JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, The Master said:

It's not the massive, action-heavy trailer most people expected, but, for me, it's the perfect setup for the emotional core of the movie.

Yes, it didn't hype me as much as the Civil War and Black Panther trailers, but this was a great tease to what the MCU stands for at this point and how things are moving forward. Really excited

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished season one of The Gifted.  Not sure how I feel about it.  Ramblings below.

Spoiler

It is not an feel good show.  Didn't really expect it to be, and it really shouldn't be.  That is the point after all.   Yet, I felt it needed some 'win' for the good guys.  We never got that moment to relax.  Even for a moment.  Yeah, the face punching might have stopped for a few minutes, but that was just because they wanted to get a few kidney shots in.  Maybe this a byproduct of the binging.

My knowledge of the X-peoples is pretty useless really.  Yet I never felt like I was missing out on who these people were.  I like that.  The powers they went with are TV budget friendly, but felt right.  Was a little worried an overpowered mutant constantly being taken out to make the plot work.  That said, based on the story being told, I could have used a few more non-passing mutants.  I think there were 4 the entire season.  And two of those could have just used some makeup and contact lenses.  Not saying go full Morlocks, but more would have been nice.

The heel turns at the end were not all that surprising.  Lorna was SUPER annoying the entire time.  And of course you split the kids up.  Kinda interested in where season two goes, as it seems more 'not' X-Men vs. Hellfire Club, and way less mutants vs humans.  And would it kill one of the mutant teams to just play baseball.  I'd settle for indoor wiffle ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find the "Avengers Assemble" cartoon series on DVD?

Yes, I know you can buy the series via streaming video from multiple places. I want to buy it on DVD.

Call me a Luddite if you wish. 🙂

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in knowing everyone's thoughts on Cloak and dagger. I am having a hard time getting into it. There is little to no action. The characters aren't exactly likable, and the story isn't keeping my interest. I find myself struggling to keep my attention on the screen when it's on. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm of two minds on this. On one hand, yeah, they were shitty tweets and they're highly inexcusable. On the other, people grow and it's shitty considering the tweets have popped up before and this time it was deliberately resurfaced by a group that wanted to punish Gunn for being Anti-Trump. Still, Disney is entitled to do what they want. The film will probably have to get pushed back as a result.

Okay, after taking some time to think about it, Disney needs to rethink their double standards here. Someone made Tweets years ago that he's apologized for already that they've fired for while one of the studio's big franchises stars a wife-beater and he doesn't get fired? Yeah, no. Once again, Disney is entitled to do what they want with their money but they need to apply that same discretion equally instead of a knee jerk reaction.

You know what? I hope they get Rian Johnson to replace him.

1 hour ago, dc20willsave said:

Okay, after taking some time to think about it, Disney needs to rethink their double standards here. Someone made Tweets years ago that he's apologized for already that they've fired for while one of the studio's big franchises stars a wife-beater and he doesn't get fired? Yeah, no. Once again, Disney is entitled to do what they want with their money but they need to apply that same discretion equally instead of a knee jerk reaction.

Help me out here - I thought Connery had retired?

Gunn being fired is bullshit and again exposes the myth that the MCU is all about individual directors being encouraged to put their own stamp on the universe. Think Favreau being given 2 years to follow up on a sequel to Iron Man then having the series taken away from him. Think Joss Whedon actively ignoring continuity when writing Age of Ultron. Think Edgar Wright. Think the Thor franchise being turned into a joke with Ragnarok (fight me - I hate that movie).

James Gunn made probably the best comic book movie of all time and he's being fired because not all of his tweets are mature or tasteful. Whilst Marvel/Disney aren't going to lose any market share over this, it certainly plays into my "Marvel production line" theory.

3 minutes ago, dc20willsave said:

Johnny Depp beat his ex-wife. Pirates of the Caribbean 6 is still in preproduction.

Oh, Depp. As far as I know, they (him + Amber Heard) released a statement denying any physical/emotional harm transpired, and as a fake-lawyer, I have to go with that.

But yeah, that guy's hardly a role model.