Avengers movie

JackFetch

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be some confusion that Joss Whedon announced Nathan Fillion will be Ant-Man in The Avengers at a Comic-Con panel today. While we couldn't attend, Marvel has confirmed to us that he was joking.

"Nathan Fillion is Ant-Man," he said, adding, "unfortunately Ant-Man isn't really in the movie."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/104611-sdcc-nathan-fillion-is-not-ant-man-in-the-avengers

Deadline now reports that Marvel Studios has reached a last-minute deal for Mark Ruffalo to play Bruce Banner, which should allow the actor to fly to San Diego to be introduced with the rest of The Avengers cast at Saturday afternoon’s Comic-Con International panel.

Ruffalo replaces The Incredible Hulk star Edward Norton, who was publicly rejected two weeks ago in an unflattering statement released by Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. His pointed remarks seemed to lend credence to widely circulated, but frequently denied, reports that Norton had fought with studio executives over the final edits to 2008 film.

The 42-year-old Ruffalo, who’s been described as an “actor’s actor,” has been receiving rave reviews for role in The Kids Are All Right. Reports emerged just last week that he was in “late-stage discussions” to play Banner, so it would seem the pieces fell together rather quickly. Contracts might’ve been singed a little sooner, but The Wrap earlier today asserted that pay and the number of films to which Ruffalo would commit had become sticking points.

If all goes according to plan, Ruffalo should appear Saturday at the Marvel Studios panel with newly confirmed Avengers director Joss Whedon, and cast members Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson. There’s a good chance that we’ll also see Jeremy Renner, but probably not Nathan Fillion.

Source

On the eve of Marvel Studios’ panel at Comic-Con International, director Joss Whedon has confirmed that The Hurt Locker star Jeremy Renner will play Hawkeye in The Avengers.

“There will be some avenging that takes place during the film and that’s about all I can tell you,” Whedon tells OnTheRedCarpet.com. “I think it’s well-known that Jeremy Renner is joining us as Hawkeye, which is so exciting for me and the rest of the cast.”

Rumors circulated for months that Renner would portray Marvel’s outspoken archer, leading to a report in early June that the Oscar-nominated actor was in final negotiations for the role. The studio remained quiet about Renner, perhaps waiting for the official of Whedon’s involvement, or for the official introductions at Comic-Con. However, most everyone else seemed to treat Renner’s casting as a foregone conclusion.

The confirmation comes quickly on the heels of a report that Marvel had reached a deal for Mark Ruffalo to play Bruce Banner in The Avengers, replacing Edward Norton. Presumably, Renner and Ruffalo will join Whedon and cast members Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and possibly a couple of others Saturday afternoon in Hall H.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

I sort of assumed all that was the case. From scratch Joss is a better choice for this that Favereau was for the first Iron Man anyway, and whilst I like what Jon brought to the Marvel Universe this should feel like another step up again from all the individual parts. Plus given that Marvel is its own studio, and Whedon is just as if not more capable that Fsvereau without the complex negotiations I think this was the right step.

• 5 weeks later...
MTV squeezed in a couple of questions about Hawkeye in The Avengers when they interviewed Jeremy Renner for The Town.

They asked him if he'll be wearing the classic purple costume. "I think it's going to be a little more reality-based," said Renner. "You can kind of tell with Scarlett [Johansson]'s character [in 'Iron Man 2'], it's going to be more of a uniform ... and not a big purple, comics sort of thing... That's why I think it's more palatable to audiences — there's almost a sense of reality to these superheroes. That's what makes it interesting to me, anyway."

He was also asked about Hawkeye's possible relationship with Black Widow. "We will [have a relationship], I think, in this one as well," he said. "We're kind of a team, and what that relationship is, is still to be discovered."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/107232-jeremy-renner-on-hawkeyes-avengers-costume

• 3 months later...
SuperheroHype has confirmed that the information published in the Albuquerque Journal was not officially released through Marvel Studios and can instead be attributed to a research error on the part of the newspaper.

While this does not preclude the film from featuring

the Kree or the Skrull

, there is no hard evidence to date to suggest their inclusion.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/112850-the-avengers-to-battle-the-skrulls-and-kree

Thought that might be tough, adding space stuff in like that is a big jump. Then again I really like the idea that the Avengers are fighting something none of them have had experience with. Plus it would a gateway to introduce Captain Marvel, and a possible cosmic element to the Marvel film franchise.