Fox confirms X-Men 4

The god machine style "death" of Jean when Iceman is chilling right there. They establish he is good enough to make big honkin' walls out of just the humidity, repairing several cracks in the dam shouldn't have been a big worry. I remember yelling at the screen (yeah, I'm one of those guys) "But Iceman is RIGHT THERE!"

That bothered me at first, but then I realized he wasn't powerful enough to freeze an entire lake. Not yet, anyway.

The god machine style "death" of Jean when Iceman is chilling right there. They establish he is good enough to make big honkin' walls out of just the humidity, repairing several cracks in the dam shouldn't have been a big worry. I remember yelling at the screen (yeah, I'm one of those guys) "But Iceman is RIGHT THERE!"

That bothered me at first, but then I realized he wasn't powerful enough to freeze an entire lake. Not yet, anyway.

I don't think he has to freeze the whole lake, just at the cracks in the wall. it would easily have held long enough to take off. The big wall he made when the soldiers attacked showed he could do big and thick, he just had to aim it.

• 1 month later...
Marvel Entertainment’s Peter Cuneo presented at Raymond James 28th Annual Institutional Investors Conference, and gave updates about Marvel’s film rights and the X-Men franchise. Here’s a little of what he had to say.

“All of our film deals with studio partners allow them to continue to have the rights as long as they make the sequels within a prescribed time frame. That time frame varies from deal to deal. If they don’ t make the sequel, then the rights revert back to Marvel.” said Cuneo. “You do sometimes hear the studios saying this is the last of the ‘blank’ films — in our case that’s probably unlikely if a successful franchise. I certainly would include X-Men, probably Fantastic Four and that’s with Fox. “

Regarding Wolverine:

“Wolverine is the most popular of the X-Men, and Fox is talking about with Hugh Jackman making a WOLVERINE film which would qualify in a sense as X-MEN 4.” said Cuneo. “That may very well in fact be out in 2008 or certainly by 2009 if they go ahead, but Fox is very adept at making a quality film very quickly.”

So X-Men 4 is the Wolverine movie. Then the Magneto movie will count as X-Men 5, and they both count as sequels so Fox will not lose the rights.

• 1 month later...
‘Lost’ star, Josh Holloway, who plays the conman Sawyer in the cult plane crash TV series, has been approached by studio bosses to play Gambit - a mutant who can charge objects with kinetic energy and make them explode.

He told TV Hits magazine: “We had a meeting and they wanted me to play Gambit, the card dealer character, they thought I’d be perfect for the part. We’ll see.”

Holloway’s announcement has confirmed rumours 20th Century Fox are to make another film after the success of the previous three instalments.

The 37-year-old actor is keen to play a superhero because he wants to wear a pair of tights.

Holloway said: “I would love to play a superhero. I’d love to wear a cape and tights!”

The hunky star isn’t worried about performing his own stunts if he lands the role, because he is a real-life action man.

He explained: “I hike and kayak and I have a boat, because I enjoy fishing. I grew up in the mountains where it’s all lakes and streams, so a lot of my life has been an adventure getting to know the ocean.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/2007/05/07/josh-...-star-in-x-men/