Episode 20

J Marv

Kellen, you are a very angry young man. I mean, damn son. That was just...wow.

I also realized why I have a hard time getting into your segment, I can't follow what's going on at all (in the anime itself), your descriptions can get cumbersome (it's also 2:30 am here, so that maybe part of it). It's a lot of fun to hear you rant, though. Especially since James said you sounded like you were shouting across the room at your mic in your first segment, it just puts a hilarious image in my head.

Ghostbusters, yeah. I don't really have a lot to say. I watched it over Christmas (it was on one of the Starz! channels), and I kind of agree that the content was a bit mature for a PG rating, but, what are you going to do. They can't realistically go back and watch every PG and R-rated film from before the PG-13 rating and see which ones should be PG-13.

As far as the Super Mario Brothers thing goes, firingsquad.com says it wasn't an April Fool's Day joke, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. It's still hilarious either way.

EDIT: Used "follow" too much.

I also realized why I have a hard time getting into your segment, I can't follow what's going on at all (in the anime itself), your descriptions can get hard to follow

Kellen: Remember what I said about needing a primer for your Gundam SEED recaps...? This is the same thing. You record your segments for people who already have a working knowledge of anime, which alienates the people you should be trying to reach.

Ghostbusters, yeah. I don't really have a lot to say. I watched it over Christmas (it was on one of the Starz! channels), and I kind of agree that the content was a bit mature for a PG rating, but, what are you going to do. They can't realistically go back and watch every PG and R-rated film from before the PG-13 rating and see which ones should be PG-13.

Oh, I agree, and I hope I didn't come off as a prude. It's just that, after all these years of having PG-13 around, it's shocking to hear "shit" and "dick" and see all of the sexual innuendo in a PG film. Even if it was produced before the creation of the rating.

As far as the Super Mario Brothers thing goes, firingsquad.com says it wasn't an April Fool's Day joke, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. It's still hilarious either way.

What was the joke: the article, or the creation and placement of the boxes?

What was the joke: the article, or the creation and placement of the boxes?

After a little more research, another more journalistic source has revealed it not to be an April Fool's joke.

Here you go.

Still, it's hilarious to me that people overreacted to the point that it turned into a bomb squad thing.

Here's the original site.

“The potential is always present when dealing with a suspicious package that it could be deadly,” McCoy said. “In today’s day and age, you just cannot do this kind of stuff.”

SOMEONE CALL THE COPS! There's a "suspicious package" under a pine tree!

Oh, I agree, and I hope I didn't come off as a prude. It's just that, after all these years of having PG-13 around, it's shocking to hear "shit" and "dick" and see all of the sexual innuendo in a PG film. Even if it was produced before the creation of the rating.

I don't think that you come off as a prude. I actually thought the same thing when I first saw Airplane!, haha.

I also realized why I have a hard time getting into your segment, I can't follow what's going on at all (in the anime itself), your descriptions can get hard to follow

Kellen: Remember what I said about needing a primer for your Gundam SEED recaps...? This is the same thing. You record your segments for people who already have a working knowledge of anime, which alienates the people you should be trying to reach.

Alright, I'll take that into consideration for future installments.

Also, a far as the primer goes....I never recieved anything in regards to it. Must've been another lost email. I'll throw one together though. I originally planned on doing one, but them for whatever reason thought against it, now I'm 22 episodes in, so the thoughthadn't occured anymore, regardless, primer coming. Hold off the first one (some more :ph34r: ) till I get it done