Heroes - SPOILERS!

I think Mr. Bennet is going to die. Notice he wasn't in any of the scenes for next week, but Sylar was free.

He was in one scene in the preview but he was screaming. I think you're right though. It sets up the fact that he was doing everything for the side of good. Shit will hit the fan near the end of this season.

I think I'm moving closer to Yoda's thought about Hiro. All his talk of "mission" and heroic language and "I'll never betray you" stuff is all pushing him towards the big bad as far as I'm concerned.

Did Hiro tell Peter to save the cheerleader so that he could absorb both her and Sylar's powers? And for that matter, is future Hiro one of the people Claude has trained?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonus points for the first person to mention the license plates on Hiro's dad's car...

NCC-1701 It was a little obvious wasn't it?

What made Sylar fly backwards into the fridge? The only thing I could guess was that he has a force field that kept the bullet from hitting him, but kept it's velocity. Like holding an unbreakable shield and getting hit with a wrecking ball.

I'm glad I was wrong about Mr. Bennet dying. I'm starting to like him, and I want to know more about him, like his first name. They almost said it this time.

Did anyone else get a Batman Begins feeling when Peter and Claude were on the roof? They reminded me of Bruce and Liam Neeson's character.

• 2 weeks later...
I love how they continue to connect the characters. the whole first scene in the apt was amazing.

It's been fun, but the identity of Claire's daddy was just too forced. I think that one flopped.

I disagree. It is one hell of a coincidence but that is pretty much what makes Heroes more than just people with powers. It has already been established that Nathan has no problem playing it loose so it isn't out of character for him to have kids scattered around.

It has already been established that Nathan has no problem playing it loose so it isn't out of character for him to have kids scattered around.

I want to see Bill Clinton do a cameo; Nathan gushes that the former President is his hero.

:P

This is a spoilers thread so I can say this. I'm glad she died(she looks dead anyways). She was a throwaway character. Now they can take Peter and Issac in different directions without the love triangle holding them back.

I'm going to assume she's dead because the tag line was "someone dies, someone flies" and Claires mum survived. They haven't lied with their tags yet so I doubt they will now. I'm happy she is gone too. There are so many different ways they can use the death now. Further a heel turn, the key issue, hell even setting aside differences since they know they had/have at least one thing in common

I didnt think that one of the main season characters was supposed to de for another episode or two yet? Probably dont imagine her a main character but isnt that what was said anyway?

I considered her a main character in an ensemble cast. Obviously a couple people stand out as being "more" main, peter and hiro and such, but she ranks up there the same as isaac and nathan and even DL

And I think Simone's death will be Peter's "Uncle Ben" moment: he used his powers selfishly, and it cost him dearly. From now on he can only use them for good, not gain.

I'm confused. Peter went to Texas to stop Sylar and save someone he did not even know, even though he knew there was a really good chance he was going to die in the process. Other than Hiro, he is probably more interested in being a super hero than anyone else.

And I think Simone's death will be Peter's "Uncle Ben" moment: he used his powers selfishly, and it cost him dearly. From now on he can only use them for good, not gain.

I'm confused. Peter went to Texas to stop Sylar and save someone he did not even know, even though he knew there was a really good chance he was going to die in the process. Other than Hiro, he is probably more interested in being a super hero than anyone else.

What's confusing you?

Nathan will be the main player to die before the season is over. Trust me on this. And I think Simone's death will be Peter's "Uncle Ben" moment: he used his powers selfishly, and it cost him dearly. From now on he can only use them for good, not gain.

just curious here since his death is also on the top of the list when I'm speculating with my friends, but what makes you think that? honestly, that option has dropped drastically in my group's opinions since we were kind of expecting him to sacrifice himself for Peter offering the Uncle Ben type moment that Peter doesn't need anymore.

There were a couple of times in last night's show that Peter looked really evil. What's the deal with that? Rather than an "Uncle Ben moment", how about the moment that turns him bad?

Parker was a pretty big prick for a while before the Uncle Ben moment too. But because he is a generally good person, like the other Peter, the moment straightens him back out.

Nathan will be the main player to die before the season is over. Trust me on this. And I think Simone's death will be Peter's "Uncle Ben" moment: he used his powers selfishly, and it cost him dearly. From now on he can only use them for good, not gain.

just curious here since his death is also on the top of the list when I'm speculating with my friends, but what makes you think that? honestly, that option has dropped drastically in my group's opinions since we were kind of expecting him to sacrifice himself for Peter offering the Uncle Ben type moment that Peter doesn't need anymore.

There are several things which make me think he'll die.

01. If Peter's dream comes true, Nathan is next to him when Peter explodes. (However, Simone was in the dream and Matt was still a cop, so it can't be taken literally.)

02. He's so very dirty. His past is bound to catch up with him.

03. Jessica has been contracted to kill him. No one can stop her.

Personally I don't want Nathan to die. I love the actor and character, and his job will allow him to pull strings all over the place. (Plus I can see him becoming President Petrelli in the future.) So, yeah, he better live... but I'm not sure that's the case.

What's confusing you?

Peter doesn't need an "uncle ben" moment - I don't think he ever has. Nathan, yes, but not Peter.

So what comic character do the Heroes characters resemble most?

Claire - Wolverine

Peter - Mimic (minor X-Men character)

Sylar - Rogue

Nathan - Angel (without wings)

D.L Hawkins - Kitty Pride

Nikki - The Hulk

Matt - pick a psychic.

Isaac - ???

Hiro - ???

What's confusing you?

Peter doesn't need an "uncle ben" moment - I don't think he ever has. Nathan, yes, but not Peter.

Sure he does. He's young, unsure of himself, has no clue what's happening to him or his life. Everyone around him uses him as a whipping boy, and when he finally fought back... it cost him a loved one. That's Peter Parker and Peter Petrelli.

So what comic character do the Heroes characters resemble most?

Claire - Wolverine

Peter - Mimic (minor X-Men character)

Sylar - Rogue

Nathan - Angel (without wings)

D.L Hawkins - Kitty Pride

Nikki - The Hulk

Matt - pick a psychic.

Isaac - ???

Hiro - ???

Here's the list I made earlier in the thread (with modifications):

Claire Bennet [healing factor]: Wolverine

Mr. Bennet [none]: Mr. Sinister or Professor Xavier

The Haitian [psychic dead zone]: Leech

D.L. Hawkins [phasing]: Kitty Pryde

Simone Deveaux [none]: ?

Ando Masahashi [none]: ?

Eden McCain [persuasion]: ?

Isaac Mendez [precognition]: Destiny

Hiro Nakamura [time manipulation, time travel, teleportation]: Nightcrawler and...?

Matt Parkman [telepathy]: Professor Xavier or Jean Grey

Nathan Petrelli [flight]: Angel

Peter Petrelli [mimicry]: The Mimic

Micah Sanders [child prodigy, mastery of electronics]: Cypher and / or Beast

Niki / Jessica Sanders [dark side, strength]: Dark Phoenix

Chandra Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Mohinder Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Sylar [mimicry]: Rogue

Zach [none]: Cody Robbins (Rogue's first boyfriend)

Claire Bennet [healing factor]: Wolverine

Mr. Bennet [none]: Mr. Sinister or Professor Xavier

The Haitian [psychic dead zone]: Leech

D.L. Hawkins [phasing]: Kitty Pryde

Simone Deveaux [none]: ?

Ando Masahashi [none]: ?

Eden McCain [persuasion]: ?

Isaac Mendez [precognition]: Destiny

Hiro Nakamura [time manipulation, time travel, teleportation]: Nightcrawler and...maybe Fiztroy anyone?

Matt Parkman [telepathy]: Professor Xavier or Jean Grey

Nathan Petrelli [flight]: Angel

Peter Petrelli [mimicry]: The Mimic

Micah Sanders [child prodigy, mastery of electronics]: Cypher and / or Beast

Niki / Jessica Sanders [dark side, strength]: Dark Phoenix

Chandra Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Mohinder Suresh [none]: Moira MacTaggert

Sylar [mimicry]: Rogue

Zach [none]: Cody Robbins (Rogue's first boyfriend)