Green Arrow comes to Smallville

Missy

From KryptonSite:

Green Arrow Comes To Smallville!

TV Guide's July 24 edition, now arriving in subscriber mailboxes with a nifty Tom Welling cover, has a BIG scoop -- that the DC Comics character of Oliver Queen, better known to fans as Green Arrow, will be making an appearance in Smallville for a story arc that will go for "at least seven episodes."

"He will start to form the nascent Justice League," Smallville executive producer Alfred Gough tells TV Guide in this week's issue. "He's trying to find like-minded people with special powers and put a more formal structure in place."

The article goes on to say that Clark will initially be wary of Green Arrow, much like he was when future characters such as the Flash or Aquaman showed up in previous seasons. "Ultimately Clark will see the value of what he is trying to do," Gough says. "But as he's gotten older, Clark has become more cautious. He will always be there to help out, but he doesn't want to be part of a formalized organization."

Just as big as the announcement of the character is the casting - Justin Hartley, who played the role of AC/Aquaman in Millar & Gough's Aquaman pilot will be playing the role of Ollie.

The article says that Hartley was quickly offered the Smallville gig. "What really appealed to us is that he has a great combination of sexiness and humor," Gough says.

TV Guide does not reveal when Oliver will first appear on the show, though here at KryptonSite, we are hearing that he may show up as early as the season's second episode, "Sneeze." (Visit the KryptonSite spoilers page for more about the new season!)

TV Guide also reveals that Lois Lane will take a romantic interest in the emerald archer.

Also in this week's article is one of the first print mentions of Aaron Ashmore's casting as Jimmy Olsen, who will be a recurring guest star. "In our first episode back, they reconnect," Gough says. "And so Chloe Sullivan finally gets a boyfriend."

I understand why they do what they do with Smallville. But I don't understand why they do it. :) Let me explain.

I know they have all these comic book characters for fanboy pop and what not, but I always felt the main strength of the show was showing the development of Clark not of Superman. I liked how they used developing/dealing with powers to symbolise normal teen angst and problems. Seems like lately they have strayed too far from the original concept.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
From KryptonSite:

Green Arrow Comes To Smallville!

TV Guide's July 24 edition, now arriving in subscriber mailboxes with a nifty Tom Welling cover, has a BIG scoop -- that the DC Comics character of Oliver Queen, better known to fans as Green Arrow, will be making an appearance in Smallville for a story arc that will go for "at least seven episodes."

"He will start to form the nascent Justice League," Smallville executive producer Alfred Gough tells TV Guide in this week's issue. "He's trying to find like-minded people with special powers and put a more formal structure in place."

The article goes on to say that Clark will initially be wary of Green Arrow, much like he was when future characters such as the Flash or Aquaman showed up in previous seasons. "Ultimately Clark will see the value of what he is trying to do," Gough says. "But as he's gotten older, Clark has become more cautious. He will always be there to help out, but he doesn't want to be part of a formalized organization."

Just as big as the announcement of the character is the casting - Justin Hartley, who played the role of AC/Aquaman in Millar & Gough's Aquaman pilot will be playing the role of Ollie.

The article says that Hartley was quickly offered the Smallville gig. "What really appealed to us is that he has a great combination of sexiness and humor," Gough says.

TV Guide does not reveal when Oliver will first appear on the show, though here at KryptonSite, we are hearing that he may show up as early as the season's second episode, "Sneeze." (Visit the KryptonSite spoilers page for more about the new season!)

TV Guide also reveals that Lois Lane will take a romantic interest in the emerald archer.

Also in this week's article is one of the first print mentions of Aaron Ashmore's casting as Jimmy Olsen, who will be a recurring guest star. "In our first episode back, they reconnect," Gough says. "And so Chloe Sullivan finally gets a boyfriend."

Am I the only one who thought it was odd to cast Aaron ashmore as Jimmy Olsen? He looks alot like his brother(I assume) who has been a villain in a couple of episodes. I love the fact though that Linoel Luthor is returning to the darkside, he seems better suited for it espically since Lex tends to be more of a tweener. He keeps walking to the edge of the darkness dips his foot in then kinda of backs off.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the bumb but I didn't want to start a new thread. I for the most part have been enjoying Smallville so far this season. The guy they got to play the Green Arrow is doing alright. I also like having the Phantom Zone escapees being the villians instead of the same run of the mill humans altered by kryptonite. They also had bow wow on last week and he didn't suck...

• 2 weeks later...
Was he a green shapeshifter... did they get at least that right?

To tell the truth, the lad was crying in the middle and needed to be picked up and fed.

What I saw before I left-

Batista (crazy bone-eating monster from the Phantom Zone:actually kind of cool) was almost going to eat Clark (who had just heard a Flash-like speed sound behind him in the fog) when Batista fell.

Clark looked down and saw two things: an odd-looking handprint burned onto Batista's back and a crushed up Oreo.

When I came back-

another scene but when we get back to Clark and Cloe he tells her that he met a being more powerful than he could ever imagine and she says "He's on our side right?" and he says something to the point of: "There's some things you don't want to know."

:shocked:

Oh yeah...now that we're way beyond spoilers here: Lana is pregnant with Lex's kid.

Oreos! Awesome! I bet, like, three viewers got that.

Wish I had known this was Batista's episode.

Yea I wa going to post something over at the Oratory but was like meh. Anyway what is up with the oreo's? I remembering saying to the wife "I don't know whats with the oreo's" I didn't even realize that he was Martian Manhunter...I didn't think he was the killing type, but I know very little about him.

J'onn J'onzz is addicted to Chocos, an Oreo-like cookie.

Issue #24 of the Martian Manhunter series from the 1990s focuses on this by telling an imaginary tale where J'onn turns into a Hulk-like creature when his cookies are stolen by Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. It's one of the funniest comics I've ever read.

Oh yeah...now that we're way beyond spoilers here: Lana is pregnant with Lex's kid.

I'm not a hundred percent sure it's Lex's, she's having strange complications i.e. piercing headaches and fainting spells...Oh and since it sounds like you missed it Lex proposed to her at the end of the show.

Issue #24 of the Martian Manhunter series from the 1990s focuses on this by telling an imaginary tale where J'onn turns into a Hulk-like creature when his cookies are stolen by Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. It's one of the funniest comics I've ever read.

Oh...ok...strange...

I'm not a hundred percent sure it's Lex's, she's having strange complications i.e. piercing headaches and fainting spells...Oh and since it sounds like you missed it Lex proposed to her at the end of the show.

Oh...ok...strange...

Giffen's run had a love of Oreo's written into the character as well.