Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That can't be nearly as lame as it sounds.

I'd prefer the plug-head version. Not a full shot mind you, maybe just an arm and a voice, something to really get the scale of his size.

Gah Lak Tus is actually a really cool concept, but the downside is that

the entire armada scatters like a school of fish when only a small portion of it is destroyed. I would buy that if the majority of the armada was wiped out, but 20%? No way.

As I've noted elsewhere: it would be neat to see Galactus on screen, but I don't think people will buy a giant, world-devouring alien-god-thing. They'll laugh at him. Gah Lak Tus, on the other hand, is something the average moviegoer understands from films like Independence Day, War of the Worlds and even the Borg.

• 1 month later...

ComingSoon.net reviewed the film here. Overall, they liked it, except for one thing, Galactus.

The biggest problem with "Rise of the Silver Surfer" is Galactus. Comic fans are going to be utterly appalled with how he is portrayed in this movie. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with it either. I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying what he looks like because he can be seen in the opening scene of the film. He's actually

a cosmic cloud

, believe it or not. I understand what the creators were thinking. They were trying to create a menace of galactic proportions and they thought

a purple giant would look stupid

. But I truly believe the

comic version of Galactus could have been made to work

. The final version of Galactus is even less menacing than the tornadoes in "Twister." Even worse is how Galactus is defeated by our heroes. It ends up making no sense whatsoever and is one of the biggest plot holes of the film. I was really disappointed.

Strangely enough, I thought they pulled Galactus off pretty well, given the constrants.

It was just the rest of the movie I had issue with.

If Mike and Jenny don't review this thing, I sure as hell will.

Strangely enough, I thought they pulled Galactus off pretty well, given the constrants.

It was just the rest of the movie I had issue with.

If Mike and Jenny don't review this thing, I sure as hell will.

I'm in the midst of preparing an all F4 Comic Reel-lief (for the modern movies - can't find the old version), just as soon as I can steel myself up to re-watching the first one. And buy tickets to the new one.

Even so, don't let me stop you doing a review Dubs. If anything, it feels weird when I cover a movie that hasn't been mentioned on the show (Ghost Rider being the most recent example).