Everything Marvel

JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been years since Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish first began drafting duties on a feature film version of Marvel Comics' Ant-Man and rumors about the project finally making it to the big screen have persisted ever since. Today, The Hollywood Reporter brings some strong encouragement, revealing that Wright has completed work on a test reel designed to help get the film the green light.

"The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang," Wright told SuperheroHype some years ago. "So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."

Of course, substantial changes may have been made to the script since then, especially given the hero's comic book role as one of the founding members of The Avengers.

Whether or not an Ant-Man feature moves forward remains to be seen, though the odds are better than ever that it will happen and that Wright, previously attached only as a screenwriter, will be directing. Production on the film could theoretically begin as soon as Wright completes his next project, The World's End, reteaming with Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. He's also attached to direct The Night Stalker with Johnny Depp in the lead for Walt Disney Pictures, but there's no specific timetable on when that might shoot.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171377-edgar-wright-has-shot-an-ant-man-test-reel

So Guardians of the Galaxy is a thing now, live action. Devin far I told me that Feige told him that they were going for a mixture between new and classic team, which has me half interested. I loved the Valentino era, but I don't think I'll ever pay to see a movie with a talking raccoon in it.

Wow, I did not expect to see it so closely tied into Avengers continuity. That's awesome. That's the first non-first rung Marvel characters to get their own proper Marvel movie- universe movie.

They should totally tap Whedon to Exec produce, get him shepherding the script through his stable of writers. For that sort of ensemble stuff there's no-one better. I'm wondering who we'll get in the lineup, because the current Guardians roster is the culmination of a lot of history.

I'm guessing Star Lord and Nova as the human vantage points, Moonstone, Gamora, Drax, Rocket Raccoon, and then rather than have Quasar and Phyla I really feel like they'll go with Captain Marvel. Perfect character to intro against Thanos. I really hope we don't get Adam Warlock instead, not a huge fan of him.

I'd love to see Cosmo, but they'll struggle with Rocket Raccoon, let alone a psychic dog with a Russian accent.

thanos-imperative-devistation-surfer-cosmo.jpg

I can dig that. Dropping Phyla-vell and Adam Warlock is probably a good idea. The only reason to have Adam is if they were going to use him to build up towards Thanos but he's not neccesary. As for Phyla, might be confusing if you introduce Captain Marvel's kinda daughter before Captain Marvel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...