Star Wars television show

For those of you that don't know there is going to be a television showed based on the Star Wars universe. Is it really a good idea? Will it take place between episode 3 and 4, or after 6? I've heard both. He's going to film it on a Sony digital camera that you can buy at the store. Can he screw with my childhood memories more than he already has?

http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/Lucas_O...Shows_94039.asp

• 1 month later...

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/694/694283p1.html

"The computer-animated Star Wars series is currently in pre-production, with scripts in development and animation tests underway. That show, which is to be set during the Clone Wars, should begin airing in the fall of 2007.

The second series, a live-action show, will be composed of one-hour episodes, with 100 hours of story initially charted. The story takes place after Revenge of the Sith but before A New Hope. No timeframe for production or airing has been officially mentioned yet."

• 1 year later...
Entertainment Weekly reports that George Lucas is coming to Los Angeles next week to meet with writers for Lucasfilm's upcoming live-action "Star Wars" series.

Lucas' plan is reportedly to recruit several freelancers - aka "writers of real significance" - to spend a week at the Skywalker Ranch in November to come up with story ideas for the series. Lucas has apparently indicated a desire to hire writers from other countries.

The writers would then disperse and write the 13 episodes that would be produced and financed by Lucas.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=38334

Lucas isn't writing it, so it might have a chance. Too bad it won't happen in November because of the strike.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Force may soon be coming to a television near you.

George Lucas said Tuesday he is planning a live-action television series spinoff of the "Star Wars" film franchise.

Lucas told The Los Angeles Times he has "just begun work" on the series, which will not include the films' major characters Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader.

"The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters," Lucas told the Times.

Lucas wouldn't reveal details, but joked that the series would be about "the life of robots."

Lucas already has another television series in the works. Lucas Animation has been working for months on the computer-animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

No Vader :no:

• 1 year later...
“A lot of my friends have been auditioning for it,” “Damages” star Rose Byrne told MTV during the “Knowing” junket.

“It” is George Lucas’ looming live-action “Star Wars” TV series, set between “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope.”

According to MTV’s story, the series will focus on the rise of the rebel alliance.

Byrne, you’ll recall, replaced Keira Knightly in the Amidala entourage in “Attack of the Clones.”

So which newly available actors and actresses should Lucas be looking at? Some the dead and soon to be dead girls from “Lost”? One suspects a good chunk of the casts of “Friday Night Lights,” “Life,” “Knight Rider,” and “The Sarah Connor Chronicles” could soon be available.

Adrianne Palicki as Han’s snotty older sister? Selma Blair as a Wookie slaver? James Spader as the harried mayor of Coruscant City?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40384

The new live-action series is a project that I've been following since its announcement in 2005.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_l...ction_TV_series

From everything I've gathered, the series should:

-Have a "darker, more mature" storyline, according to Lucas

-Have more emphasis on characters, much like Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and other serialized shows of that type.

-Deal with the early stages of the Galactic Civil war, specifically the Rebel and Imperial pilots.

-Have an EXTREMELY heavy emphasis on Boba Fett. Everyone from Lucas to Rick McCallum has near-literally stated that Boba will appear.

-The "underworld" will be featured, hence why Boba is involved

As far as I can tell, Boba is the only completely confirmed element (along with the "grittier storyline"). The rest are all very likely, however.

I personally wonder how they're going to have Boba Fett and the underworld deal with the Rebels. Maybe some black market deals are made?