Superkid: Good or Bad (Spoilers)

mmckellop

Well if box office numbers are any indication, a great many of us have seen Superman Returns and I am sure a great many of us have opinions about young Jason. I personally thought that I was a mistake to go in that direction storywise. It paints the filmmakers in corner. A future sequel must deal with the whole Son of Superman issue, which now matter how they deal with, will ultimatly take screen time away from the big "S" which is of course the main reason why people go to the movies.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Terribly bad idea: it makes Superman feel way too old, saddles him with even more responsibility, messes with the Lane-White relationship and might force DC to introduce a child into the comics (they're known for altering their books to fit in with the films).

However, as much as I dislike the idea of a superkid in the here and now, a Superboy who's the spawn of Superman is not a bad idea. And I do wish DC would introduce such a character into The Legion of Super-Heroes or some other book which is set outside of the proper (RE: current) DC continuity.

Like I said on the show: it's confusing. He took her memory away by the end of Superman 2, but did he make her forget that they had sex or only that he was Clark Kent? If it's the former, then she wouldn't know Jason was his. But she does, so it must be the latter of the two. It's just odd that his memory removing kiss is so specific about which memories it erases.

Like I said on the show: it's confusing. He took her memory away by the end of Superman 2, but did he make her forget that they had sex or only that he was Clark Kent? If it's the former, then she wouldn't know Jason was his. But she does, so it must be the latter of the two. It's just odd that his memory removing kiss is so specific about which memories it erases.

Or they slept together after the kiss. She sleeps with Superman not knowing that it's Clark, and he gets to sleep with Lois again. Like I said though, that is not like Superman to do that.

Well, the Superkid really doesn't follow the Superman 2 story that well to begin with, as Jack explained in Post #4. The movies aren't obligated to be faithful to previous movies anyway. After all, they completely "forgot" about Superman 3 and 4, and "Batman Begins" has nothing to do with the previous four "Batman" films.

All I could think of when Superman leaves the kid in the bed at the end was...there goes another deadbeat dad. Heard the next superman was going to be about him dodging alimony faster than a bullet. Think about it, all the guy needs to do is put on fucking glasses and all the sudden the father is gone! It's a Jerry Springer show waiting to happen.