Justice League Unlimited

James D.

Grudge Match: Roulette returns with a new version of Metabrawl...and plans to use the Justice League to boost her ratings.

Huntress (on a phone): So, what are you wearing?

Question (on a phone): A blue overcoat, fedora.

Huntress (on a phone): You really stink at this.

Question (on a phone): Orange socks.

Oh, and Night-motherfucking-wing! (Don't blink!)

Far From Home: Supergirl gets abducted to the 31st century where it is destined she will experience her last mission.

Great homage to the cover of Crisis on Infinite Earths #7!

Oh, the links for episodes five through eight are now dead. Sorry if you didn't get to download them, but I needed to make some room for these two and other things.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancient History: The Shadow Thief abducts Green Lantern, Shayera and Hawkman to retell an age-old love story.

At first I didn't like this one, mostly because I don't like Shayera or Hawkman, but it wound up being a truly touching episode.

Alive!: Luthor and the Secret Society travel into deep space in search of Brainiac, and awaken an even bigger threat.

Lex: "We have a little problem."

Only one left! :cry:

I can't believe Cartoon Network keeps getting rid of all their good shows, but I guess you got to make room for whatever the new flavor of the month is in Japan to bring over.

You know what's sad? There are a TONS of great animes they could be putting on TV over here on Adult Swim or Toonami. (Azumanga Daioh for example.) But instead, they bring over garbage like Zatch Bell!, Bo-Bo-Bo Bo Bo-Bo-Bo, and Naruto (sorry guys, I've tried repeatedly to get into this show, but I can't) and play them ALLLLLLLLLLLL the fucking time.

I need to be in charge of Toonami and Adult Swim's lineup arrangement. :evilgrin:

Dang, wish I would have seen this thread earlier.

Anyway, speaking of Cartoon Networks "quality" programming, did anyone see what they replaced Teen Titans with? The commericials were of some show called Wulin Warriors and made me want to cry in despair. I'm not sure if it aired, hopefully it didn't and they will put JLU in its time slot.

I can't believe Cartoon Network keeps getting rid of all their good shows, but I guess you got to make room for whatever the new flavor of the month is in Japan to bring over.

You know what's sad? There are a TONS of great animes they could be putting on TV over here on Adult Swim or Toonami. (Azumanga Daioh for example.) But instead, they bring over garbage like Zatch Bell!, Bo-Bo-Bo Bo Bo-Bo-Bo, and Naruto (sorry guys, I've tried repeatedly to get into this show, but I can't) and play them ALLLLLLLLLLLL the fucking time.

Exactly, If cartoon network is so dedicated in becoming an anime channel, there are so many better choices out there than the crap they are putting on. It just infuriates me that they get rid of good shows like JLU and Teen Titans, and are going to replace them with, most likely, crap anime, or reruns of other shows that they feel the need to show 3-4 times a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Long and the short of it, we almost didn't get this one. But here it is: the final episode of JLU!

13: Destroyer: The Justice League partners with Luthor and his band of evil minions to save the planet from an omega-level threat.

Batman: She's got a point. We'll need all the bodies we can throw at this.

Superman: Oh come on! It's Lex flippin' Luthor!

Metron: I warn you one final time: only a twelfth-level intellect has the slightest hope of surviving what you are about to experience.

Luthor: Then I'm overqualified.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Wow. Just...wow. We were worried about how they would end it all, and I think it was done perfectly. I was hoping beyond hope they would have the Source Wall in there somewhere (since that's how Superman ultimately defeated Darkseid in the Superman/Batman comics) and lo and behold. Nice homage to that specific comic. I marked the fuck out when J'onn entered the fray. All throughout, I was literally quivering while this episode played--it was THAT good. I'm sure it also had something to do with the fact that it's the final episode. :cry:

I give this episode an 11 out of 10. Godly ending to the series. God, I wish it wasn't ending, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Want to publicly thank Yoda for sending me all the JLU seasons...very awesome of him.

After seeing the once and future things and divided we fall...

Anything else I should check out?

What have you seen and what haven't you? There are tons of great episodes but there are some shitty ones, as well. Then there are ones that are mediocre, but have unforgettable moments.

Here are some really good episodes off the top of my head:

Clash

Dark Heart

The Doomsday Sanction

Panic in the Sky

Epilogue

But then again, I need to know what you've seen.

• 4 months later...

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:

Justice League - Time To Go Unlimited!! First Season Set Of JLU Comes To DVD!

Power up! The Justice League gets lots more power as they go unlimited! In it's 3rd season, Cartoon Network's Justice League series morphed into Justice League Unlimited, adding many more of the superheroes from the DC Comics universe. The first season of this version of the show is coming to DVD on October 24th, as a 4-disc set. $44.98 SRP includes 26 episodes with over 10 hours of DC Comics legendary superheroes, and these special features:

* And Justice for All: The Process of Revamping the Series with New Characters and a New Creative Direction.

* Themes of Justice: Choose Your Favorite JLU Musical Theme Audio Tracks.

* Creators' Commentary on "This Little Piggy" and 'The Return".

Stay tuned for box art. For now, here is Warner's description of the set:

Too much power, some think. From their Watchtower in space, the Justice League - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and J'onn J'onzz - floats above Earth, with countless new members including Green Arrow, Supergirl and Captain Atom. Their combined powers are awesome. And although these superheroes fight crime, eradicate evil and save the world over and over again, a conspiracy against them is growing. Led by the government, funded by Lex Luthor and fueled by a hidden enemy, Cadmus is born. The mission: to take down the Justice League. It's 26 episodes of action, intrigue and excitement in a 4-disc collection that any superhero fan should own! Plus, don't miss the shocking Epilogue that reveals the legacy of Batman!

Since each JLU season featured 13 episodes, this set actually includes the first two seasons of JLU.