Everything Marvel

JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I'm looking forward to about Deadpool is a different sense of humor than the uniform Marvel universe where every character has the exact same joke delivery and snark level. Marvel character in the movies are ok, until they make a joke when they all become the same character.

What I'm not looking forward to about the Deadpool movie is my kids asking me questions about it for months afterwards.

... J.K. Simmons... best casted character in a comic adaptation.

I just wanted to remark on this, because I so rarely hear anyone else say it. J.K. Simmons plays JJJ like he was born to. The comics have been making (for example) Tony Stark look and sound more and more like Robert Downey Jr. over the past several years. J.K. Simmons, on the other hand, plays the exact Jameson that Stan Lee and John Romita perfected in the late 60s. It's everything right off the page come to life, and I don't think he gets enough credit.

Oh man, he's the best. Say what you will about the Raimi trilogy, but it will always have perfectly nailed J. Jonah Jameson 100% from top to bottom. From his cartoonish greed to his near mania over Spider-Man to his more human moments in the first two films, Simmons perfected that character. I can't see anyone coming after him and improving on what he did.

• 1 month later...

If you want proof that Fox has declared the Fantastic 4 franchise dead, look at the Empire X-Men universe cast photo. Now look at the original picture with the Fantastic 4 cast in it. I guess they figured since nobody saw it, nobody would notice it was changed.

Don't they have to make another one in a few years to keep the rights?

Yes, they have to film a movie within I think 10 years. I think they have to start some kind of pre production within 5 years also. I wouldn't be surprised if they give up the rights after deciding it's not a profitable franchise. They lost a lot of money on the last two movies. Nobody knows what is actually in the licensing contract but I wonder if they can make a shitty movie with the idea of never releasing it just to keep the license like Corman did, or do they actually have to release the movie?

The reason I think it is ten years is because I based it on when Daredevil went back to Marvel 2002 - 2012. Also the timeline of FF movies 1994 Roger Corman - 2005 Fox - 2015 Fox. The Corman version was made just to keep the license, which Stan Lee admitted. They lost the license to Fox, who made a movie 11 years later, or one year after they got the license, Fox made the latest one in 2015, which is 8 years after Rise of the Silver Surfer. They now have at least 5 years to decide what to do so don't expect to hear anything for at least that long unless they volunteer(or make a deal) to give it up to Marvel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...