Justice League Unlimited

James D.

Okay, I'm pissed off my bro forgot to tape JLU for me, and since I got a dial-up connection, could someone convert the file to mp4 when they get it (It'll condense it to about 40 MB, and I can watch it on the PSP) and call me on AIM to send it over to me.

You can convert the file to mp4 using 3GP Converter, which can be downloaded here

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what I just watched. Come on... guess!

One word: AWE-FUCKING-SOME! Oh my God, how it ties the entire Batman mythos together. :OMG:

Kellen: I'd compresses it and shoot it your way, but the one I downloaded has bad video quality and the audio is horribly out of sync. Wait a day or two before a good one starts to float around the torrents, then download it.

Guess what I just watched.  Come on... guess!

One word: AWE-FUCKING-SOME!  Oh my God, how it ties the entire Batman mythos together.  :OMG:

Kellen: I'd compresses it and shoot it your way, but the one I downloaded has bad video quality and the audio is horribly out of sync.  Wait a day or two before a good one starts to float around the torrents, then download it.

As much as I'd like to download the avi or whatever file will be floating around the torrents, I would really appreciate it if they condensed it down for me since I DO have dialup and a 40MB file can be done in 3 hours for me while whatever the source file will be would take too god damned long for me. Quite frankly Yoda I don't mind what you're describing

EDIT: At least you Amerks can still watch the ep on TV in a month when it comes out

SPOILERS AHEAD!

I'm warning you, there are SPOILERS after this.

With all that happened in this episode and the way "Divided We Fall" ended, I wouldn't be surprised if the fifth season of the show jumped ahead and followed the adventures of the Batman Beyond-era Justice League. I'd love that.

I don't think they should do that. They have too many loose ends to tie up and to just jump into the future 40 years wouldn't be all that prudent. Like, where is Wonder Woman in the future? Isn't she virtually immortal? And what happened to her interest in Batman? Did Bruce go off the deep end and WW just stopped talking to him along with the rest of the JLU? And how do Shayira and Lantern make up? Plus, I really like how they've written Green Arrow, Shayira and Supergirl so far in the last two seasons. Not to mention Zatanna has LOADS of untapped potential. They should also bring in Static again. They wrote him brilliantly in the special episodes he was a part of. I hope they continue with how it is. There are so many things they could do, it would be a shame to just scrap them all. The JLU of the future only has what--5 members? Don't get me wrong. I loved Batman Beyond as much as the next guy, but I like the JLU of the present more.

Oh, shit. I meant to ask you guys who have seen 'Epilogue' this question. Did anyone else's jaw drop when old Amanda Waller talked about how "Bruce left his DNA all over town" and then she stopped herself and said, "NOT EVEN REMOTELY what I meant..."

I can't believe they got away with that one. But I'm impressed nonetheless.

Oh, no doubt. It's easily the most mature show on Cartoon Network that isn't on Adult Swim.

I'm sure there was some kind of underlying joke in "The Balance" when Shayira is talking to Wonder Woman about how she never sweats and she gets cut off by Hades' screams, but I couldn't for the life of me get it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, it's the whole sequence. The Man-Bat / Batman shadow crossing the buildings, the "bat" zipping past the dirigible / airship and the officer saying, "Did you see that?"

EDIT: I just watched that scene from "On Leather Wings" and I the cop actually say, "You see that," in reference to the blip on the radar. Close enough.

Edited by Master Yoda

God you hope they keep what going?

I mean I could be wrong since I haven't been paying attention to the business aspect of JL but I have to admit I'd be mildly disappointed if this wasn't a bookend to the series.

p.s. how awesome is the Phantasm cameo. btw, after much deliberation due to the greatness of Begins, still my favorite Batman movie.

"Divided We Fall" really felt like a series finale. With Luthor's empire crushed, Brainiac destroyed and Cadmus no longer a threat, where does the Justice League go from here? Sure, the series can continue with the team fighting aliens and monsters, but it wouldn't feel right -- not after the season-long story / momentum they built heading into "DWF".

Maybe I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but "Epilogue" felt like a "goodbye" from the producers. With the way it tied the entire Batman mythos together, I got the feeling that Bruce Timm and his crew were wrapping things up so no one else could come in and tell BTAS / B:GK / BB stories after they took their leave.

• 1 month later...

The new season begins... THIS SATURDAY! :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

From TV.com:

Episode #79

Originally aired: Saturday, September 17, 2005 on Cartoon Network

Writer: Dwayne McDuffie

Director: Dan Riba

Lex Luthor is rescued from prison by a new villainous organization - the Legion of Doom! 

• 2 weeks later...

This one also aired last Saturday:

80. Shadow of the Hawk

Originally aired: Saturday, September 17, 2005 on Cartoon Network

Writer: J.M. DeMatteis

Director: Dan Riba

Story: Dwayne McDuffie

Batman doesn't like the looks of Carter Hall, Shayara's new boyfriend, when he learns that Carter Hall has connections to Thanagar.

These two will air this week:

81. Chaos at the Earth's Core

Originally aired: Saturday, September 24, 2005 on Cartoon Network

Writer:

Director:

Green Lantern leads Stargirl, S.T.R.I.P.E., and Supergirl to Skartaris, a fanastic world where they meet a new hero, The Warlord.

84. To Another Shore

Originally aired: Saturday, September 24, 2005 on Cartoon Network

Writer:

Director:

Guest star:

Wonder Woman learns of a plot to steal the powers of the 3,000 year-old corpse of The Viking Prince.

I don't know why they jump from 81 to 84.

Both episodes were really good. I was cracking up at Shayira's banter with Flash.

Flash: "Me? Talk to her? No way."

Shayira: "Yeah, you'd probably be wasting your time anyway. I hear she's...you know..."

(Flash looks up at Shayira wide-eyed)

Shayira: "...Brazilian."

Flash: "Haha, very funny."

I swear, this kind of stuff is a major part of why I love this show so much. Oh, and Batman and Shayira in the second episode:

Shayira: "How stupid do you think I am?"

Batman: "On a scale of 1 to 10?"