Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer

That's right. The second FF movie will be titled Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer. An actual crossover in a movie. My only question is whether or not Galactus is going to be in it. The site I read it on doesn't say. They only say that Surfer is running around causing trouble, and that Doom comes back. I hope he shows up at the very end, and that leads into the 3rd movie. That would be a true comic book cliffhanger ending.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=11871

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Silver Surfer Will Be Played By Computers

According to Moviehole, not only are the rumors about Vin Diesel playing the Silver Surfer in the second Fantastic Four movie untrue, but the Surfer won't even be played by a human, with director Tim Story opting for an all CGI design.

The film's director, Tim Story, told me this morning that although The Silver Surfer is indeed in the movie, it won't be Vin Diesel playing him.

"No truth to it", Story said, when asked about the Diesel rumours. "The Surfer will be a new CGI design being developed especially for the movie. It's going to be incredible."

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2006/07/the_sil...ll_be_play.html

Don Payne, who is writing the upcoming Fantastic Four sequel movie, confirmed to SCI FI Wire the previously reported news that the follow-up to the superhero hit will prominently feature the Silver Surfer, herald of the planet-devouring Galactus. "That's the worst-kept secret in town," Payne said in an interview while promoting his latest project, the superhero romantic comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend. "The Silver Surfer will be in it. The Fantasticar will be in it. We're just trying to make it more exciting and funnier, and, you know, we're trying to top the first one."

Still no official word on whether Galactus himself will show up, but that's ok, we get the Fantasticar. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
20th Century Fox has confirmed to Superhero Hype! that the Fantastic Four sequel has a new name - Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer. The movie was previously known as Fantastic Four and The Silver Surfer. The second film, directed by Tim Story, is set to hit theaters on June 15, 2007.

In the sequel, the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of The Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.

http://superherohype.com/news/fantasticfournews.php?id=4645

• 1 month later...
IESB.net recently sat down to chat with Tom Rothman, Chairman of 20th Century Fox, and in the interview, Rothman talked at length about several of the studio's forthcoming projects, most notably Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Alien vs. Predator 2. In the interview, Rothman described Vancouver as "...sort of a home away from home for us ... we've done a lot of our shows up there." He also had some interesting tidbits about the two (or is that actually three) franchises...

On Fantastic Four 2:

IESB: ...you can’t have the Silver Surfer without Galactus making an appearance at one point or another in the film right?

TR: That’s true.

IESB: Avi has always referred to Galactus as a force of nature.

TR: Yeah.

IESB: Is he going to look like anything like we’ve seen him in the comic books?

TR: Yes, I think that Galactus, look, I don’t want to give away too much, right, but I will say this, Galactus will appear and fans will not be disappointed.

IESB: Do we have multiple villains here? Tim has said we are going to see Doom come back in full Doom gear but Alicia Masters is the daughter of the Puppet Master.

TR: I am very aware of that.

IESB: So, are we going to see any Puppet Master action here?

TR: (laughing) I will neither confirm nor deny, I will not confirm or deny, you got Galactus and Silver Surfer out of me and I am not going to confirm or deny.

IESB: Obviously we know the story line, we know he’s the herald and we know that he eventually comes over to the hero side, are we hoping to see a spin off of the Silver Surfer?

TR: Well, I don’t want to be exuberant, but I will say this, we are investing a tremendous amount of money, time and care, to make the state of the art CGI Silver Surfer, to make him as great as modern technology can make him. And, the only thing that I would say is that the real, the ultimate pay off of that level of investment and doing it to its fullest possible extent, would really come if we are able to make future films. Like any movie, you have to make a really good first one before you should, let’s put it that way, make another one. So, we need to make this movie great and we need to make the Silver Surfer’s debut incredibly dazzling and compelling. But, we’re certainly putting everything that the business has to offer behind it in the hopes of doing that, in the hopes that the Silver Surfer has a long life.

IESB: And traditional look as well? We will see him with a surfboard?

TR: Yes, traditional look, very, very faithful look but it’s, obviously, it’s taking the comic look and giving it a 3D rendering. We have not yet determined what the voice casting will be. We’ve done a lot of work lately with Weta, as I said I saw some absolutely breathtaking shots of Saphira the dragon from Eragon, and even the test work they have done on the Surfer is incredibly cool. I honestly think it’s gonna blow people away but people will be able to judge pretty soon for themselves because I will tell you that the first teaser that we are going to put out of the movie, which will be very early in the new year, the first teaser will definitely reveal the Silver Surfer. So people won’t have long to wait to judge how well it is done.

IESB: So we will see the Silver Surfer the first couple of months of the new year.

TR: Yes, I can’t say exactly and I can’t imagine there would be a whole lot of it right, but, there will be shots of the reveal that will be in the first teaser.

Finally, it's confirmed that Galactus is in it, and he will look close to the comic version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Life, comic books, and movies have always borrowed heavily from each other, but you know superheroes have gone corporate when they start seeking sponsors.

Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer presents Marvel Comics fans with the first screen-incarnation of one of comicdom's most endearing superhero vehicles, The Fantasticar.

The car is characterised by a less aggressive, more friendly feel -- just like all of Mr Fantastic's inventions. For the movie, releasing in June 2007, Tim Slattery -- who made the Batmobile in Batman Forever -- designed the iconic wheels.

In the movie, the Fantasticar is powered by a proton accelerator, can hover, fly at 500 mph and break into separate flying machines.

In real life, Dodge Automobiles forked over $1 million to have their name on the front [see inset.] What's next? A Hayabusa for Ghost Rider? Bruce Wayne in a Lamborghini?

Normally I would be pissed about this, but it kind of fits in this case. The FF are media darlings. Why wouldn't Dodge approach them to put their name on the fantasticar? If it was the batmobile, it would be different.

Normally I would be pissed about this, but it kind of fits in this case. The FF are media darlings. Why wouldn't Dodge approach them to put their name on the fantasticar? If it was the batmobile, it would be different.

I agree but for a slightly different reason. I feel like only Torch would be such a shill just because he's a media darling. But considering how one of the classic story-lines of FF is "hey, uh, they want us to pay rent... do we have it?" it makes it easier for me to look beyond this Dodge bit.

not everyone has the automatic funds of Bruce Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

A blurry version of the teaser trailer. Everyone is saying the trailer is really good, and changing alot of opinions on this movie. It gets clearer near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAw2np86KI4

edit: Here's an almost frame by frame high quality look at the trailer. My favorite is the surfer holding Johnny by the throat.

• 3 weeks later...
Galactus is going to be in the movie.

There it is. That’s the answer many fans have been wondering ever since 20th Century Fox announced the sequel to 2005’s “Fantastic Four” is going to be called “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer” instead of “FF2.” After all, you can’t have the Silver Surfer without Galactus, right?

Now the question on everyone’s minds is of course, what the hungry, world-devouring master will look like when he arrives on screen on June 15, 2007. Screenwriter Don Payne is coy, but he’s quick to point out “the story definitely focuses more on the Silver Surfer—otherwise it would be called ‘Rise of the Silver Surfer and Galactus,’” he laughs. However, further prodding reveals the purple planet eater, who sends his herald to seek out worlds suitable for him to consume, may not actually be explored as a character, but more as a “force.”

“As far as Galactus goes, the essence will be the same,” Payne maintains, describing the entity as an amalgam of concepts combined with the original “Coming of Galactus” story from Fantastic Four #48. “We’re also using elements from Fantastic Four #57-60, where the Silver Surfer encounters Dr. Doom,” Payne says. “Then there are a couple moments that were inspired by Ultimate Extinction.”

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/movies/fanta...2/003014399.cfm