Round 2: Captain America: The First Avenger v Spider-Man: Far from Home

Round 2: Captain America: The First Avenger v Spider-Man: Far from Home  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Far from Home takes way too long to get going. Once it does, I'm a smiling happy boy. But I can't pretend the first half isn't to my tastes.

Captain America: The First Avenger takes a campy piece of World War II propaganda, looks it dead in the eyes and says, "Let's do this." Joe Johnston never shies away from the source material, and actually has fun with it. In these times (RE: 2003 onward), Captain America should not work as a character or movie. Yet here we are.

33 minutes ago, The Master said:

Far from Home takes way too long to get going. Once it does, I'm a smiling happy boy. But I can't pretend the first half isn't to my tastes.

Captain America: The First Avenger takes a campy piece of World War II propaganda, looks it dead in the eyes and says, "Let's do this." Joe Johnston never shies away from the source material, and actually has fun with it. In these times (RE: 2003 onward), Captain America should not work as a character or movie. Yet here we are.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Cap takes this easy. What a bright spot in superhero movies that was. Getting the guy who directed Rocketeer (the best superhero film of all-time) to direct it was a stroke of genius, and he did not disappoint.

3 hours ago, Donomark said:

A better match-up would be The First Avenger vs one of the good Spider-Man movies.

Yeah, but to you that's a movie starring Jamie Foxx's Electro!

....I went there....

I haven't see Cap in forever (and only the once), so I don't know if I remember it all that well.  And I've been kinda voting on 'immediate thought' and Far From Home didn't jump out as better. 

So, bad choice on my part, but I think I have to push.