Mario v Sonic

Missy

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Place: Using the Warp Pipes, the combatants can travel between both of their worlds.

Conditions: Normal

Notes: This is one-on-one, meaning no Luigi or Tails to help out.

Power-Ups: Any power-ups that would be available in that world are free to use. (i.e. Mario couldn't use the Fire Flower in Sonic's world, but Sonic could use the Invisibility Star in the Mushroom Kingdom.)

Mario wouldn't be able to even SEE HIM. Sonic is so fast, all Mario would see is a blue blur beating his fat, midget ass into the ground. Unless Mario gets an invincibility star (which only lasts about 8 seconds anyway), this one's over in like...however many seconds Sonic likes, seeing as how he can run at fucking WARP SPEED and can control the entire pace of the battle. Oh, and Sonic can turn into a buzzsaw and cut through metal. What do you think that does to human skin? Plus, if they were in Sonic's realm, Sonic could grab a fire shield and nullify the fireballs.

Sonic has the advantage over Mario in speed, technique, height (albeit not by much), and he doesn't need any power-ups to gain abilities. He already has them! There is NO FUCKING WAY Mario could ever beat Sonic. EVER.

Edited by James D.

Oh come on! Sonic couldn't even touch Mario if he had a Star or metal suit. Sans those, Sonic has a better chance, but Mario has fought Bowser, Donkey Kong, and hordes of other characters. If Sonic comes zipping at him, all Mario has to do is keep jumping over his blue ass until he's able to use Sonic's speed against him by making him fall of a cliff.

Oh come on! Sonic couldn't even touch Mario if he had a Star or metal suit. Sans those, Sonic has a better chance, but Mario has fought Bowser, Donkey Kong, and hordes of other characters. If Sonic comes zipping at him, all Mario has to do is keep jumping over his blue ass until he's able to use Sonic's speed against him by making him fall of a cliff.

Sonic runs so fast, he can run up 90-degree inclines, just like the Flash. Running off a cliff isn't going to be a problem.

Bowser and DK are just muscle. They have no brains or speed. They are hosses. Slow, meandering hosses.

The metal suit and especially the stars do not last long. You know this. Not to mention the fact that the metal suit slows him down even more. Sonic could bide his time and wait for both to wear off. Simple, yet effective strategy.

Mario goes over Sonic clean only to have Luigi come in and beat down Mario, thus solidifying him as a God amongst men...

Uhhhh... okay. :huh:

Back to reality: 8 seconds or not, all Mario needs is one Star and Fire Flower to destroy Sonic, and if they're in the Mushroom Kingdom Sonic can't use the Fire Shield because that's back on his world. Mario distracts Sonic by tossing a barrage of fireballs into his path, and BOOM -- runs into him while the Star's still doing its thing for the win.

Not to quibble, but technically, whichever character's world the two are in will see that character win. Mario wouldn't win in Sonic's world (I doubt he'd be able to get from beginning to end, given the loops Sonic runs through) and Mario would have an obvious advantage in the mushroom kingdom.

Not to quibble, but technically, whichever character's world the two are in will see that character win. Mario wouldn't win in Sonic's world (I doubt he'd be able to get from beginning to end, given the loops Sonic runs through) and Mario would have an obvious advantage in the mushroom kingdom.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I added the Warp Pipes so they could hop from world to world -- this way no one had a clear edge with a home field advantage.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I added the Warp Pipes so they could hop from world to world -- this way no one had a clear edge with a home field advantage.

Which is why I said Sonic could hop to his world via warp pipe, grab a fire shield and hop right back to the Mushroom Kingdom. And with his speed, he'd do it all in about 3 seconds.

Which is why I said Sonic could hop to his world via warp pipe, grab a fire shield and hop right back to the Mushroom Kingdom. And with his speed, he'd do it all in about 3 seconds.

But Sonic's power-up wouldn't work in the Mushroom Kingdom -- I set that up in the description.

Which is why I said Sonic could hop to his world via warp pipe, grab a fire shield and hop right back to the Mushroom Kingdom.  And with his speed, he'd do it all in about 3 seconds.

But Sonic's power-up wouldn't work in the Mushroom Kingdom -- I set that up in the description.

Oh. I didn't know they couldn't grab something and bring it back with them. My bad.

Doesn't change the fact that Mario doesn't have a prayer of beating the blue one.

Edited by James D.

Give Mario the Cape Feather so he can fly high up, which will leave Sonic scratching his head looking for the mustachioed plumber. As soon as Sonic slows down, all Mario has to do is gain a shit load of speed, and dive-bomb right on top of Sonic's head. Game over.

Are we going on the videogames here or potential?

technique

Mario has many techniques at his disposal. Much more than sonic.

height

Sonic is only 4ft. Mario is taller.

doesn't need any power-ups to gain abilities

Fire Bracelet? Light Shoes? These were all powerups.

technique

height

I said he doesn't NEED any.

technique

height

You said he doesn't NEED any to GAIN ABILITIES. He does.

technique

height

His abilities are MORE than enough to kick Mario's ass without power-ups. THAT is what I'm saying. Sheesh.

technique

height

His abilities are MORE than enough to kick Mario's ass without power-ups. THAT is what I'm saying. Sheesh.

That's not what it says though :lol:

• 4 months later...