San Diego Comic-Con news

Missy

Jeph Loeb & Simone Bianchi take on Wolverine

Bendis & Cho team for Mighty Avengers

DAMN! I'm super pumped about the new Avengers title! Here are the rosters I'd kill for:

New Avengers

Iron Man

Thor

Black Widow

Ms. Marvel

Bishop

Mystique

Black Cat

- reserve members

Yellow Jacket

Wasp

Mighty Avengers

Captain America

Spider-Man

Hawkeye

Black Panther

Luke Cage

Wonder Man

Beast

- reserve members

Wolverine

Ronin

Sentry

Daredevil

Dr. Strange

The split totally has my attention, and always a fan of Bendis' work, so I will definatly pick up at least the first few issues of Mighty to give it a shot.

I don't know about the roster. I look forward to checking it out though when it happens.

Maybe this is a discussion for another topic... but why do you think that should be the breakdown?

Maybe this is a discussion for another topic... but why do you think that should be the breakdown?

The New Avengers will continue to uncover the conspiracy that was mentioned in the corresponding link. Therefore they need people who appear to be friendly with the government (Iron Man, Yellow Jacket, Wasp), people who are pro-SRA (Ms. Marvel, Bishop) and people who can sneak around (Black Widow, Mystique, Black Cat).

On the other hand, The Mighty Avengers will continue to fight in that old school Avengers sort of way, and the best leader for that team is Captain America. He'll then need to surround himself with people he can trust (Spider-Man, Luke Cage), former Avengers (Black Panther, Wonder Man, Beast) and anti-SRA folks (Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Daredevil). Ronin and Sentry I threw in because I'd like to see Echo / Ronin on a team, and Sentry, really, just because.

The New Avengers will continue to uncover the conspiracy that was mentioned in the corresponding link. Therefore they need people who appear to be friendly with the government (Iron Man, Yellow Jacket, Wasp), people who are pro-SRA (Ms. Marvel, Bishop) and people who can sneak around (Black Widow, Mystique, Black Cat).

On the other hand, The Mighty Avengers will continue to fight in that old school Avengers sort of way, and the best leader for that team is Captain America. He'll then need to surround himself with people he can trust (Spider-Man, Luke Cage), former Avengers (Black Panther, Wonder Man, Beast) and anti-SRA folks (Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Daredevil). Ronin and Sentry I threw in because I'd like to see Echo / Ronin on a team, and Sentry, really, just because.

Thor? Buddy buddy with the government? Nah.

Thor would never bow to man's rulers but would follow Captain America into Hell without a second thought. He won't be an Avenger for a while though, I don't think. Too bad, I love Thor but dislike JMS's writing.

Note my wording: "The New Avengers will continue to uncover the conspiracy that was mentioned in the corresponding link. Therefore they need people who appear to be friendly with the government."

While I think Tony truly believes the SRA is the way to go, I also feel he's getting behind it so strongly so as to get in good with the government. If he can get close to them, really close, he can uncover whatever this conspiracy is.

Thor is simply there as uber-muscle when the shit eventually hits the fan.

And have you read Civil War #3 yet? :whistle:

Note my wording: "The New Avengers will continue to uncover the conspiracy that was mentioned in the corresponding link. Therefore they need people who appear to be friendly with the government."

While I think Tony truly believes the SRA is the way to go, I also feel he's getting behind it so strongly so as to get in good with the government. If he can get close to them, really close, he can uncover whatever this conspiracy is.

Thor is simply there as uber-muscle when the shit eventually hits the fan.

And have you read Civil War #3 yet? :whistle:

Ahhhh! No! Not til Friday.....<plugging my ears>lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala</plugging my ears>