Biggest video game badass tournament

Missy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auron and Scorpion surpass Kefka and Kratos, which leads us into the Elite Eight!

From this point forward, only one poll will open per day:

Elite Eight

- Demitri Maximoff v Solid Snake -- Thursday, June 15

- Sweet Tooth v Sephiroth -- Friday, June 16

- Dante v Samus Aran -- Monday, June 19

- Auron v Scorpion -- Tuesday, June 20

Final Four

- [winner of DM v SS] v [winner of ST v S] -- Tuesday, June 27

- [winner of D v SA] v [winner of A v S] -- Wednesday, June 28

Finals

- Wednesday, July 5

I'm really getting annoyed at votes without explanation. Sure I'm a little mad that Demitri is losing to Snake, but for him to have 4 votes in his favour without a single post explaining why just irks me the wrong way.

I'm really getting annoyed at votes without explanation. Sure I'm a little mad that Demitri is losing to Snake, but for him to have 4 votes in his favour without a single post explaining why just irks me the wrong way.

Agreed. As odd as this may sound, I don't know a lot about some of these characters (i.e. Demitri, Sephiroth) and it would help to hear some arguments. Sure, I can read the Wiki pages, but those are often cold, hard facts. Arguments presented by you guys, however, can have real emotion behind them -- emotion that can turn someone who's on the fence or lacking the appropriate knowledge your way.

Solid Snake is the first of our Final Four competitors.

Quick question for everyone: would you like to see the two Final Four losers in a poll to determine third place?

Sure, it only makes sense to do that.

The first poll of the Final Four is set: Solid Snake v Sweet Tooth. And at this point it's a given that Samus will move on as well. However, the Auron / Scorpion poll is still very close and can go either way.

• 2 weeks later...

The tournament may be over, but this thread will remain open for a week (or so). Use it to discuss what we did right, what we did wrong and how we can improve upon both next time around.

Thanks to everyone for voting, by the way!

The tournament may be over, but this thread will remain open for a week (or so). Use it to discuss what we did right, what we did wrong and how we can improve upon both next time around.

Thanks to everyone for voting, by the way!

I really have no complaints (except for Shin Akuma being held down :ph34r: ). Everything was structured perfectly and given ample to time with which to be decided. I'll probably use a similar structure for when I do the anime characters tourney.