The Incredible Hulk

Missy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Stan Lee, I think he's earned the right to be in all these movies. They ask him to be in them for a reason after all. Anyone that grew up reading comics in the 70s or 80s thinks Marvel when they see him. He's not going to be around much longer, so let him have his fun. I'll miss him when the first movie comes out that he isn't in after he passes.

The problem is that Stan Lee's appearance takes the viewer out of a film for the seconds that he's on there. Now, if it's done MINIMALLY, it's alright (say, him being saved from being run over in Daredevil) but drawing attention to it is just rubbish.

I have no problem with Stan being in any of these films. Its totally expected by everyone who knows who he is, if he wasn't doing a cameo it would seem wrong. Its one of those little things that connects all the major Marvel movies.

As for Stan Lee, I think he's earned the right to be in all these movies. They ask him to be in them for a reason after all. Anyone that grew up reading comics in the 70s or 80s thinks Marvel when they see him. He's not going to be around much longer, so let him have his fun. I'll miss him when the first movie comes out that he isn't in after he passes.

The problem is that Stan Lee's appearance takes the viewer out of a film for the seconds that he's on there. Now, if it's done MINIMALLY, it's alright (say, him being saved from being run over in Daredevil) but drawing attention to it is just rubbish.

I have no problem with Stan being in any of these films. Its totally expected by everyone who knows who he is, if he wasn't doing a cameo it would seem wrong. Its one of those little things that connects all the major Marvel movies.

Except X2, which continues to make it superior in my view. That film certainly didn't suffer from an old man mugging at the camera.

And before this comes across as an attack, I do genuinely like/not mind more cameos than I dislike and I appreciate what a huge figure Stan Lee is to Marvel. Even so, some of his appearances really take me out of a film - the worst offenders, off the top of my head, being Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Granted, those films had problems of their own, but these particular cameos really didn't do anything to better the film.

On topic-ish: I did like the cameo in the previous Hulk film with Lou Ferrigno.

Supposedly the scene containing

Captain America

has been edited out. Originally Banner was

going to trek to the Arctic Circle to kill himself

, and that's where he would have

seen Cap (frozen, obviously)

, but the scene has been cut because it was deemed too mature for a PG-13 film.

Hopefully it's still in there, 'cause it sounds cool, and the scene in question is in the trailers. My guess is that this is damage control; the director spoiled something huge in his previous interviews

(RE: Captain America)

, but now he's taking it back to throw people off.

I just got back.

It wasn't the best movie ever made, and it can't touch Iron Man, but I had a lot of fun. Norton did an amazing job. It's certainly got a lot more going on than the original, and I'm one of the few people I know who actually found a lot to like about the original.

Also:

If super-soldier Blonsky is anything to go by, Captain America is going to be SICK

Also also: Don't bother staying after the credits. Everything happens in the movie itself.

I just saw it, and it wasn't my cup of tea. It wasn't bad but it wasn't really all that great either. Edward Norton, and Liv Tyler were fine but i thought not quite right for the their respective roles. Tim Roth while a good actor just wasn't very good in this movie in my opinion. That dude Tim Nelson who played the doctor was annoying as hell and was totally not fucking funny at all. William Hurt was pretty spot on though. The script was fairly run of the mill too and aped much of it's plot/structure from Iron Man right down to the hero's worst enemy being himself, and the final battle having a villian which was a reflection of himself. I know it's not a popular opinion but i did like Ang Lee's Hulk (with the exception of many the scenes with the Hulk in it lol), and this new movie was pretty similar to it but without the brains. I also didn't really see why they needed to reboot this franchise considering that this movie basically just picks up where the last one left off.

Watched it, it was enjoyable enough. A lot of the jokes fell flat for me and while the hero's journey arc is very overt in Iron Man, I thought it was just way too subtle and it went over my head completely until my buddy explained it to me. As for the acting, Norton and Tyler had no chemistry, at all. They didn't click as actors together, and thus to me a lot of their scenes didn't click. Edward Norton did a decent job as Bruce, but it also seemed like he didn't have much to work with which makes me really intrigued to see the scenes they edited out of the film. The battle scenes are good fun and the CGI isn't quite as intruding as I thought it would be. I don't know the movie didn't click with me quite as much as it did with some others.

Just got back from watching it, and I'm pained to do this, but I agree quite a bit with Malpractice. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would though, but having read that article about Norton and the film, I have a feeling that those 50 minutes could have really helped this film out as the movie felt a tad shallow.

Also, fuck Zak Penn.

Expect a Hulk CR segment within the next fortnight for better insight than the above line.

I liked the movie but there were some strange choices in the filming.

1. Why would the US government send troops to another country that we are allied with, and in broad daylight run around city streets with guns shooting someone?

2. Why are those soldiers dressed in all black for a daytime mission? They wore camo the rest of the movie.

3. Hulk can get shot by large caliber weapons but hurts his head by bumping it on a rock?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm in the middle of watching The Incredible Hulk I got it from RedBox ugh and so far the best part in the film is when stan the man lee drinks the bad soda it has to be his longest marvel movie cameo to day very cool

...Incredible Hulk was better than Iron Man.

Its really not. The final battle is abysmal, I almost slept through everything after he got thrown out of the chopper. It terms of a realistic depiction of characters and their surroundings it made Sin City look like a documentary. The rest of it is just OK, a *** film that was clearly missing some material. Once the directors cut is out I'll be happy to compare the two, but I'm certainly getting Iron Man on DVD ahead of Hulk.

Didn't see the movie, and really don't plan to, at least until it's on TV.

If Edward Norton bad mouths the movie and he's in it....that's good enough for me!

Oh and I'm still feeling the pain of sitting through Ang Lee's hulk.

The worst part was I'm not even a fan of the character.

The film is a bit better than Ang Lee's Hulk. It combines the TV Series and the Comic Book together. Ed Norton is actually very good in the film, he bad mouths it because he wasn't given editing rights, like he wanted. He also co-wrote the film. Trust me its not as torturous as The Hulk. Tim Roth is also very good in the film

Guest DCAUFan1051

I just watched this today from RedBox and I gotta say it's much better then what I like to call: "Crouching Hulk Hidden Betty" lmao

because all Hulk was is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with superheroes lol

the 2003 film sucked balls

however The Incredible Hulk was great good storytelling Liv Tyler makes a better betty ross then whomever did her the first time

however TIH is NOT better then Iron Man that is a blastphemous thing to say. I liked when Tony came in at the end :D