Episode 79 - Michael Keaton

RSS

The first featured actor of 2021 on Hey, an Actor! is comedic-turned-serious actor via Batman: Michael Keaton. The Brothers Wilson look at one of his break-out hits in Mr. Mom, his signifying career renaissance statement known as Birdman: or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance), and one of his most famous roles working with Tim Burton (no, not that one) Beetlejuice. Along the way Pandy rants, Ian lays out the secret behind Danny Elfman's career, and a Pandy Parody closes out the show. [ 3:10:46 || 91.9 MB ]

• Missy changed the title to Episode 79 - Michael Keaton

Another great episode guys!

Regarding John Hughes, Molly Ringwald wrote a pretty insightful article a few years ago entitled What About “The Breakfast Club”?  that is worth a read. It doesn't delve into the issues Pandy raised with Mr. Mom, but has some good criticisms of his other work and practices. (https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/what-about-the-breakfast-club-molly-ringwald-metoo-john-hughes-pretty-in-pink)

Also, Muppet and Rocky themed Flickchart Forums are a great idea and I would love to hear them. 

On 2/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, batguy10 said:

Another great episode guys!

Regarding John Hughes, Molly Ringwald wrote a pretty insightful article a few years ago entitled What About “The Breakfast Club”?  that is worth a read. It doesn't delve into the issues Pandy raised with Mr. Mom, but has some good criticisms of his other work and practices. (https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/what-about-the-breakfast-club-molly-ringwald-metoo-john-hughes-pretty-in-pink)

Also, Muppet and Rocky themed Flickchart Forums are a great idea and I would love to hear them.

That article made for interesting reading, certainly. I appreciate that people write in the context of the time, and the time Hughes wrote in was pretty rough, but whilst I take into account his successes (most of which I haven't watched), I'm not a fan.