Everything Marvel

JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's the guy who made Marvel stay afloat after Ron Perelman almost killed it dead in the 90s. He's cheap to a degree that borders on mental illness (he complained bitterly when reporters at a three-hour press conference reached for a second Coke after finishing their first), but in fact that's what saved Marvel. He's high enough on the food chain (answering to Disney personally) that "is a cheap pain in the ass to Kevin Feige" isn't enough to get him shitcanned.

That's fair and all, but being the guy that saved Marvel is great, but he's hurting the company now. He's seventy two, I'm sure he has a great golden parachute. Forcing him out can't be that hard.

Put some Disney puppet in there and save all of Marvel, not just the movies.

Nobody at Marvel could move him, and until recently no one at Disney felt any need to. His area was making a lot of money for them, and it was his thriftiness that was part of that (he's largely responsible for the Terence Howard-Don Cheadle business when he decided he didn't want to pay Howard the amount in his contract). He caused a real problem earlier this year with that whole "we'll never make a movie with a female lead because Supergirl didn't do to well in 1984" business, and this is Disney quietly pushing him off to the side while giving Feige a public win.

I'm highly skeptical that things are going to change that much, but if they do, great.

Less interference is almost always better. I hope this means more distinct directorial visions get represented.

Well of course, I'd love for Marvel films that are distinctly directorial. I'm just not convinced that Kevin Feige has been completely shackled all these years.

I'm highly skeptical that things are going to change that much, but if they do, great.

Less interference is almost always better. I hope this means more distinct directorial visions get represented.

Well of course, I'd love for Marvel films that are distinctly directorial. I'm just not convinced that Kevin Feige has been completely shackled all these years.

Agreed, although not to downplay the idiocy of having a septuagenarian miser damage the foundations of the MCU early on, re: Terrance Howard, contract low-balling, nixing female-centric films etc. Although Feige is on record as agreeing with the latter; the prick...

I saw a commercial yesterday where the Avengers toys are saving a car from a buggy running into it. I noticed Black Widow wasn't there. I really hope Supergirl is a hit and sells tons of merch to show Marvel that female heroes can make money.

DC/WB is not really any better at this. They cancelled Young Justice because too many girls were watching it.