentaries: 13
  • Rewatches: 3

Spider-Man: Far From Home: I think I remember disliking it more but it holds up pretty well.

Sister Act 2: Back in The Habit: I somehow didn't get to this until the last day of 2020. Wild.

The Lion King 1 1/2: It's not a bad film, has a few moments where it kind of falters though.

The Skeleton Twins: Kristen Wiig is going to win an Oscar by the end of the 20s. Good for her when it happens!

The Wizard of Oz: One of my favorite films since I was young (what gay boy doesn't love it though). It's a classic for a reason.

Films: 264

Final count for 2020: I watched 300 films. This was helped along by the fact that I wasn't hanging out with friends on weekends and that I had the extra money for extra streaming services and the such. That said, I also watched like 70 something films in December alone. October helped it. I will also hopefully not hit 300 films next year but we'll see.

• Missy locked this topic