Kratos v Sub-Zero

Missy

BVGBA: round one, poll sixteen  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kratos is my man from start to finish.

- As a mortal man, he killed thousands upon thousands of people: soldiers and innocents alike.

- After accidentally murdering his family, he was forced to wear their ashes.

- Pissed, he took it upon himself to kill a god. Moreover, the God of War.

- He rips heads, wings and limbs off indiscriminately.

- Gods willingly bestow him with their power because they know he can kill a god!

- He killed a man to open a door. A door!

- Kratos was impaled, sent to Hades... and escaped.

- Before his return, he killed dozens of his doppelgangers.

- He killed Ares...

- ... and then became the God of War!

Yeah, it's Kratos. Since it's clear from the picture that we're talking about the current Sub-Zero, I can't vote for him in this poll. Sub-Zero is badass and will (obviously) murder other people or creatures, but he's still a good guy trying to help save the world. When you put that up against Kratos' résumé, Kratos easily wins.

Sub Zero, just cause I hate all of you for killing Frog and Pyramid Head.

Those polls are still open. Convince your friends to join and vote for PH and Frog.

I have no friends... :shakehead:

I'm going with Sub-Zero here. The old Sub-Zero, the one who was one of the greatest assasins ever, the one who after he was killed, became Noob Saibot, killed his brother by ripping him in half, and became God of the Neatherealm.

I'm going with Sub-Zero here. The old Sub-Zero, the one who was one of the greatest assasins ever, the one who after he was killed, became Noob Saibot, killed his brother by ripping him in half, and became God of the Neatherealm.

Um... you know that part hasn't been confirmed yet, right? That was just one of many endings, just like Scorpion beating the Dragon King, which may or may not have happened.

Um... you know that part hasn't been confirmed yet, right? That was just one of many endings, just like Scorpion beating the Dragon King, which may or may not have happened.

I know that may not be the ending that leads up to the next Mortal Kombat, but I'm using it here because this is a one-on-one competition, so I feel it's fair game, as it is part of his known story, wether or not it leads up to the next game.

Mmm... that would be like me saying Kratos is the son of Zeus and that he (Kratos) killed his mother because she turned into a demon. It isn't canon (yet), and in my mind shouldn't be considered. Same goes for Sub-Zero and any of these other characters: if what we've seen isn't the official history (yet), then it should be ignored when voting.

But with characters from fighting games, I think it should be considered. Characters from action games and rpg's have their stories set in stone, so it's easy to look at not only thier backstory, but see where they went from there in the ending.

However, with characters from fighting games, it's hard to know anything if you narrow it down to only the story that leads to the next game. In the Soul Edge game Heishiro Mitsurugi sidesteps bullets in his ending, but are we to simple forget it just because Siegfried Schtauffen's ending is the one that leads to Soul Calibur? Stories in fighting games are almost non-existent, so sometimes the various endings are all you have to go on.

While I see what you're saying, to me, alternate endings aren't canonical until they're noted in sequels or elsewhere.

By no means is this a rule for the tournament, I'm just stating my opinion on the matter at hand. So feel free to vote however you wish.

• 2 weeks later...