Episode 17

Kscriv

Well after the Vampire episode last week, I knew we weren't going to reach those levels of greatness this week, but that said, it was still good. I enjoyed the Ultraviolet review, enjoyed the Silent Hill rant a bit, personally I got to work on Azereus more, that echo sounded worse than before (though when I tried it at home it sounded fine) not to mention I was kinda stumbling over my words there.

Anyhow good job by all, any other response?

Decent show. Mike, I never expected you to praise a movie that was nothing but eye candy. Bit of a surprise there.

Kellen, again, I like your segment. But my one gripe is that you started way too many sentences with "Anyway(s)" or "Anyhow". Firstly, saying "anyway" or "anyhow" (and I hate the word "anyhow") implies that you are returning to your main train of thought after you had to go off on a tangent for whatever reason. Saying "anyway"/"anyhow" repeatedly at the beginnings of your sentences makes you sound like you've gone off on tangent after tangent, which really wasn't the case. "Anyway" as an informal transitional word is fine, but not over and over again. More importantly, when you start sentence after sentence with the same word (no matter what it is), then your sentence variety is shot and the listener will pick up on it eventually (like I did). But I liked it all the same. I haven't seen the entire WHR series, but I've seen a lot of episodes. Did I really say it was a Hellsing rip-off??? I seriously don't remember that and if I did say that, then I changed my mind a while back.

Keep doing these. :yes:

EDIT: 1,000th post!!!

Yes James you said exactly that on an IM coversation awhile back.

I'll try to pick up on the anyways/anyhow stuff, I have trouble with stuff like that, I'm noticing that I keep using the same transitions all the time on my Gundam SEED reviews, and I keep getting razzed by some for using "essentially" and "basically" too much

Yes James you said exactly that on an IM coversation awhile back.

I'll try to pick up on the anyways/anyhow stuff, I have trouble with stuff like that, I'm noticing that I keep using the same transitions all the time on my Gundam SEED reviews, and I keep getting razzed by some for using "essentially" and "basically" too much

I always keep a thesaurus handy for such emergencies. You wouldn't believe what a lifesaver one of those can be. But then, you can also just change adverbs like "essentially" to "in essence". Little stuff like that varies your sentence structure in huge ways and gives more depth to your statements.

Hi, I'm new here, but i've been enjoying the show so I thought I would make a few comments about Ultra Violent. First of all about Ultraviolet, really good review there. I actually had no interest in seeing the movie whatsoever and now you have me sort of interested in it although I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

You said you don't want the little boy to get type cast in creepy movies. Well, before he did Birth he also did a movie called Godsend where he was killed in an accident but a doctor has found a way to clone him and make a new child that will grow up to be the first child all over again. Everything is fine until he gets to the age when the first child died then he pretty much goes nuts. After that and Birth me and my friends in fact dubbed him "the creepy kid". So he's already been doing mostly creepy stuff, but he's good at it. On a sidenote he's actually in the upcoming X-Men movie as Leech (or so IMDB says).

Also the role of Garth is played by William Fitchner. Until recently he only got very minor roles. He was a pilot in Armageddon, a coach in The Longest Yard remake and was even in Equilibrium (his name was Jurgen but I don't remember who that was, haven't seen the movie in a while) and he's also been in movies such as Crash, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Black Hawk Down, Pearl Harbor, The Perfect Storm and he's done voice acting in both Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Probably the biggest role he has gotten is currently on the tv show "Invasion" as the town sheriff. He's always been really good in what I've seen him in so I hope he starts to get bigger roles.

Hi, I'm new here, but i've been enjoying the show so I thought I would make a few comments about Ultra Violent. First of all about Ultraviolet, really good review there. I actually had no interest in seeing the movie whatsoever and now you have me sort of interested in it although I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

That's the safest bet. As I said during the review: I like it, but it is only eye candy. And therefore not for everyone. If you're on the fence, rent it in four months.

You said you don't want the little boy to get type cast in creepy movies. Well, before he did Birth he also did a movie called Godsend where he was killed in an accident but a doctor has found a way to clone him and make a new child that will grow up to be the first child all over again. Everything is fine until he gets to the age when the first child died then he pretty much goes nuts. After that and Birth me and my friends in fact dubbed him "the creepy kid". So he's already been doing mostly creepy stuff, but he's good at it. On a sidenote he's actually in the upcoming X-Men movie as Leech (or so IMDB says).

Now I'll have to rent that one. Wasn't all that interested in seeing Godsend upon release, but I love this kid. So I'll watch it for him.

Thanks for the info!

And, yup. He's Leech. If you watch the X3 trailer (there's a link in the X3 thread) you'll see him halfway through and at the end.

Also the role of Garth is played by William Fitchner. Until recently he only got very minor roles. He was a pilot in Armageddon, a coach in The Longest Yard remake and was even in Equilibrium (his name was Jurgen but I don't remember who that was, haven't seen the movie in a while) and he's also been in movies such as Crash, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Black Hawk Down, Pearl Harbor, The Perfect Storm and he's done voice acting in both Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Probably the biggest role he has gotten is currently on the tv show "Invasion" as the town sheriff. He's always been really good in what I've seen him in so I hope he starts to get bigger roles.

I'll have to watch Equilibrium again to be sure, but wasn't Jürgen (Fichtner) the leader of the rebellion?