Reel Dread: An Introduction

RSS

Fear is an emotion that is both instinctual and learned. Children are born afraid of falling and of loud noises. Any series of tests (ethically questionable tests, but tests nonetheless) can prove that. A child is not born afraid of dogs, but, for example, if they were to witness a pack of rabid dogs savagely tear their father limb from limb then developing a fear of dogs would be a natural reaction.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/columns/reddick/reel-dread-01

I merged the thread you started, Des, with the one the RSS feed started in the Mainpage Feedback section.

Anyway, we've already spoken about this entry through e-mail, but, what the hell, I'll paraphrase myself here: this intro was to the point, outlined your intent rather nicely and has me excited for future installments. I'm also very pleased that Reel Dread will be a weekly feature. Long have I wanted to add regular content to the site, and I'm glad RD is helping to usher that vision in.

I merged the thread you started, Des, with the one the RSS feed started in the Mainpage Feedback section.

Anyway, we've already spoken about this entry through e-mail, but, what the hell, I'll paraphrase myself here: this intro was to the point, outlined your intent rather nicely and has me excited for future installments. I'm also very pleased that Reel Dread will be a weekly feature. Long have I wanted to add regular content to the site, and I'm glad RD is helping to usher that vision in.

Thanks Mr. Sims, and thanks for the uber sweet banner. I stole it and posted it in my blog to advertise for the article. Hope you on't mind. I did ask folks over there to come and join the forums too.