Biggest video game badass tournament

Missy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably in the minority in some of these but oh well i'll throw them out there...

Billy & Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon)

Abobo (Double Dragon)

Bald Bull (Mike Tyson's Punch Out)

Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy VII)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)

Star Man (Pro Wrestling)

Shadow (Final Fantasy 6)

Love the old school suggestions, Lee! :yes:

Tyson almost made my original list. Dude was a badass for sure!

As for Sonic... I don't know. He's cool and has attitude, but I just don't see him as a badass. Can you make a case for him?

Love the old school suggestions, Lee! :yes:

Tyson almost made my original list. Dude was a badass for sure!

As for Sonic... I don't know. He's cool and has attitude, but I just don't see him as a badass. Can you make a case for him?

Yeah you're right, I guess Sonic is just cool, not badass. After all in the underwater boards he had to get to those bubbles to breathe and even Mario and Luigi could hold their breath underwater! So he can't be all that badass.

I thought about Tyson too, but I thought i'd stay away from real people because then I would have to name people like Bo Jackson and Chris Benoit and an endless list of athletes from sports games which would probably just bore everybody.

I thought about Tyson too, but I thought i'd stay away from real people because then I would have to name people like Bo Jackson and Chris Benoit and an endless list of athletes from sports games which would probably just bore everybody.

Excellent point!

I can't tell who all has been mentioned, but here's a list of people I think haven't been...

Wesker or Leon Kennedy(Resident Evil series)

Kain(FFIV)

Ramirez(Skies of Arcadia)

Soma Cruz(Castlevania series)

I'm sure I'll come up with a couple others if need be, but most of the good ones have already been mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was quicker than expected! (Basically, I had to get brutal with some cuts. But whatever. We're down to 32, and that's what counts.)

Over the next few days I will construct the brackets, and, if all goes as planned, the tournament will begin on Monday, May 22.

After further consideration, two polls will begin Wednesday... as in tomorrow! And then two on Friday, and Monday, and Wednesday... and you get the pattern, until the 32 participants have been narrowed down to 16.

Each poll will remain open for seven days. In the event of a tie, polls will remain open for additional 12-hour blocks. (Meaning, if after 12 hours there's still a tie, another 12 hours will be tacked on.)

Remember, these are not fights. Characters with godlike powers would trounce their human competition way too easily. What you are voting on is who the bigger badass is, taking into consideration their previous battles, deeds (both good and evil), attitude, image (yeah, it might sound silly, but hey, a badass must look the part), etc.

Oh, and for the record, the brackets were determined by random draw.

The two polls which will kick this off are:

- Ganon / Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda) v Kain (Legacy of Kain)

- Soma Cruz (Castlevania) v Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)

round-one_01.jpg

- Soma Cruz (Castlevania) v Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)

Talk about a slaughter of epic proportions.

Like I said, random draw.

So far looks like I was wrong in thinking Demitri would take it.

After further consideration, two polls will begin Wednesday... as in tomorrow! And then two on Friday, and Monday, and Wednesday... and you get the pattern, until the 32 participants have been narrowed down to 16.

Forget the quoted statement; excluding weekends, first-round polls will open daily. So unless there's a tie, we should be narrowed down to 16 by Thursday, June 01.

Today's two polls are:

- Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) v Master Chief (Halo)

- Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur) v Alucard (Castlevania)

round-one_02.jpg

Kain stomped Ganon and Demitri Maximoff squeaked past Soma Cruz, so those two will square off in the next round.

Today we have:

- Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) v Samus Aran (Metroid)

- Kane (Command and Conquer) v Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

round-one_06.jpg