All-Muppets episode

Missy

The next "all-" episode will be Muppets themed, and will air on May 16 -- the 16 anniversary of Jim Henson's passing.

If you'd like to contribute a review of any Muppet film or show, have a fond memory of Sesame Street you'd like to share, etc., feel free to send mp3s and e-mails to:

theshow [at] earth-2 [dot] net.

All fan segments must be received by 14 May.

• 2 weeks later...

I really have nothing that I can contribute, game wise, but it should be a cool show.

Oh, and anyone that mentions the old ABC show Dinosaurs gets instant cool points with me.

• 3 weeks later...
5:05 AM? Over two hours!

How late were you up recording the episode? When are you posting it? I'll be anxiously awaiting it.

We actually finished recording the show just shy of midnight, but it generally takes me the length of the show plus an extra hour to edit each one -- and I started editing it around 1:00a. In this case, pre-edits, the show was almost two and a half hours. So figure three and a half to edit Episode 25.

And it's now posted.

Okay after starting the podcast once we were turned loose in our last class, it tookl me, the rest of the class, the 75km bus ride home plus 20 minutes lying on my bed listening to it before it was done. That said. That was sweet, I know for a fact I couldn't handle them all the time but the 2+ hour episodes are always the best ones you guys put out. period. I've seen very little in regards to Muppets (watched Sesame Street, American & Canadian versions, and I got 1 ep of Fraggle Rock tucked away on some old tape....that I may have thrown out 5 years ago.) but I loved it, the SS stories were great, I like to be a positive person, so the gushing over the movies was fun, sorry I couldn't throw in that part about the Canadian thing, but it'd been so long since I'd seen it I'd probably screw it up (granted Louie helped me learn basic French, yay)

Good job, only thing I didn't like.......sorry to pick on the new guy, but Joe, the sound quality wasn't that great, especially the spliced in clips, but hey keep it up, everyone gets better as they go along, hell look at the first few eps of this show, then compare it.

Good job, only thing I didn't like.......sorry to pick on the new guy, but Joe, the sound quality wasn't that great, especially the spliced in clips, but hey keep it up, everyone gets better as they go along, hell look at the first few eps of this show, then compare it.

I haven't listened to the show yet, but are you talking about me? Nobody seems to get my name right. I sent in a clip about Labryinth with some music put in. The music was too loud and I didn't know how to fix it.

I haven't listened to the show yet, but are you talking about me? Nobody seems to get my name right. I sent in a clip about Labryinth with some music put in. The music was too loud and I didn't know how to fix it.

Nope, he means Joe's Muppet Vision 3D segment; the audio is a little wonky at times.

Nope, he means Joe's Muppet Vision 3D segment; the audio is a little wonky at times.

ahh, ok thanks.

Great episode. Believe it or not, I have never watched Sesame Street before, I was a very deprived child, but not that deprived because I did watch the Muppets and love them. I actually find Kermit kind of obnoxious though and can't stand Piggy. I prefer the minor characters like the Swedish Chef and Beaker. I own the Muppets Take Manhattan and like the Great Muppett Caper it holds up pretty well except for the acting. Not because of the reasons you mentioned in Caper, but just because the acting stinks, it's kind of sad that the muppets are better actors than the people. I have to say I like the episodes dedicated to a certain topic the best, if it's a topic I like that is. Keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I actually own the Punky Brewster DVDs.

I guess that's what I get for rushing. I forgot all about the submission deadline :angel:

Joe

Grrrr....I had a whole reply typed and everything and then something refreshed and I lost it. :grumble:

Of the points I remember:

- Both segments were vey enjoyable

- Co-lamb-bo = Columbo

- The truck driver's actually British, so I'd be suprised if he had a very crappy accent. Sir Peter Ustinov, no less; at a guess, he was having trouble doing a working class accent!

- Elmo had a movie, set in Grouchland in fact!

- Jenny HATES GROVER?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Looking forward to the next episodes. I don't think I heard my seg mentioned tho' - did it reach you?

- The truck driver's actually British, so I'd be suprised if he had a very crappy accent. Sir Peter Ustinov, no less; at a guess, he was having trouble doing a working class accent!

Bit of a misunderstanding there: I had attempted a very poor British accent. That's what I was referring to.

- Jenny HATES GROVER?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Only when Grover is attempting to sell things to Kermit; she loves Kermit, and hates to see anyone mistreat him.

Looking forward to the next episodes. I don't think I heard my seg mentioned tho' - did it reach you?

It will air during Episode 28.