Wolverine v Superman

Missy

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I reluctantly have to give this one to the Man of Steel. Wolvie has the healing factor, yes, but it doesn't mean he can't get knocked unconscious by a punch to the head from Supes. I don't see Wolverine being able to overcome Superman, honestly, which sucks because Wolverine is my second favorite comic book character ever.

Truthfully, I don't even see this being a close contest. Sure, he has the healing factor, unbreakable bones and he's tough, but Supes is that much tougher.

The question remains, can the claws pierce Superman's skin or would they break?

I think they could cut his skin, actually. I think if Darkseid can make him bleed, Wolverine's claws can. Adamantium is unbreakable. Superman isn't the strongest person in the universe, so I don't see the claws breaking simply by hitting Supes with them.

LEt's see...

Wolverine: Regeneration, Adamantium skeleton & claws, and the toughest SOB in the history of the Comic Book Multiverse.

Superman: Super-Strength, Super-Speed, Enhanced Hearing, Heat Vision, X-Ray Vision, Flight, virtually Invincible, only known weakness is Kyptonite, and is stripped of powers by exposure to Red light, IE: Red Sun.

Wolverine, because he's never surrender, and if he got some kryptonite, and maybe tip his claws with it, he could take down Superman like nothing. Otherwise, superman could just knock Wolverine out in one punch....

Wolverine, because he's never surrender, and if he got some kryptonite, and maybe tip his claws with it, he could take down Superman like nothing. Otherwise, superman could just knock Wolverine out in one punch....

Wolverine with Kryptonite tipped claws? You might as well put Superman's head on a pike now. Without the kryptonite claws, Logan would get smoked. Which really sucks.

I really like the premis of a Wolverine/Lobo fight, though.

Yeah, assuming once Supes knew one of them had to go down (and thus wouldn't mind obliterating Logan), he'd just fire him up with the heat vision and it'd be the end of the story. You can't regenerate if there's nothing left.

drq

But remember, Supes won't kill. He might burn the shit out of Logan, but he'd let him live. And the problem with that is, if Logan gets hurt/pissed enough he's gonna heal up and come after you again and again until he's won.

no contest: Superman all the way.

Wolvie could pull something cheap to try and win, but we've already found out Supes comes back from the dead. Besides, for every argument about kryptonite-tipped claws, there's a magnetic bullet/shrapnel counterpoint to the healing factor. Supes may not kill usually, but he's done it before. anyway you slice it, under normal conditions my favorite badass just isn't equipped to win against uber-godlike characters