New look and features

Missy

In all honesty, guys, I've been working on this relaunch for longer than week. Counting all of the test designs and whatnot, it's actually been a month. And am I ever glad to have that monkey off my back!

Enough about that. What are your initial thoughts of the new design and the ability to see the latest forum posts on the right-hand side of the page?

As always, let me know if anything is not working (i.e. broken links, images won't load, etc.).

Nearly every link has been altered, so if you were linking to your reviews, videos, etc. in your sigs, blogs or on your personal sites, you'll need to update them.

In all honesty, guys, I've been working on this relaunch for longer than week. Counting all of the test designs and whatnot, it's actually been a month. And am I ever glad to have that monkey off my back!

Enough about that. What are your initial thoughts of the new design and the ability to see the latest forum posts on the right-hand side of the page?

As always, let me know if anything is not working (i.e. broken links, images won't load, etc.).

Nearly every link has been altered, so if you were linking to your reviews, videos, etc. in your sigs, blogs or on your personal sites, you'll need to update them.

Looks great! Makes it easy to see forum updates as well as new articles. Well done.

Aye, it's looking real good. I'm liking that "coming" bar on the left but I'm not so sure about the recent forum posts, that's a bit... odd.

As Zephyr said, it's there to entice people to join. They'll see, say, "Bendis to write Batman/DD crossover," click the link and read the post, and will then hopefully join in on the discussion.

Yes, as are Fat DJ's reviews of several books. They were removed because I wanted to streamline the site. The focus started out as comic books and video games, and then ballooned out into movies and TV and novels and anime / manga, and I felt it got a little out of control -- like the site lost focus.

So, for now, the TV and book section are dead. The reviews are still there, you just have to know where to look for 'em. ;) In the future, if there's a huge demand for television and book reviews, I'll consider bringing them back.

So, for now, the TV and book section are dead. The reviews are still there, you just have to know where to look for 'em. ;) In the future, if there's a huge demand for television and book reviews, I'll consider bringing them back.

I'll find them yet, and I'll link them in my sig when me as Ken gets boring. That said I'm shocked you weren't textually pissing yourself laughing at it

• 2 weeks later...

Love the redesign.

Definitely a huge step in the right direction. I like being able to click on things directly from the front page, or seeing something interesting and beign able to go to it. I haven't been around much but I'm sure the new layout will entice me to venture further into the forums. Keep up the good work Mike.

One thing. I look at the front page in firefox and Safari on the Mac and there is a 'ó' symbol before each link. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, maybe it's a Mac thing. Not an eyesore but more of a heads-up.

One thing. I look at the front page in firefox and Safari on the Mac and there is a 'ó' symbol before each link. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, maybe it's a Mac thing. Not an eyesore but more of a heads-up.

I'll look into that on Monday. When I last checked the site on a Mac, I used IE and everything looked fine. But I know there can be subtle differences between the way IE, Firefox and other browsers render a page.