Episode 75: Timothy Dalton

RSS

To honor the proposed release of Bond #25, No Time to Die, The Brothers Wilson have also delayed the episode dedicated to the winner of our James Bond actor poll from earlier in the year: Timothy Dalton. The hosts look at the 1970 adaptation of the classic novel Wuthering Heights, before turning to slightly classier fare in Fran Drescher's The Beautician and the Beast. Then, by popular demand, the hosts review Hot Fuzz. Along the way, we have anecdotes regarding wedding reception music requests, lockdown quizzes, and a duet between singing space professors. And just how well do you know Alan Tudyk? [ 3:01:47 || 188.3 MB ]

Good episode guys, and apologies for the lengthy feedback.

Regarding my question about your favourite of the film scores from last month’s roster, Ian recapped the scene from the Holiday, where Jack Black’s character (a film composer himself) performs a rendition of the “Driving Miss Daisy” theme, and recounts its importance in the history of film scores. Well, I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I didn’t point out the irony of this scene, as Composer Hans Zimmer wrote the music to Driving Miss Daisy, (something Black’s character points out), and Zimmer actually scored The Holiday. Zimmer is a longtime collaborator of Nancy Meyers, so I’m sure this was in the script and is a nice little nod to their friendship. 

21 hours ago, batguy10 said:

Regarding my question about your favourite of the film scores from last month’s roster, Ian recapped the scene from the Holiday, where Jack Black’s character (a film composer himself) performs a rendition of the “Driving Miss Daisy” theme, and recounts its importance in the history of film scores. Well, I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I didn’t point out the irony of this scene, as Composer Hans Zimmer wrote the music to Driving Miss Daisy, (something Black’s character points out), and Zimmer actually scored The Holiday. Zimmer is a longtime collaborator of Nancy Meyers, so I’m sure this was in the script and is a nice little nod to their friendship. 

Good fact!

And don't apologise for lengthy feedback - we're happy to receive it!