Heroes - SPOILERS!

I just watched the pilot for a new show coming to NBC this Fall. If you haven't heard of it, here is the description from nbc.com:

They thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities. In Japan, a lowly office worker can teleport at will. In New York, a struggling artist can paint the future. In Los Angeles, a discontented beat cop can hear the thoughts of others. Elsewhere, a high school cheerleader discovers she is unbreakable and a single mom realizes she has a powerful alter ego. Heroes chronicles the lives of these people and the lives of others like them – whose destiny just might be saving humankind.

NBC.com weekly exclusives include an original, animated graphic novel that follows new hero adventures.

Despite what they say, these people don't just wake up one day and start flying and teleporting. It's a little more complicated than that. The storytelling is alot like Lost, a lot of questions, and few answers. Not to mention the fact that all of the characters are somehow connected to each other in strange and plot twisting ways.

The Japanese businesman is probably my favorite character. He's funny and original. He can affect time and space, which allows him to teleport. He explains time to his friend by quoting what he learned from the X-Men comics.

The painter can predict the future through his art. The problem is he doesn't remember painting them, and is scared by it.

The single mom pays the bills by running an online peep show in her bedroom. Her reflection has a personality of it's own.

The cheerleader is indestructable, as we see when she repeatedly tries to kill herself.

A regular guy has dreams of flying, and his politician brother doesn't want to hear it.

A professor in India belives people are on the verge of the next jump in evolution, and he follows his father's work on the subject after he is killed.

Being that it is the pilot, I can understand why it is a little slow, but I had no idea what direction the show will take, and after the end, I still don't. Is it going to be a team of superheroes fighting evil? Is it going to be more like the 4400? Even though it really doesn't answer this, the twists and turns it does take are more than enough to make it worth watching. If you are a fan of Lost, you are going to love it. If you hate Lost, it won't have enough action for you.

Check it out if you can get a copy. If not, wait until this Fall.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the pilot for a new show coming to NBC this Fall. If you haven't heard of it, here is the description from nbc.com:

They thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities. In Japan, a lowly office worker can teleport at will. In New York, a struggling artist can paint the future. In Los Angeles, a discontented beat cop can hear the thoughts of others. Elsewhere, a high school cheerleader discovers she is unbreakable and a single mom realizes she has a powerful alter ego. Heroes chronicles the lives of these people and the lives of others like them – whose destiny just might be saving humankind.

NBC.com weekly exclusives include an original, animated graphic novel that follows new hero adventures.

Despite what they say, these people don't just wake up one day and start flying and teleporting. It's a little more complicated than that. The storytelling is alot like Lost, a lot of questions, and few answers. Not to mention the fact that all of the characters are somehow connected to each other in strange and plot twisting ways.

The Japanese businesman is probably my favorite character. He's funny and original. He can affect time and space, which allows him to teleport. He explains time to his friend by quoting what he learned from the X-Men comics.

The painter can predict the future through his art. The problem is he doesn't remember painting them, and is scared by it.

The single mom pays the bills by running an online peep show in her bedroom. Her reflection has a personality of it's own.

The cheerleader is indestructable, as we see when she repeatedly tries to kill herself.

A regular guy has dreams of flying, and his politician brother doesn't want to hear it.

A professor in India belives people are on the verge of the next jump in evolution, and he follows his father's work on the subject after he is killed.

Being that it is the pilot, I can understand why it is a little slow, but I had no idea what direction the show will take, and after the end, I still don't. Is it going to be a team of superheroes fighting evil? Is it going to be more like the 4400? Even though it really doesn't answer this, the twists and turns it does take are more than enough to make it worth watching. If you are a fan of Lost, you are going to love it. If you hate Lost, it won't have enough action for you.

Check it out if you can get a copy. If not, wait until this Fall.

Yep...I'm totally psyched for this show. It's probably the only new show I'm interested in since I realized that Jericho is Lost...in Kansas.

The ad I saw with the Japanese guy stopping the clock with his mind was awesome. I hope the powers are downplayed and take a slow build. I don't want this show to be ruined by shitty special effects.

Is the prsioner character still involved or was he written out? I remember hearing about a prisoner who wakes up outside the prison...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I work on Mondays so I Tivo Raw, and then Tivo Friday night's Heroes. It sucks to be a week behind but I need my Raw on Mondays. I wish the show were just about Hiro. He's the best thing about the show.

Yea Hiro is the man and he does have the coolest power. Mondays are a struggle for me whether to watch the first hour of raw or Heroes.

The first episode, in my mind, was nothing special, and the second episode sucked. It sucked so hard I gave up on the show in a huff. Anybody who knows me knows I hate extended bits of recap (RE: flashbacks), and the first 10 to 15 minutes of that episode recapped a good portion of the first episode. I hate that shit with a passion. Opening the show with a brief "thus far" or "last episode" type of thing is fine, but doing it during the show makes me think three things:

01. The creators believe we're dumb and can't remember what we saw the previous week.

02. The creators didn't have enough material to fill the full hour.

03. The creators are pandering to those who may have missed a show.

No matter the reasoning, the show should be moved forward. Always forward.

Even though I gave up on it, Jen asked me to continue TiVoing the show... which I did... and reluctantly watched. When I saw that the flashbacks were no longer a concern, I decided to give it a second chance. And now I love Heroes. Hell, we just finished watching episodes three through six 10 minutes ago.

The creative staff is doing a damn fine job of juggling all of the stories, and there's no doubt in my mind that the subplots (i.e. Matt, Mohinder) will take center stage by midseason.

Hiro is clearly the breakout star. I'm fearful, however, that he's going to turn into a villain.

His name, for one. I think it's a red herring.

His deep desire to be a hero is akin to Anakin Skywalker's desire to be a Jedi. And we all know how that turned out.

The future Hiro carried a sword; seems like a villainous or antiheroic choice.

"Save the cheerleader" implies she dies. But how? Shouldn't her healing factor save her? Makes me think future Hiro wants all of the characters in one place (around Claire) so he (or someone) can wipe them out before they have the chance to mess with his plans down the road.

I don't want him to become a villain. Far from it. This is just a wild guess.

His name, for one. I think it's a red herring.

His deep desire to be a hero is akin to Anakin Skywalker's desire to be a Jedi. And we all know how that turned out.

The future Hiro carried a sword; seems like a villainous or antiheroic choice.

"Save the cheerleader" implies she dies. But how? Shouldn't her healing factor save her? Makes me think future Hiro wants all of the characters in one place (around Claire) so he (or someone) can wipe them out before they have the chance to mess with his plans down the road.

I don't want him to become a villain. Far from it. This is just a wild guess.

Syler is the man who will try kill the cheerleader. The only question is exactly who is Syler? The only scene that Syler is in we never get a clear shot of his face. My guess is that whoever it is will be a shocker. With the powers he has I could comfortably rule out Hiro. Syler has telekinesis at least and also seems to be able to take a couple of bullets to the chest. If you remember about the cheerleader when the stick got stuck in her brain her body shut down so her weak point must be her brain. Syler favorite method of killing involves removing the brain...

My only problem with the show is that there are too many different characters and stories to keep up with. Hopefully that will change soon, and if Nikki is dead that's one less to keep up with(it does say spoilers in the title so don't get mad).

I can't really see her being dead as there was so much about her character they never explained. Plus I like having alot of characters on the show it can keep lots of things fresh and if there is a paticular character you don't like you know he/she won't be hogging up the screen every week.

So what does everyone think Claire's adopted father is up to? Just studying the 'heroes' or changing them?

One of the hosts of a podcast I listen to has suggested that Mr. Bennet is the show's Charles Xavier: though his actions may seem reprehensible, we clearly don't have the whole story, so maybe he has to commit these acts for a greater good... such as bringing all these people together.

So far Mr. Bennet has:

01. Been seen in Chandra Suresh's home in India.

02. Ridden in Mohinder's cab.

03. Watched the tape Claire made of herself.

04. Kidnapped Matt and had "the Haitian" wipe his memory.

05. Abducted Nathan.

06. Ordered "the Haitian" to wipe Brody's memory clean.

07. Eavesdropped on Claire and her biological parents.

08. Reprimanded Eden for not trying harder in regards to keeping Mohinder in the US.

09. Maybe duped Claire into thinking Hank and Lisa are her parents.

These actions can be explained away:

01. Never does Mr. Bennet say he (or anyone he knows) killed Chandra Suresh. He's simply there investigating before a team can "bag and tag" everything.

02. If he was keeping tabs on Chandra, it only makes sense for him to watch over Mohinder.

03. It could be that Mr. Bennet simply found Claire's tape by accident. He was clearly shaken by it.

04. Drugging Matt was overboard, but maybe it was the only way to get him into the lab to test the limitations of his powers. You can't just walk up to someone and say, "Hey, guy. I hear you can read minds. Come with me so I can run some tests," and expect them to willingly follow you. Plus, he had "the Haitian" erase only one day from Matt's memory. Read early issues of Uncanny X-Men: Xavier was constantly mindwiping people, including allies such as Johnny Storm. Could be the same thing here.

05. Nathan flew away before anything could be done to him. Maybe they were attempting to save Nathan from Niki and / or the mob.

06. Mr. Bennet had every right to kill Brody after what he did to Claire, but he didn't. Instead he gave the kid another shot at life by erasing everything, including his date-raping ways.

07. Assuming those were Claire's birth parents, any adoptive parent would have been curious as to what was being said in the other room.

08. Eden had a job to do and she failed. Even if they're on the side of angels, there's nothing wrong with a little scolding.

09. The curious post-meeting interaction between Hank, Lisa and Mr. Bennet hasn't been explained yet, so we'll see where it goes.

Is Niki's dark half bad? To date all of the "bad" things she's done have been perpetrated to protect Micah.

Yea she did frame Micah's dad. Killed everyone invovled in the robbery she commited. She killed all the people at the poker game to Prevent D.L from finding out she framed him. Then tried to kill D.L. when he found out. Yea she seemed pretty bad to me...

Yea she did frame Micah's dad.

To get the money for her and her son.

Killed everyone invovled in the robbery she commited.

To keep all of the witnesses from coming after her and her son.

She killed all the people at the poker game to Prevent D.L from finding out she framed him.

Because he'd have killer her and / or taken Micah away. As we saw.

Then tried to kill D.L. when he found out. Yea she seemed pretty bad to me...

Because he threatened to take Micah away.

She's no saint, but all of the above was done for Micah.

Yea she did frame Micah's dad.

To get the money for her and her son.

Yea 2 million dollars come on. DL made 30,000 if she just got you know a job they would be fine. Stealing 2 mill is just plain greedy, an how is framing Micah's dad good for Micah?

Killed everyone invovled in the robbery she commited.

To keep all of the witnesses from coming after her and her son.

Or she didn't want to share the money that the stole together.

She killed all the people at the poker game to Prevent D.L from finding out she framed him.

Because he'd have killer her and / or taken Micah away. As we saw.

Um gee can you blame DL for wanting to take his son? How many people did she kill already? 2 in the garage, 3 in the poker game, and however many guys were a part of DL's crew

Then tried to kill D.L. when he found out. Yea she seemed pretty bad to me...

Because he threatened to take Micah away.

Yea my previous answer covers this.

She's no saint, but all of the above was done for Micah.

Even if it was all done for Micah can that truely condone any of her actions? She didn't need to steal 2 million to begin with. How many deaths followed because of that? The only 2 deaths I can let slide are the two in the garage as that was more self defense. Every other death came about because of the 2 million she didn't have to steal.

Yea 2 million dollars come on. DL made 30,000 if she just got you know a job they would be fine. Stealing 2 mill is just plain greedy, an how is framing Micah's dad good for Micah?

Never said it wasn't greedy.

Micah's dad was openly a criminal. Niki obviously didn't want that kind of man in Micah's life. Yeah, yeah. She's a murderer, but at least she wasn't open about her crimes.

There's nothing to back this up.

Um gee can you blame DL for wanting to take his son? How many people did she kill already? 2 in the garage, 3 in the poker game, and however many guys were a part of DL's crew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Niki afraid D.L. would take Micah before he learned the truth? I could swear she made a comment to the police about D.L. taking Micah away long before the money became an issue.

Even if it was all done for Micah can that truely condone any of her actions?

Yes, if it meant saving her boy.

She didn't need to steal 2 million to begin with. How many deaths followed because of that?

I agree: it's greedy. But these men would have killed her had she not killed them first.

The only 2 deaths I can let slide are the two in the garage as that was more self defense. Every other death came about because of the 2 million she didn't have to steal.

Money does strange things to people. It's not a stretch to think D.L.'s crew would have turned on him (and later killed Niki and Micah) had they pulled the job together. Those deaths are negligible to me.

Let me add this: if Niki was truly evil, she would have cut and run with the two million. But she didn't. Had Niki and Micah disappeared after the two million went missing, everyone would have known she took it. Instead she fell into a $50,000 hole she had to whore her way out of to protect Micah, all because her dark side kept the money hidden from the other half. Why would the dark side, the side you're calling evil, do that unless she was trying to protect herself and her son?

Never said it wasn't greedy.

Micah's dad was openly a criminal. Niki obviously didn't want that kind of man in Micah's life. Yeah, yeah. She's a murderer, but at least she wasn't open about her crimes.

Ok first while he did plan it he decided not to go through with it. At no other point does the show say he did anything else so how is he openly a criminal? How is it that just because she kept her crimes quiet mean that she is a better?

There's nothing to back this up.

That's true we don't know why she killed them. It dosen't negate the fact if she didn't commit the robbery she never would have killed them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Niki afraid D.L. would take Micah before he learned the truth? I could swear she made a comment to the police about D.L. taking Micah away long before the money became an issue.

Yea she was but the reason she thought that he had stolen the money, killed his crew and on the run. All of which was not true. That second part I dunno if she made a comment that she thought he was going to take him before the robbery. Obviously though thats not true, he wanted to leave with both of them.

Even if it was all done for Micah can that truely condone any of her actions?

Yes, if it meant saving her boy.

Even if she was the one who put him in danger in the first place? If the robbery is never commited she wouldn't of had to worry about DL his crew or anyone at that poker game.

She didn't need to steal 2 million to begin with. How many deaths followed because of that?

I agree: it's greedy. But these men would have killed her had she not killed them first.

Again I have to go back and say that if she didn't commit the robbery she wouldn't have been placed in said danger. By the way What do you have to back up that DL's crew was going to kill her? We don't know why she killed them. Plus she killed 3 guys at the poker game only one knew of her commiting the robbery. If Hiro and Ando hadn't gone to the bathroom she would have killed them too. Would you still be justifying her actions?

The only 2 deaths I can let slide are the two in the garage as that was more self defense. Every other death came about because of the 2 million she didn't have to steal.

Money does strange things to people. It's not a stretch to think D.L.'s crew would have turned on him (and later killed Niki and Micah) had they pulled the job together. Those deaths are negligible to me.

Let me add this: if Niki was truly evil, she would have cut and run with the two million. But she didn't. Had Niki and Micah disappeared after the two million went missing, everyone would have known she took it. Instead she fell into a $50,000 hole she had to whore her way out of to protect Micah, all because her dark side kept the money hidden from the other half. Why would the dark side, the side you're calling evil, do that unless she was trying to protect herself and her son?

Ok first point I'll make is that where as it's not a stretch to think DL's crew turned on her there is nothing to back that up. Not to mention if she never commited the robbery she never would have been in the position of kill or be killed. Of course if she hadn't commited the robbery DL wouldn't have gone to Jail, and they might not have been in a position to fall into a $50,000 hole to begin with. You also answered your own question of why she didn't cut and run because everyone would have known she did it. The dark side (which so far seems to have some powers the side dosen't have) is not always in control. It's a little hard to take off when the light side dosen't know what is going on. She'll get half way to mexico look in the mirror become the 'good' Nikki and wonder where the hell she's going. The dark side more or less needed to find a way for her and the 'light side' to be on the same page. Thats pure speculation on my part though.

Awesome discussion by the way!

Ok first while he did plan it he decided not to go through with it. At no other point does the show say he did anything else so how is he openly a criminal?

He had a crew, a crew that could pull such a job. That tells me he wasn't on the straight and narrow.

How is it that just because she kept her crimes quiet mean that she is a better?

No matter what she has done, Niki has never let her son see that side of her. D.L. might have been a great father, his interactions with Micah sure make it seem that way, but you can't expose a child to that kind of life. (Niki isn't doing Micah any favors by taking him on the run, that I'll concede.)

That's true we don't know why she killed them. It dosen't negate the fact if she didn't commit the robbery she never would have killed them.

Let's say the robbery went as D.L. planned. With that kind of money on the table, someone would have turned on everyone else. Assuming it wasn't D.L. who turned, he would have been killed, and I'm guessing Niki and Micah would have been too because Niki knew her husband's plans. Dark Niki would have erupted and killed everyone in self-defense... possibly in front of Micah. As weird as it sounds, it's better that Niki murdered them rather than allowing Micah to see her actions.

That second part I dunno if she made a comment that she thought he was going to take him before the robbery. Obviously though thats not true, he wanted to leave with both of them.

Actually, I thought she commented that D.L. would take Micah upon his return to the house but before he learned the truth. You are right however; he wanted to leave with both of them.

Even if she was the one who put him in danger in the first place? If the robbery is never commited she wouldn't of had to worry about DL his crew or anyone at that poker game.

Whether she took it or D.L. did, someone would have come looking for that two million.

By the way What do you have to back up that DL's crew was going to kill her? We don't know why she killed them.

The obvious fact that money, especially that kind of money, corrupts people. She killed people for it, whether you believe her actions were just or not, so it isn't that far of a stretch to assume someone else would have turned.

Plus she killed 3 guys at the poker game only one knew of her commiting the robbery.

They laundered the money for her and would have told D.L. the truth, who then would have left with Micah. As she saw it, and I tend to agree, that couldn't happen.

If Hiro and Ando hadn't gone to the bathroom she would have killed them too. Would you still be justifying her actions?

We don't know that. To date Niki has only killed criminals. It could turn out she's neither hero nor villain; she very well may become the show's resident antihero à la Wolverine and The Punisher.

Ok first point I'll make is that where as it's not a stretch to think DL's crew turned on her there is nothing to back that up. Not to mention if she never commited the robbery she never would have been in the position of kill or be killed.

Good point, but D.L. was going to put them in that very same situation. Either the police or his crew or the mob or someone would have come looking for them. So again, kill or be killed.

Of course if she hadn't commited the robbery DL wouldn't have gone to Jail, and they might not have been in a position to fall into a $50,000 hole to begin with.

Question: did D.L. back out of the robbery or did Niki commit the act before he could? I honestly can't recall.

You also answered your own question of why she didn't cut and run because everyone would have known she did it. The dark side (which so far seems to have some powers the side dosen't have) is not always in control. It's a little hard to take off when the light side dosen't know what is going on. She'll get half way to mexico look in the mirror become the 'good' Nikki and wonder where the hell she's going. The dark side more or less needed to find a way for her and the 'light side' to be on the same page. Thats pure speculation on my part though.

The light and dark side had a conversation last week, so they could wind up on the same page eventually. Hell, I'd really like to see a merging of the two sides by the end of the season. Before then, however, I hope the dark side takes control... especially after last week. Having been wounded, they could work it so that dark Niki takes over while the "weaker" side heals.

Awesome discussion by the way!

Agreed! I haven't had this much fun talking about a TV show since... well, ever.

A lot of people have drawn comparisons between Heroes and X-Men, so I thought it would be fun to see if we could name all of the connections to various characters.

Claire Bennet [healing factor]: Wolverine

Mr. Bennet [none]: Mr. Sinister or Professor Xavier (depending on who you believe)

The Haitian [psychic dead zone]: Leech

D.L. Hawkins [phasing]: Kitty Pryde

Simone Deveaux [none]:

Ando Masahashi [none]:

Eden McCain [none]:

Isaac Mendez [precognition]: Destiny

Hiro Nakamura [time manipulation, time travel, teleportation]: Nightcrawler and...?

Matt Parkman [telepathy]: Professor Xavier

Nathan Petrelli [flight]: Angel

Peter Petrelli [mimicry]: The Mimic

Micah Sanders [child prodigy, mastery of electronics]: Cypher and / or Beast

Niki Sanders [dark side, strength]: Dark Phoenix

Chandra Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Mohinder Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Sylar [telekinetic?]:

Zach [none]: Cody Robbins (Rogue's first boyfriend)

He had a crew, a crew that could pull such a job. That tells me he wasn't on the straight and narrow.

The optimist in me wants to say he could have assembled the crew after he planned the job but thats not very realistic so i'll have to concede this one to ya. It is a bit shady that he had a crew, again though it dosen't mean he was openly criminal in front of micah.

No matter what she has done, Niki has never let her son see that side of her. D.L. might have been a great father, his interactions with Micah sure make it seem that way, but you can't expose a child to that kind of life. (Niki isn't doing Micah any favors by taking him on the run, that I'll concede.)

Even though she never intentionally let her see that side of him, Micah is pretty damn smart and put a lot of things together.

Let's say the robbery went as D.L. planned. With that kind of money on the table, someone would have turned on everyone else. Assuming it wasn't D.L. who turned, he would have been killed, and I'm guessing Niki and Micah would have been too because Niki knew her husband's plans. Dark Niki would have erupted and killed everyone in self-defense... possibly in front of Micah. As weird as it sounds, it's better that Niki murdered them rather than allowing Micah to see her actions.

Well there's a lot of what if's in there. Since we really don't know what happened between Niki and DL's crew there will be alot of guessing here. Honestly it's not farfetched to believe that she killed them all just so they couldn't tell DL she was behind it....

Whether she took it or D.L. did, someone would have come looking for that two million.

That was the exact reason that D.L. gave to why he didn't go through with the robbery. He didn't want to put Niki and Micah in that kind of danger.

The obvious fact that money, especially that kind of money, corrupts people. She killed people for it, whether you believe her actions were just or not, so it isn't that far of a stretch to assume someone else would have turned.

I agree money is the root of all evil, but I will continue to harp on the fact if she hadn't commited the robbery she never would have been placed in that position.

They laundered the money for her and would have told D.L. the truth, who then would have left with Micah. As she saw it, and I tend to agree, that couldn't happen.

Which would have been okay if she just killed the one who laundered the money. As far as I know(I could be wrong) only one guy there knew she had that kind of money. The other two no matter how dirty they might have been were innocent of that fact.

We don't know that. To date Niki has only killed criminals. It could turn out she's neither hero nor villain; she very well may become the show's resident antihero à la Wolverine and The Punisher.

True we don't know that but honestly do you think she would have spared them? Especially since Ando would have recognized her. In your theory she kills anyone who could potentially br a threat to her or her son. Someone IDing her on a murder rap would be a threat.

Good point, but D.L. was going to put them in that very same situation. Either the police or his crew or the mob or someone would have come looking for them. So again, kill or be killed.

Question: did D.L. back out of the robbery or did Niki commit the act before he could? I honestly can't recall.

Yes D.L. backed out fearing repercussions for his actions.

The light and dark side had a conversation last week, so they could wind up on the same page eventually. Hell, I'd really like to see a merging of the two sides by the end of the season. Before then, however, I hope the dark side takes control... especially after last week. Having been wounded, they could work it so that dark Niki takes over while the "weaker" side heals.

Honestly it seems the darker side has more control. It takes over when it wants and knows everything the good side knows. The good side dosen't seem to have the same luxury

A lot of people have drawn comparisons between Heroes and X-Men, so I thought it would be fun to see if we could name all of the connections to various characters.

Claire Bennet [healing factor]: Wolverine

Mr. Bennet [none]: Mr. Sinister or Professor Xavier (depending on who you believe)

The Haitian [psychic dead zone]: Leech

D.L. Hawkins [phasing]: Kitty Pryde

Simone Deveaux [none]:

Ando Masahashi [none]:

Eden McCain [none]:

Isaac Mendez [precognition]: Destiny

Hiro Nakamura [time manipulation, time travel, teleportation]: Nightcrawler and...?

Matt Parkman [telepathy]: Professor Xavier

Nathan Petrelli [flight]: Angel

Peter Petrelli [mimicry]: The Mimic

Micah Sanders [child prodigy, mastery of electronics]: Cypher and / or Beast

Niki Sanders [dark side, strength]: Dark Phoenix

Chandra Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Mohinder Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Sylar [telekinetic?]:

Zach [none]: Cody Robbins (Rogue's first boyfriend)

Yeah i'm leaning towards Sinister for Mr.bennet and here's why; I could be wrong[potential spoilers maybe] but I swear I noticed the same tattoo on the cop during previews of next weeks show. Thats making me think that they are conducting experiments on the 'heroes' and altering them. The ones with the tattoos have been marked. Which could explain why the only took Nathan at the hotel and not Niki.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if maybe Chandra isn't dead. There's two reason's I think this one is I recognize the actor who's picture is on the back of the book Chandra wrote. I've seen him in several movies (Mr. deeds, he was Electra's dad in Daredevil, in Stargate and a reoccuring character in Stargate SG1) so he seems too big of an actor to just be a picture on the back of a book. Now my crazy guess (just a guess) is that Chandra is Syler. It seems awfully strange that Syler knows where all the 'Heroes' are using Chandra's theories. The why is a harder question to answer but here you go; My guess is that he had the telekinesis all along which is why he believed in people who were (lack of a better term) mutating. The group run by Mr. Bennet caught him experiment on him which caused a split in his personality (much like Niki) and cause him to turn into the Syler personality. It's all pure speculation on my part but I really believe syler is going to turn out to be someone we already know...

Yeah i'm leaning towards Sinister for Mr.bennet and here's why; I could be wrong[potential spoilers maybe] but I swear I noticed the same tattoo on the cop during previews of next weeks show. Thats making me think that they are conducting experiments on the 'heroes' and altering them. The ones with the tattoos have been marked. Which could explain why the only took Nathan at the hotel and not Niki.

From early on I've seen Mr. Bennet as Mr. Sinister, but there are those Xavier theories roaming around. So it could go either way.

Does Niki's tattoo disappear when dark Niki is repressed? It's only been shown post-transformation. In fact, after D.L. phased through her, the tattoo appeared to be missing from her shoulder. Then again, the strap of her skimpy T-shirt could have been covering it.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if maybe Chandra isn't dead. There's two reason's I think this one is I recognize the actor who's picture is on the back of the book Chandra wrote. I've seen him in several movies (Mr. deeds, he was Electra's dad in Daredevil, in Stargate and a reoccuring character in Stargate SG1) so he seems too big of an actor to just be a picture on the back of a book.

Agreed. Also, episode 10 is called "Six Months Ago" and will feature Chandra.

Now my crazy guess (just a guess) is that Chandra is Syler. It seems awfully strange that Syler knows where all the 'Heroes' are using Chandra's theories. The why is a harder question to answer but here you go; My guess is that he had the telekinesis all along which is why he believed in people who were (lack of a better term) mutating. The group run by Mr. Bennet caught him experiment on him which caused a split in his personality (much like Niki) and cause him to turn into the Syler personality. It's all pure speculation on my part but I really believe syler is going to turn out to be someone we already know...

I'm fearful that future Hiro is Sylar. The fact that the victims had the tops of their heads lobbed off coupled with the sword he carries worries me. Maybe he kills Claire by cutting her brain out (as we've seen, that can kill her) but regrets it, and that's why he told Peter, "Save the cheerleader. Save the world." If Hiro is Sylar, he obviously can't stop himself because it would cause a paradox, which Hiro postulated was the reason future Hiro went to Peter and not himself.

Where his TK powers came from is anyone's guess. Or maybe it's not telekinesis at all. You know how Flash can run so fast you can't see what he's doing? Maybe Hiro learns how to manipulate time in a similar fashion: he speeds himself up so much it appears as if his powers are telekinetic.