Heroes - SPOILERS!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That was one sad episode! :cry:

Here's what I'm thinking: Mr. Bennet's mind has not been wiped. He and the Haitian are giving Claire plausible deniability if she's ever caught. Now, as far as she knows, her father knows nothing, which protects the Bennet family.

This is the only show I can think of that gets better every episode, and makes you wish it was next week to see the next one. Holy crap, first we see Hiro as a kid, and then we find out his father is involved in the whole thing. Next week we finally get to see Linderman. Everyone is connected, and we are just now finding out how.

Is next week the season finale? I don't know if I can take a whole summer without this show.

That was great!

An entire episode without Hiro, Sylar and, for all intents and purposes, Claude and it was still awesome. These are my favourite characters. Matt is becoming a very cool character.

There was just something so comic book about Matt and Mr. Bennett's telepathic communication that it was so goddamn fantastic!

As I mentioned on the Oratory this is by far my favourite episode of Heroes by far, before this weeks episode I thought they had taken Matt as far as they were hoping for and that he was potentially going to be the one killed off. Now the possibilities for Matts character are endless as he now will probably be working for the Paper company, as well as tracking down Mr Bennett and the Haitian then into the other Heroes who he already knows, and dont forget he could be the one to track down Claude as well.

Did they give a name to Mr Bennetts boss at the company or not? The guy who turned up at the house

Is next week the season finale? I don't know if I can take a whole summer without this show.

Nope. There will, however, be a break after next week. Two or three weeks from what I understand.

Did they give a name to Mr Bennetts boss at the company or not? The guy who turned up at the house

I don't think his name was said during the show, but on Wiki he's listed as Thompson. So maybe his name was in the credits.

Once again, another good episode. Not as much action, but the story is moving right along. Poor Hiro can't seem to figure out how to control where he goes when he teleports. Mohinder isn't as dumb as I thought. I was losing faith in his character by letting Sylar tag along. I'm convinced that Linderman has a power, and the ending is the best cliffhanger all season.

By the way, can anyone tell me why that same rooftop keeps showing up all the time. It shows up in the past, present, and future.

By the way, can anyone tell me why that same rooftop keeps showing up all the time. It shows up in the past, present, and future.

It must have something to do with Claude. He's still working for the man but training an army. Maybe.

I agree about Suresh. It's great to see a strong Indian character without having him made a victim or a scapegoat (or a terrorist). His treatment of Sylar added so much depth to him and the moment with the bullet sitting in the air was really the first time this season I actually despaired over what might happen to a character.

I didn't realize it was on last night and stumbled onto it a few minutes after nine. I'm glad I did. It was nice to listen to the French dialogue and understand it too (inconsequential as it may have been). Hiro does more for me as a character through his physical acting than any other character can with the most brilliantly written dialogue.

I take it I wasn't the only one who caught that Jessica killed Agents Alonso and Quesada?

It must have something to do with Claude. He's still working for the man but training an army. Maybe.

No, I think it's because the studio was too cheap to build a second set :P

No, I think it's because the studio was too cheap to build a second set :P

Geez...it's called: Benefit. Of. The. Doubt. :P

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31840

Straight from the HEROS panel at Paleyfest in Hollywood. They showed a scene from the next new batch of Heros eps.****SPOILER WARNING*********

Linderman is explaining that he is responsible for the nuke explosion to come in NYC, and that the reason is the resultant crisis will unite the rest of the world! He alludes to having a power, being part of a earlier group who were doing good deeds, but later fell apart; some of them becoming the cabal we've seen so far. He also feels he's doing the world a favor. Of course, this is Ozmandius' reason for the faked NYC alien attack & a-bomb in Watchmen. Can all of the Heros writers not be aware of this major plot point from Watchmen? And, If that film ever gets made, would it force them to change the ending, since Heros has now used the same idea?

If you are going to borrow a plot, why not borrow from the best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The first season will be released on DVD on 28 August, and it will come in two formats: standard ($59.98) and HD-DVD ($99.98). Still no word on what (if any) extras will be included.

And the following is from Wiki:

Season Two (2007-2008) - Generations

In a recent interview with E! Online Tim Kring said: "There are plans to add one new, one big character next season." He also stated that the "Heroes" that remain are likely to stick around, because he's changed his MO "I thought Heroes was going to have an ever-shifting cast," he says, "but the cast hit in such big ways that now the challenge is to figure out how to use them all and still fold in a couple of new people, because I still think that the origin stories are the most fascinating, in some ways." Masi Oka, who portrays Hiro Nakamura, recently said in an interview with Sci-Fi Wire, “I think it’s great the way the finale ends… It’s a wrapping up of volume one, which is called ‘Genesis.’ And it wraps up the whole bomb storyline. So it’s a nice finale, and there’s a great cliffhanger with everybody, I would say. And you do get to see a little bit of volume two, which is called ‘Generations.’”. Tim Kring also revealed that although he plans to keep most of the "surviving cast" with the addition of a couple of new faces, Season 2 will start off with the heritage and lineage of some of the major heroes families, much of which is the first generation of heroes.

Season Two (2007-2008) - Origins

In a recent press release as reported by CNN NBC announced that Season 2 would consist of 22 regular episodes plus 8 episodes of a spin-off entitled "Heroes: Origins". The spin-off will introduce a new character each week, and viewers will select which hero will join the official cast in the following season (Season 3 of "Heroes"). The reason given for the spin-off was to remove the mid-season hiatus, which caused the ratings to falter when Heroes returned in Season 1.

In a recent press release as reported by CNN NBC announced that Season 2 would consist of 22 regular episodes plus 8 episodes of a spin-off entitled "Heroes: Origins". The spin-off will introduce a new character each week, and viewers will select which hero will join the official cast in the following season (Season 3 of "Heroes"). The reason given for the spin-off was to remove the mid-season hiatus, which caused the ratings to falter when Heroes returned in Season 1.

That sounds very cool.

I'm copying and pasting from the Oratory again, because I know there are some folks who post here that don't hang around over there... Finale spoilers if, per chance, you haven't seen the final episode yet...

I thought it was OK, definitely not the best episode of the season or anything.

And for a show that prides itself on its realism, that ending made about zero sense. OK, so Peter's going to explode... that's a granted. Here are your options;

-Somebody shoots him in the head. He falls down, the crisis is averted. He can even presumably be saved if somebody (maybe DL) can reach in there and pull the bullet back out. Worst case scenario, Peter dies and that's the end of the story.

-Nathan flies him into orbit and they both go kablooey. If the blast is radioactive, as we've been led to believe this entire series, the fallout isn't just contained to New York, and the entire continent is irradiated. Nathan is disintegrated, and Peter is presumed dead (even if he can regenerate, how does that help him breathe in space? I know, I know, he'll be back, but this is reality we're supposedly talking about here). Two heroes down, possibly thousands more when the radioactive cloud floats over the nation.

-Peter flies him fucking SELF into orbit. The guy can fly. Why did he let his brother sacrifice himself? Same set of risks as above, but there's only the potential for one main cast fatality and even that's a longshot.

Of the three, if I'm in that situation I tell Nathan to step down and find somebody with the nuts to shoot Peter in the head.

Aside from the goofy ending (and I'm not overlooking Sylar transforming into a cockroach here, either) I thought the episode took itself to be more dramatic than it really was. I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if they didn't play the heavy, serious music the entire episode and the big wrap-up in the square wasn't over and done with in a heartbeat.

Good, not great.

I'm also quoting myself from the ol' 'Tory:

-Nathan flies him into orbit and they both go kablooey. If the blast is radioactive, as we've been led to believe this entire series, the fallout isn't just contained to New York, and the entire continent is irradiated. Nathan is disintegrated, and Peter is presumed dead (even if he can regenerate, how does that help him breathe in space? I know, I know, he'll be back, but this is reality we're supposedly talking about here). Two heroes down, possibly thousands more when the radioactive cloud floats over the nation.

Who says they went into space? For all we know they just went way up into the atmosphere. And even if they did enter space, Peter's dead (but regenerated) body could be in orbit. The second it reenters Earth's atmosphere (which he could survive thanks to the combined might of Claire and Niki's powers), he can breathe again.

-Peter flies him fucking SELF into orbit. The guy can fly. Why did he let his brother sacrifice himself? Same set of risks as above, but there's only the potential for one main cast fatality and even that's a longshot.

Did Peter ever fully grasp flight? I thought that was the one power (well, Ted's too) he never fully understood how to control. I can't recall. For sake of argument, let's say he did know how to fly. With the way he was panicking, there's a good chance he wouldn't have been able to make it out of the city.

I'm not overlooking Sylar transforming into a cockroach here, either

He didn't turn into a roach. He dragged himself into the sewer. Just as they could have used a rat, the roach was simply there to illustrate the filthiness into which Sylar plunged himself.

And what was with the telepathic cop biting it about three seconds after he saw Sylar? He undertook that big, long journey and that was his payoff? A shrug, five bullets in his belly and a ride to the morgue?

Matt's not dead.

Yeah, Sylar is merely in the sewer. He never ate the brain of a shapeshifter from what I know.

I liked that ending. It at least redeems Nathan, who I consider to be a good character.

I thought it was evident that Peter couldn't fly with any semblance of control. Remember when Claude threw him off the building?

Matt isn't dead, only hurt.

Hiro's story was great in this episode, especially the "You look badass" part. Ando is the perfect foil. I think I may be right in assuming the eclipse in 1671 started this whole powers mess. Or, is that one of Kensei's powers?

I'd agree with the good, not great comment. It's hard to keep quality pumped so high throughout an entire season as they have. But I do appreciate the wrapping up of almost every main storyline. If they didn't, between tomorrow's Lost finale and a Heroes finale with no answers I may have had a coronary.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, Sylar is merely in the sewer. He never ate the brain of a shapeshifter from what I know.

Sylar had killed about quite a few people when his character is first mentioned, but the only power they show him have is the tk and ice powers. It's very possible that he has powers that he rarely used.

I thought it was evident that Peter couldn't fly with any semblance of control. Remember when Claude threw him off the building?

He flew well when he saved Claude from Bennett and the Haitian.

Hiro's story was great in this episode, especially the "You look badass" part. Ando is the perfect foil. I think I may be right in assuming the eclipse in 1671 started this whole powers mess. Or, is that one of Kensei's powers?
I think Kensei is Hiro's dad...

• 2 months later...
NBC is adding former "Veronica Mars" star Kristen Bell to the cast of "Heroes." The network has hired Bell for a key multiepisode arc of the second season.

Bell will make her first "Heroes" appearance in October. She'll play Elle, a character described as a sexy, mysterious young lady who has ties to the supposed death of Peter, H.R.G.'s past and the future of Claire. Elle will kick off her arc by committing a serious crime, though it's unclear whether she's good or bad.

"This was not easy to pull off," said "Heroes" creator-executive producer Tim Kring. "But since we're an ensemble show, with many arcs playing out through the year, we found a way to jump into a small window in (Bell's) schedule."

Universal Media Studios prexy Katherine Pope also hinted that landing Bell wasn't easy, noting that "many studios (were) chasing her in both film and TV" and that she was happy that Bell "chose to star in our show."

Also click here for an interview with Zachary Quinto, who plays Sylar. He tells us that Sylar might not actually be eating those brains, and that he will kill someone the first time we see him next season. It also talks about him playing Spock in the new Star Trek movie.

• 2 weeks later...