Everything Marvel

JackFetch

This is how the deal works.

Marvel Studios won’t pay Sony Pictures for the rights to put Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” the “Avengers” franchise or its other superhero films, as part of its new partnership with the studio, according to sources with knowledge of the deal. At the same time, Marvel won’t receive a cut of the box office for any of Sony’s films that feature Spider-Man. Sony won’t receive a percentage of the revenue Disney makes from Marvel’s films that have Spider-Man, either.

Link

I think Marvel definitely got the better deal, and Sony still takes all the risk with the solo movies.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Despite previously indicating that his time as Weapon X could come to an end, Hugh Jackman says in a new interview he’d like to keep playing the character of Wolverine until he dies. Jackman tells Cigar Aficionado (via E! Online) that watching Michael Keaton in Birdman stirred something inside him.

“I said to my wife, ‘The moral is that I should never stop playing Wolverine. I’ve got to find a way to keep playing him until I die.’ I know that someday they’ll recast the role with another actor…I’d be happy if the role was eventually recast. It would mean that it had become iconic.”

He went on to talk about his mindset for each time he plays Wolverine, saying he hopes to push himself more and more each time.

“I always want to be in better shape than I was for the last one. I don’t believe in stagnation. People say they try to maintain the status quo. But I believe the natural cycle means you’re either advancing and getting closer to something or you’re receding…Every time I play Wolverine I want to go further, physically and emotionally.”

There’s been no official word if Jackman will play the character in X-Men: Apocalypse, set for release on May 23, 2016, though he has teased there’s a possibility of his return. In addition, a third Wolverine film is set for release on March 3, 2017 which Patrick Stewart recently said could be a team-up film between Logan and Professor Xavier. David James Kelly is scripting the film which will once again be directed by James Mangold.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/412301-hugh-jackman-wants-to-continue-playing-wolverine-until-he-dies?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hugh-jackman-wants-to-continue-playing-wolverine-until-he-dies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kevin Feige spoke to MTV. Among other things:

• Peter Parker will not necessarily be white, will not have his origin retold, and will have a redesigned costume;
  • Carol Danvers was originally supposed to appear in Age of Ultron as Captain Marvel before being written out so that her origin story could be saved for her own movie;
  • Infinity War Parts 1 and 2 are intended to be two separate movies, not two halves of one story.

I hope we only see Spidey in Civil War and not Peter. That way they don't have to worry about a casting announcement right away that will take away from the Civil War movie.

Is the whole point of Spidey in Civil War that he announces to the world that he's Peter Parker?

I hope we only see Spidey in Civil War and not Peter. That way they don't have to worry about a casting announcement right away that will take away from the Civil War movie.

Is the whole point of Spidey in Civil War that he announces to the world that he's Peter Parker?

That's one of the main points in the comic, but that can't work in the movie since he hasn't been established yet. Nobody would care who Spider-Man is since he'd be so new and not well known. It wouldn't work with the other characters because everyone knows who they are already. Iron Man would have been a great substitute if they hadn't blown that wad in the first Iron Man movie.

I don't know why people would want Spider-Man to do what he did in Civil War since they would not retcon with Mephisto and he'll only be a teenager with a brief history. Like, "My name is Peter Parker, and I've been Spider-Man since I was 15...four months ago."