Hell Girl

Kscriv

The bright spot of the worst anime club meeting ever last Saturday Night (which included the President forgetting his cable to show the stuff, me crashing my Mom's car driving him back to his house to get it, and a girl putting her Yaoi DVDs in the PS2. AHHHHH.) I saw the first episode of this deliciously twisted anime series and am absolutely hooked on it.

Basic premise. For starters, each episode is a standalone, so I only have the first episode to summarize, essentially, there is this website, Hell Enterprises which can only be accessed at the stroke of midnight. When you type a grudge into the site, that grudge will be taken care of. Now the subject of the first episode is a high school girl, who comes from a family that is struggling to make ends meat. She is basically a slave to the rich popular kids, who humiliate her in every possible way (it's also hinted they whore her out) for money to help her family. She goes to Hell Enterprises and enters the Alpha Bitch, she immediately recieves a confirmation message on her phone (keep in mind no contact info is given.) After awhile, nothing happens. She is set up with a 30-something guy for a "date" she can't handle it, she runs off, she goes to the roof of a really tall building and walks off. As she does this a shroud fills in around her and she ends up at a pond in a forest (the entire scene with a huge tint of red, with a fading sunset) looking across at this demonic looking girl. She says that she is going to do what she asked (take care of her grudge) the Hell Girl gives our victim a doll with a red ribbon attatched to it's neck. She is told when she removes it, the tormentor (sorry I don't remember the names) will be sent straight to hell. The catch is that when your number is called, your clock runs out. You go right down there with her. Is it worth it to you? She obviously believes it is, after little deliberation, she pulls the string. A sweet scene seeing the tormentor go through a personal hell, followed by her being consumed by the bowels of the inferno. Two final shots are the victim now leading a happy life in school (showing that it was worth it....for now) and the last is the hell girl adding a candle with her name on it to this giant stand.

My words don't do this justice, its not dubbed, so you need to download it in subbed form. You really need to check this out.

Also, three AMV ideas spring to mind, Miseria Cantare (AFI), No Way Back (Foo Fighters) Devil in a Midnight Mass (Billy Talent) Which do you guys like?

The bright spot of the worst anime club meeting ever last Saturday Night (which included the President forgetting his cable to show the stuff, me crashing my Mom's car driving him back to his house to get it, and a girl putting her Yaoi DVDs in the PS2. AHHHHH.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't imagine the toruture that must have been...........oh, wait, yes I can.

This "series" sounds really good. I'll look into it.

• 1 year later...