My name is Bruce

Campbell is back, with a pretty interesting concept.

Role: Producer, Director, "Bruce Campbell"

Release Date: 2007

"A small town, plagued by an ancient curse, makes the horrible mistake of recruiting a genre actor to help, thinking that his movie skills would apply. They don't. Be afraid, be very afraid.

"In active pre-production now. Due out next year." -BC

Press Release

My Name Is Bruce is being produced by Dark Horse Indie, the new joint venture production company created by Dark Horse Entertainment and Image Entertainment. Popular actor and Oregon resident Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Army of Darkness) is set to star and direct. He will also produce the project with another Oregon resident, Dark Horse president Mike Richardson.

My Name Is Bruce is the tale of a small town set upon by demons after a group of teen-agers unwittingly unleash an ancient curse. Campbell, playing himself, is kidnapped off the set of a B horror movie and, despite his protestations that he's just an actor, is forced to play the role of his heroic movie character in order to save the town. Mark Verheiden (The Mask, TimeCop) is writing the screenplay. Production is scheduled for early 2006 in southern Oregon.

• 2 years later...