Iron Man

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
We've received an update on the news from a few days ago in which Iron Man director Jon Favreau revealed the schedule for the teaser trailer hitting TV on Monday, Sept. 10.

Favreau said a High Definition QuickTime version of the trailer will hit Apple.com on Sept. 11. While that is most likely the case, you'll be able to watch it online officially earlier starting at 10pm Eastern Time at Movies.MTV.com for 24 hours.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6278

Variety says Iron man won't fly in the movie.

Paramount grounds 'Iron Man'

Superhero flies in trailer but won't in film

The trailer for Paramount's May tentpole "Iron Man" debuted last week, generating buzz among superhero fans.

The trailer features a generous helping of Robert Downey Jr. as sardonic arms dealer turned armored-warrior Tony Stark, glimpses of his armor and an impressive sequence where Iron Man flies, outracing fighter jets.

The sequence had to generate buzz, since that's the only reason it exists. It won't be in the movie. In fact, it wasn't even made for the movie.

A spokesman for Industrial Light & Magic confirms that the flying Iron Man shots are not "finals" (completed, delivered visual effects) and were only made for the film's Comic-Con promo reel.

Not cool.

This isn't Smallville, it the big film, he should be able to fly the second he puts his red armour on. Iron Man needs to be iconic and in the Marvel top echelon he's the only one who really flies. Thor throws his hammer and hangs on and Hulk jumps a lot. Iron Man's flight is integral to Marvel's need to make him an iconic hero, why ground him and risk making him seem less special?

Not saying the movie can't be good, but they shouldn't offer us these awesome sequences that show exactly what Iron Man should be and then tell us they arn't going to happen.

UPDATE: Jon Favreau says on his MySpace group that the flying scenes from the teaser are indeed in the movie:

It's in the movie. It's true that the shots were rushed for Comic Con, but the F-22 dogfight has been in the works for over a year and was the furthest along of the film's set pieces. That's how we were able to get it on the screen nearly a year before the premiere.

All better now.

UPDATE: Jon Favreau says on his MySpace group that the flying scenes from the teaser are indeed in the movie:

It's in the movie. It's true that the shots were rushed for Comic Con, but the F-22 dogfight has been in the works for over a year and was the furthest along of the film's set pieces. That's how we were able to get it on the screen nearly a year before the premiere.

All better now.

I should have known they couldn't be that stupid, but then anything is possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really looking forward to this movie; the talent behind it is giving me a lot of hope for this one.

Is there any kind of statistical data about how much a movie boosts a comics sales, if at all (to any serious extent)? I wonder what kind of product rollout Marvel has in mind. I keep picturing people wandering into their local comic shop and finding the new Iron Man, only to find that these days, Tony Stark is... well, kind of a douche.

I'm really looking forward to this movie; the talent behind it is giving me a lot of hope for this one.

Is there any kind of statistical data about how much a movie boosts a comics sales, if at all (to any serious extent)? I wonder what kind of product rollout Marvel has in mind. I keep picturing people wandering into their local comic shop and finding the new Iron Man, only to find that these days, Tony Stark is... well, kind of a douche.

To be fair, he's a douche in the movie also.