The First Avenger: Captain America

Missy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest trailer shows way too much. It all looks great but they're blowin' a lot of the surprises already. Hold some back, Paramount. We know you're as excited as we are but save some for the big screen. I don't think I'll watch any more trailers for this.

I'm getting Hulk meets Hellboy vibes off this, which frankly is a good thing. Any doubts I had about Chris Evans are pretty much gone. For one thing he looks so different to Johnny or any of his other roles. That body-morph thing they've done is incredible.

One thing irritates me. Nazi guns with blue glowing parts. Really? That's not a practical aspect of weaponry in any era, couldn't they just have period appropriate weaponry?

That trailer was sick, and the best part is it's gotten almost unanimous love from everything I've read.

From what they show in this, and what we saw in the teaser I like how human and relatable they are making him. I've never really thought deeply about why Cap is so noble but I like the line "Because a weak man knows the value of strength." The reason he's so compassionate and determined to help the weak and powerless is because he was weak and powerless himself.

I can't wait for this movie, and hope it's really good. It would be nice to not have to explain to people why he's my favorite hero, or let alone who he is. This movie will hopefully make Cap a more household name, and he should be, he's a great character.

Yeah I always planned on seeing this, but all my friends don't understand why he's my favorite (I live in Canada) so there is a bit of American xenophobia. A good movie about him, especially if they give him a way to emotionally connect with the movie goers could do wonders. I mean before the Iron Man movie came out, almost no one cared about old shellhead. Yet now he's a huge property. I want Cap to be too.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...