Justice League Unlimited

James D.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really related to JLU per se, but it was the final three episodes of JL--Starcrossed. I've been watching them lately and I have to say how much they ruled. Batman pretty much owns the second and third episodes with his dialogue. When he and the rest of the JL are in the Batcave fighting hawk soldiers, he throws the batarangs at the Hawk soldiers and they just flash when stuck to their chestguards:

Soldier: Your weapons are pitiful.

Batman: Wait for it...

(Hundreds of bats' eyes open up in the background and fly at the Hawkmen and rip them to shreds.)

There are plenty of other great moments like when they all reveal their secret identities to each other. Anyone else seen this 3-parter? It's the turning point between the JL and JLU, so I'd say it's pretty much required viewing. The whole thing really shows the human sides of all of the members of the League.

This isn't really related to JLU per se, but it was the final three episodes of JL--Starcrossed. I've been watching them lately and I have to say how much they ruled. Batman pretty much owns the second and third episodes with his dialogue. When he and the rest of the JL are in the Batcave fighting hawk soldiers, he throws the batarangs at the Hawk soldiers and they just flash when stuck to their chestguards:

(Hundreds of bats' eyes open up in the background and fly at the Hawkmen and rip them to shreds.)

There are plenty of other great moments like when they all reveal their secret identities to each other. Anyone else seen this 3-parter? It's the turning point between the JL and JLU, so I'd say it's pretty much required viewing. The whole thing really shows the human sides of all of the members of the League.

That story seriously rules - being at uni (and in the UK - I dunno if they've been shown over here yet) I haven't caught any of series 3, but it sounds like this story basically sets it up once the Hawkgirl business is ended. Nice mix of story and humour (The Flash destroying part of Wayne Manor was hilarious). It's these cartoon series' that make me a quasi-comic fan.

This isn't really related to JLU per se, but it was the final three episodes of JL--Starcrossed.  I've been watching them lately and I have to say how much they ruled.  Batman pretty much owns the second and third episodes with his dialogue.  When he and the rest of the JL are in the Batcave fighting hawk soldiers, he throws the batarangs at the Hawk soldiers and they just flash when stuck to their chestguards:

There are plenty of other great moments like when they all reveal their secret identities to each other.  Anyone else seen this 3-parter?  It's the turning point between the JL and JLU, so I'd say it's pretty much required viewing.  The whole thing really shows the human sides of all of the members of the League.

That story seriously rules - being at uni (and in the UK - I dunno if they've been shown over here yet) I haven't caught any of series 3, but it sounds like this story basically sets it up once the Hawkgirl business is ended. Nice mix of story and humour (The Flash destroying part of Wayne Manor was hilarious). It's these cartoon series' that make me a quasi-comic fan.

Yeah I saw it last spring, it did rule in all concievable ways

That's my favorite part, maybe my favorite part in either series.

Flash: Whoa? Reveal our identities? I mean, I trust you guys and all, but..

Batman (pointing around): Wally West. Clark Kent...Bruce Wayne.

There are plenty of other great moments like when they all reveal their secret identities to each other.  Anyone else seen this 3-parter?  It's the turning point between the JL and JLU, so I'd say it's pretty much required viewing.  The whole thing really shows the human sides of all of the members of the League.

That's my favorite part, maybe my favorite part in either series.

Flash: Whoa? Reveal our identities? I mean, I trust you guys and all, but..

Batman (pointing around): Wally West. Clark Kent...Bruce Wayne.

HOLY SHIT! That sounds awesome!

I saw a part of an episode for the first time in forever, loved it (it had Batman Beyond, YAY) best line of the series.

Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman, or have you two met?

CAN IT

"Great. What was it they used to call it--stereo?"

That was from the "The Once and Future Thing" 2-parter from not too long ago. It was a great couple of episodes. Especially the second part. Static is ALWAYS better when they put him in Justice League episodes.

EDIT: And my sig quote is from the second episode, too.

Edited by James D.

Static from Static Shock...?!

James, you got to get me that CD, bro!

1.) I need your address. I misplaced it. :doh:

2.) I'm on vacation until Monday, so it'll be a couple of days.

3.) Do you want just JLU episodes or do you want JL and JLU episodes? And do you want everything I have? I ask, because I have at least 35-40 episodes DL'ed to my computer. So it'll be several discs. I don't mind either way, but I figure I should know your preference.

Well, I'm downloading Seasons One and Two as we speak, but I'll take every episode you have just in case the ones I'm downloading looks like crap and/or I missed one or two.

On that same note, did you happen to download the two-part episode A League of Their Own? It doesn't look like it's in the bunch I nabbed from bit torrent, and I wanted to make sure I had all of them.

Okay, so who needs me to send them the episodes I have? I'm going to have to ask for a small shipping fee. Don't worry--it won't be more than 4-5 bucks, if that. Plus, it's going to take a while to download all of these eps to several CD's for more than one person. Consider it a shipping/labor fee. :*

Hey can i get in on this?  I might have to pay a big ass shipping fee, but it'd be worth it.

Yep. PM me your address. I'll give you more info.

EDIT: OH! I forgot, I'm DL'ing some more episodes, so it'll be a couple of days before I send them. I wanted to get good quality episodes (or just eps I simply didn't have yet), so you can have as many as possible.

Edited by James D.

I have every episode from Seasons One and Two, so all I need are the JLU (Season Three) episodes, and if possible, the two-part special. Let me know the cost and I'll pay it.

If all you need is JLU, then the shipping won't be but like a dollar or two. You live in Chi-town, right?

I have every episode from Seasons One and Two, so all I need are the JLU (Season Three) episodes, and if possible, the two-part special.  Let me know the cost and I'll pay it.

If all you need is JLU, then the shipping won't be but like a dollar or two. You live in Chi-town, right?

Yeah, I'm just outside of Chicago.

Okay. Here is what I'll do. This will be my own little mini Bulk Buy-like thing. I'm figuring the costs based on how many CD's I'll need to use and how much time this will take me to do for each person. Give me a day or two to DL the rest of the episodes I need to complete each season and I'll post in here with the costs for each package. I apologize to those who I gave smaller cost estimates to earlier, but I had to apply that pesky little thing called reality to my situation. It's going to take me several days to DL the remaining episodes I need and to burn them all to dozens of discs for everyone. Plus, there are some eps I have that are shitty quality and I'm trying to find better rips of them. So I hope you all understand why it's going to cost a little more than I thought.