Justice League Unlimited

James D.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another couple of great episodes, although this is probably the last week of two episodes, with Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo(God I hope I put the right number of bo's there) coming next week.

One of my favorite lines was, "I should let you know, I really like shooting titan missiles at tiny subs, it' your choice." And Green Arrow humming theme music as he slide down the line toward the sub was priceless.

I thought she was just called Star, but TV.com says her name is Stargirl.

Regardless, the girl that hangs around with S.T.R.I.P.E. took every opportunity to piss all over Supergirl in "Chaos at the Earth's Core". What's up with that?

That was probably one of my least favorite episodes of all time. GL and three charecters that no one really gives a damn about fighting in Eternia against Metallo and Silver Banshee, two more equally shitty villains.

Oh well, the second episode rocked and during the end credits it looked as though we are getting Flash vs. The Rogues soon, so I will not complain, at all.

That was probably one of my least favorite episodes of all time. GL and three charecters that no one really gives a damn about fighting in Eternia against Metallo and Silver Banshee, two more equally shitty villains.

Yeah, I did not like that episode. Stargirl was a complete ass, S.T.R.I.P.E. contributed nothing, Supergirl crawled around and did just as much as S.T.R.I.P.E., and Green Lantern actually contemplated giving the kryptonite back to Metallo. Lame.

Supergirl wasn't all that bitchy, but I was extremely turned off by Stargirl.  I mean, Luthor could up and shoot her point-blank in the face and I wouldn't care.

Yes, you would. I'm willing to bet you'd mark out, in fact.

While I'd love to see Luthor murder someone on JLU (especially Stargirl), I meant I wouldn't care if she died. Her character is so damn annoying.

Supergirl wasn't all that bitchy, but I was extremely turned off by Stargirl.  I mean, Luthor could up and shoot her point-blank in the face and I wouldn't care.

Yes, you would. I'm willing to bet you'd mark out, in fact.

While I'd love to see Luthor murder someone on JLU (especially Stargirl), I meant I wouldn't care if she died. Her character is so damn annoying.

I know. Tongue-in-cheek and all.

tvguide.com has no episodes on tonight either. God damn fucking Cartoon Network and stupid Anime!! I hate that crap.

"Oh look, a bunch of big eyed, pointy haired magicians who talk for 21 minutes and fight for 1. What a great show!!" [/sarcasm]

Honestly, I can't stand the stuff, Cowboy Beebop excluded, but it gets ratings so whatever. I just hate being teased with 4 episodes and then nothing. How hard is it to make room on the schedule for one episode a week. Is Zatch Bell that good? What about the abysmal Transformers Cybertron. Ugh.

How hard is it to make room on the schedule for one episode a week. Is Zatch Bell that good? What about the abysmal Transformers Cybertron.

There IS room, which really pisses me off. They have the same Naruto episode on twice within the span of an hour. It would be so easy to just kick one and stick in new episodes of JLU.

How hard is it to make room on the schedule for one episode a week. Is Zatch Bell that good? What about the abysmal Transformers Cybertron.

There IS room, which really pisses me off. They have the same Naruto episode on twice within the span of an hour. It would be so easy to just kick one and stick in new episodes of JLU.

What's this, logic? Begone foul demon!

• 3 months later...

No. I'm assuming when the forums went down this morning (they were down all day in fact), they had to back-up the site with data that preceded your post.

Since my post was also deleted, I'll, well, post those links once more. These are episodes five, six and seven of the fifth season, and they've yet to air in the US. Enjoy. (Oh, all descriptions are from TV.com.)

Flash and Substance: The Flash must handle an onslaught of super-villains during the opening of a museum in his honor.

Dead Reckoning: The League comes to the aid of Boston Brand, the ghost of a deceased circus acrobat, who needs their help in recovering the souls of members of a monastic order.

Patriot Act: Green Arrow must lead a team of non-powered superheroes against a berserk super-soldier attacking Metropolis.

Here's episode eight.

The Great Brain Robbery: A mystic artifact causes Lex Luthor and the Flash to switch bodies.

-- This isn't quite true. It's actually Dr. Fate's fault.

Dr. Polaris: "You gonna wash your hands?"

Flash (as Lex): "Nooo. 'Cause I'm evil!"

Bizarro: "Me got answer."

Flash (as Lex): "Excellent! Do enlighten us."

Bizarro: "Ever since you plug into monkey's head, you act perfectly sane and rational. Am you Bizarro's mommy?"

Flash (as Lex): "You better not be wasting Luthor's time, Grodd. What is it?"

Gorilla Grodd: "I just had to see it for myself... Flash."

Flash (as Lex): "Me? The Flash? You've, like, totally lost it, Grodd. I'm Lex Luthor."

Gorilla Grodd: "And I'm Charlton Heston."

From AICN:

JUSTICE LEAGUE Cancelled??

New Episodes Return To Cartoon Network In 2 Weeks??

Good news and bad news for fans of “Justice League Unlimited.”

The good news is the Cartoon Network apparently begins new episodes on Feb. 11 at 8:30 p.m.

The bad news is veteran cartoon scribe Paul Dini apparently posted this on a website:

I did an on camera interview with [JLU writer-producer] Bruce [Timm], David (Jimmy Olsen) Kaufman, Glen Murakami and Alan Burnett last night for the next (and last) SUPERMAN DVD set. Afterwards we went to dinner where Glen confirmed the end of TITANS, and Bruce said pretty much the same about JLU. There has been some talk about the JLU episodes airing earlier in the states, but that was still being debated at Cartoon Network. I forgot to ask Bruce how my Supergirl episode came out. Maybe I can get a preview if I'm at WB any time soon.

I had heard people were getting more territorial with certain DC characters (no more Joker in JLU, for instance) but I didn't know the details. I knew two years ago when I left, that as heroes (and their villains) got snapped up in live movie options, it tended limited their appearances elsewhere.

These Time Warner turf wars over DC characters have to be the stupidest things ever. “JLU,” starring Superman and Batman, has co-existed for years alongside “Smallville” and “The Batman” (to say nothing of “Batman Begins” or “Superman Returns” or the many, many Superman and Batman comic books in production or all the old Superman and Batman projects floating around on DVDs and in repeats).

The final nine episodes that CN begins transmitting in two weeks:

5.5 Episode #31 - Flash and Substance

Batman and Orion see a different side of the Flash when a rogues' gallery of villains attacks the museum that is opening in his honor.

5.6 Episode #32 - Dead Reckoning

The ghost of a circus performer convinces Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to help him retrieve the stolen souls of a mystic order of Monks.

5.7 Episode #33 - Patriot Act

When an out of control super soldier threatens Metropolis, Green Arrow leads seven non-powered Justice Leaguers, including Crimson Avenger and Shining Knight, in a battle they can't hope to win.

5.8 Episode #34 - The Great Brain Robbery

A mystical accident leads to Lex Luthor and the Flash's minds being swapped into each other's bodies.

5.9 Episode #35 - Grudge Match

Roulette starts Metabrawl ("Cat and Canary") again, this time with an all-female fight card made up of Justice Leaguers.

5.10 Episode #36 - Far From Home

Supergirl, Green Lantern and Green Arrow travel into the future where they meet the Legion of Super Heroes and their enemies The Fatal Five.

5.11 Episode #37 - Ancient History

The Shadow Thief returns and so does Hawkman as more mysteries from "Shadow of the Hawk" are explored.

5.12 Episode #38 - Alive (Part 1)

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

5.13 Episode #39 - Destroyer (Part 2)

Series Finale

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

While I’ll miss JLU, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited by a “Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes” series. Because? Herc Equals Colossal nerd.