Avengers movie

JackFetch

At the same time, almost any alternate continuity always paints them as members or former members of the Brotherhood. In fact, I'd say Heroes Reborn and the 90s Avengers animated series are the only ones where Scarlet Witch is strictly an Avenger. As for Quicksilver, it's more 50/50. He's been in X-Factor and more recently much more linked to the X-Men side of the Marvel Universe.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms Marvel could be cool if she's a pawn of the big bad in some way, and that's how she gets her powers.

Ant Man and Wasp would be top of the list to be brought in.

Vision would be great too, perhaps if they used Agent Coulson as the template and had Stark be the engineer behind it.

Vision would be great too, perhaps if they used Agent Coulson as the template and had Stark be the engineer behind it.

Holy shit, Stavros! That's an awesome idea. Though, I've got a feeling Stark would be morally opposed to the idea it'd still be great. Also, I immediately think of Ultron in relation to this idea.

Leading on to the 3rd and final Avengers film where Starks own genius comes back to haunt him as *wait for it* JARVIS becomes Ultron. With the Paul Bettany voice and everything. Holy shit, just blew my own mind. The whole Avengers deal finally comes full circle back to the first Iron Man.

Ant Man and Wasp would be top of the list to be brought in.

This, except I'd rather see him back as Goliath. I'm sure they'll make Ant-Man work well in his own movie, but as an Avenger he's a THOUSAND times more effective as a giant. It would look cool and hell, they could have Clint Barton do it.

At the same time, almost any alternate continuity always paints them as members or former members of the Brotherhood. In fact, I'd say Heroes Reborn and the 90s Avengers animated series are the only ones where Scarlet Witch is strictly an Avenger. As for Quicksilver, it's more 50/50. He's been in X-Factor and more recently much more linked to the X-Men side of the Marvel Universe.

I should clarify: this is second- or third-hand information from someone at Disney, mentioned to one of IGN's reporters during the Avengers premiere marketing blowout.

I was a little surprised they didn't have Giant Man in this one, actually. Makes a lot of sense. Wasp and Ant-Man, though, I've always had trouble really accepting, especially in a speculative live-action form. Maybe because just shrinking down and being tiny doesn't really seem like a great power, and it'd look even weirder in live-action.

Maybe because just shrinking down and being tiny doesn't really seem like a great power, and it'd look even weirder in live-action.

If the 90s live-action JLA pilot taught us anything, shrinking is great for such superheroic feats as shooing cats out from under porches and repairing television sets. Otherwise, being "the shrinky guy" on a superhuman team is about as useful as being Rick Jones.

Also, he has to be Goliath, because Giant-Man is a stupid, stupid, STUPID code name.

Realistically, though, Luke Cage is a strong bet.

I LOVE Luke Cage, but I think a Heroes For Hire movie would actually be INSANELY more fun for him.

Agreed, but Bendis is a consultant, and he loves Cage.

I realize this, but now I'm angry that I probably won't be getting the '70s grindhouse Power Man and Iron Fist movie I didn't realize I wanted so badly until about half an hour ago.

I would kill a man for a kungfu, blaxpliotation Heroes for Hire, with the tiara and everything, but it won't happen. Sweet Christmas.

I don't care if QT never makes another film for as long as he lives, but this has to happen.